While we're in the "what if" mode: Mario Williams

JSeahawks

Reaction score
What if he would have gotten out of Buffalo and come to Seattle for a visit as was rumored and we could have signed him?

Had 10 1/2 sacks for Buffalo this year. I think he would have gotten more here since he would have had better talent around him.

He really truely could have been that missing part.

strohmin

Reaction score
Id rather have Bruce Irvin. He has been pretty good for a rookie.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I was on the bring Mario to Seattle thing for awhile.. but in hindsight.. happy we didn't get him. Would have tied up valuable cap space that we will need to lock up the key ingredients to this team in another few years.

I think the biggest what-if .. What if Braylon Edwards doesn't drop the GW touchdown in Week 1.. and What-if we don't fall to Miami, St. Louis or Detroit. Then Atlanta comes here, if they even get past the first round.. and it's a much different story IMO.

Ah well. Such is life.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
strohmin":2k38oztw said:
Id rather have Bruce Irvin. He has been pretty good for a rookie.

How about both?

Mario and Clem as the starting DE's. Big Red subbing in for Clem on obvious run situations. Irvin rotating in on passign situations. Also could have gotten creative with Mario and Clem at ends and Bruce moving around in different blitzing linebacker positions.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It doesn't matter who your pass rushers are if the offensive line can keep one lineman on each of your big D-linemen. Again, I point to Aldon Smith doing nothing for 3 games with Justin Smith out.

O-LineFan

Reaction score
I think one of the big mistakes that Buffalo made was converting him to a linebacker from a DE.

I seem to remember Mario being one of the best pass rushing DE's in the league while in Texas. Now that his marketability has fallen (along with his potential price tag), he would be a great replacement for Red Bryant as I feel that Big Red in his current situation isn't as effective as we need it to be.

But the money would probably be way to big and I think we all agree that ET and Sherm's contracts are kind of important.

Latest posts