Which Seahawks players will win the preseason?

two dog

Reaction score
I seems to me that it will be difficult to "win" training camp from the center position but
Joey Hunt will show up for sure, and maybe big, in preseason GAMES.

Hopefully, he will get chances to go up against other teams "ones" at some point.
He's confident, competent, and has a lot of playing time at center.
I adopted him, I'm stickin' with him.

Alex Collins... As a transplanted "arky" (long ago), I still love me some Razorbacks.
Besides which, he's a pretty damn good football player.

The player that I am most looking forward to seeing in the preseason however, is
Treyon Boykin. Seems to have the tools and makeup to possibly be something
special.

McGruff

Reaction score
iigakusei":1s5ddzty said:
Quinton Jefferson is going to abuse 2nd and 3rd string OL's in the pre-season.

Jefferson was my seconfidence thought.

My first was Steve Longa. People who liked John Lutolelie will love Longa. He's a missile.

My third would be Travon Boykin.

chris98251

Reaction score
One player that isn't talked about is Zac Brooks, I think he will have something to prove and the team will want to see what he can do as well.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I see a lot of people picking Reed and Ifedi but I think a key to "blowing up" in the preseason is being able to go up against the scrubs in clean up time. I could see Procise getting most of his time at RB in these situations (whereas early in the game he'll be the third down back).

kobebryant

Reaction score
I hesitate to say Reed, but I say that in a good way. I think he'll comfortably solidify himself as a starting base DT next to Rubin so early that he'll sit down when the 1's sit down - it'll be as solid as it comes in a short amount of time, without any flash or opportunity to go to works against 2s and 3s.

- Boykin could get 2.5 quarters a game playing with athletes like Prosise, Collins, Vannett, Kasen and Lawler against fringe guys. Could lead to some blowouts similar to preseasons gone by.

- In a similar vain, I see Prosise getting a lot of touches in space against inferior athletes

Overseasfan

Reaction score
The first who comes to mind is Lawler. It's not even sure he'll make the roster but if we are to believe the minicamp reports the guy is a highlight machine.

Prosise is also high on my watchlist, he can make plays from wherever he's lined up and is unstoppable in the open field.

Hawker

Reaction score
hawknation2016":2frxzy9r said:
Germain Ifedi. He is a beast who I really hope blows up in the preseason, looks solid in pass pro, and knocks some guys on their asses in the run game.

Also Joey Hunt is too fundamentally sound not to look great right out of the gates.

I can't wait to see Ifedi in action. I share your hopes. :2thumbs:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Kevin smith. With his rookie year behind him and being more familiar with the system, he should do some exciting things this pre season.

At least I think he qualifies as a red shirt since he didn't get a ton of playing time last year

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I am hoping it is a player on the offensive line. I also think Jefferson will blow up the preseason. I don't think Vannett will since a TE probably won't get a lot of action in preseason but blocking assignments. Which is probably what we will need from him for half of the season as the line gels. Would be great to see him box out with his frame in the end zone though.

kf3339

Reaction score
I actually am intrigued by many our rookies this preseason. We had a really quality deep draft with picks that made a lot of sense for our team.

But I'm just picking two in Vannett and Jefferson.

Vannett because we really needed a solid blocking TE for our team. This guy is the real deal in that department. But I think his receiving ability will be on display this preseason. It may even allow us to move Graham down the road in a year or two.

Jefferson because our defense has not had a real 3tech who can crash the interior of opposing O-Lines. This guy has that potential and a family that makes him all business. I would not be surprised if he not only tears it up this preseason, but is replacing Rubin by the end of this season, or next year. At least that is my hope since Rubin really brings nothing in pass rush.

Latest posts