Which WRs make the final roster?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1ngteckp said:
TwistedHusky":1ngteckp said:
Wait a minute, I thought Foxx was lighting everything up in practice?

What happened to him?

"We are talkin' bout practice"...

This is a good reminder why to take training camp reports with a grain of salt.

Well....we are playing at "Home" tonight. The major difference from Training Camp will be the "hitting"....that's what separates the men from the boys.

kearly

Reaction score
At this point it's impossible to know who the 5th receiver will be. I agree with FlyingGreg that it's very likely Seattle will go with 4 TEs out of the gate which probably means 5 WRs.

Given the lack of depth and talent at offensive tackle, having some extra beef at TE is a necessity.

I'd say zero chance that McEvoy sticks as a WR, it would be like having George Farmer making the team at RB. But then again, Pete has done strange things in August before.

Here's a crazy idea, and I know it's too crazy to happen, but what if Seattle went 4 WR, and then essentially utilized Graham or Willson like a receiver to compensate? I really doubt that happens, but if our 5th best receiver looks terrible and we are carrying 4 TE and 5 RB as expected, it could force the team into a difficult spot at WR.

Tylerhawk

Reaction score
why dose everyone like Kasen Williams so much? I personally think Kevin smith has shown more promise then Kasen. I would like to see Kevin make it over Kasen. But it all doesn't mean anything if they cant get on the field. I really liked what he did on ST last year and as a slot guy.

LolaRox

Reaction score
I also think they keep 4 TE and 5 WR - ADB, JK, TL, PR and the 5th WR will be the WR who offers the most on special teams and/or biggest upside. I hope Tanner proves enough to earn that spot.

I'm over Kasem and Kevin, don't see anything special about either of them and Lawlor isn't ready yet. There was some 'buzz' about Foxx early in camp but he got hurt, can't make the club in the tub

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TDLockett12/status/766017702766927872[/tweet]

themunn

Reaction score
Tylerhawk":3ph3s7om said:
why dose everyone like Kasen Williams so much? I personally think Kevin smith has shown more promise then Kasen. I would like to see Kevin make it over Kasen. But it all doesn't mean anything if they cant get on the field. I really liked what he did on ST last year and as a slot guy.

Smith will definitely make the team before Williams, in fact, i think WR is probably our least competitive group in terms of spots available as the 5 mentioned in the OP plus Williams to me are pretty much dead certs to make the team - it would require a significant contribution (or an injury) in preseason from the rest to bump one of them, at least in the short term.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
WR1: Baldwin
WR2: Kearse
WR3: Lockett
WR4: Richardson
WR5: Smith

Lawyer and Kasen to the PS