Which UDFA's will make this team?

LTH

Reaction score
There sure are not a lot of roster spots... i think maybe 3 have a chance

Big play Bobo
Levi Bell
Sykes or Perry

What do you guys think? IM probably wrong but...

Educate me... I'm going go catch me v a big ass salmon!

LTH

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The only two that deserve to be kept are Bobo and Bell, but there are few others that can argue a good case for being kept.

EDIT
We all have slept on the guy who already has made the team. That certain UDFA lock for a roster spot is Chris Stoll, our long snapper.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
The only two that deserve to be kept are Bobo and Bell, but there are few others that can argue. Case for being kept.
I just think the Hawks are going to have to make some really tough decsions to mske... it's a really good problem to have.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I don't think so, IIRC Bobo has gotten wayyy more open and has been more reliable than Kasen was.
Kasen Williams route tree was very limited, IIRC, all or most of his catches were off the same route, so he seemed to have a string of luck that preseason. Pete most likely knew that, and that his performance wasn't sustainable, so he was the surprise cut.

I think Bobo's case is different, he just showed us that he's got some sick moves that he can pull to get open, which shows his football IQ, add that to the fact that at 6"4, he's got a good catch radius, and that he's stood out on special teams, I think Bobo could provide much more value to this team than Kasen Williams would've.

Mick063

Reaction score
Secondary, OLB/DE, WR, and RB are the toughest decisions. Some good players are going to be let go. About a decade ago, there were always teams waiting for Seattle's cut down day. It is a defining measure of overall roster quality. It is good to feel disappointed on cut down day again. It means your personnel people are doing their job. Good players will find a home somewhere else. The eye in the sky doesn't lie.

During the first few years of PC/JS, the personnel folks adopted a revolving door policy. The number of bodies brought in for a "look- see" was unmatched by the rest of the league. The roster churn was unmatched. Then, after some success, the personnel folks went through their loyalty phase. I'm glad to see that they are moving back toward the revolving door method, keeping draft picks, not trading down, bringing in a lot of players (UDFA and veterans), and moving on from expensive players again while being much more selective on the loyalty part (ie. Geno, Lock). They are riding out contracts again and not as quick to extend. With this new direction, the only player they really missed on was Bobby Wagner, and they rectified that situation quickly.

Last edited:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team averages about 300 roster moves a season, some seasons somewhat more. As observed above the number was a good deal higher back in 2010, but has not been more than 350 to my recollection. When they are looking to fill a position of need there is lots of churn to find their guys.

They try to keep at least 1 UDFA player a season on the 53 but often more. Many are kept on the PS.

As ever the more a player can do the better that player’s chances are of being kept.

bileever

Reaction score
Bobo, Bell and Sutherland all have a shot at making the 53.

I really liked what I saw from Sarodorick Thompson on Saturday--I think he makes the practice squad. But so much of what you see from running backs in preseason turns out to be fool's gold. (Anyone remember Troymaine Pope? Last played for the Roughriders.)