who could be this years Malcolm Smith???

Vetamur

Reaction score
hawkfannj":q2nb3iit said:
Call me crazy but Pat Williams has a big game

Um.. Kevin Williams?

I think there is a chance Luke Wilson gets it, but I think Im going to go with Wagner if its goes to an outside the box type..otherwise, its going to be Lynch or Wilson obviously.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Every single one of you are wrong.

Its Bennett.

Did you see his rant at the media day interviews.
I don't think he was asked a single question.
He was just talking for like ten minutes straight.
I never knew how bad ass he was.
That dude is crazy.

He's going to be a monster on Sunday.

Remember this post and honor me Monday morning.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
MVP is almost always an offensive player. If Percy was still in this offense he'd be the story.
We can win this game handily with our power running, occasional read option/play-option pass as well as the best scrambling passer in the game. We can run to set up the long pass or pass to set up our run.
No dark horse MVP. It will be Lynch or Wilson because our diverse running threat is the Xfactor.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
For some reason I keep thinking Robert Turbin will make a couple of impact plays. Not sure why.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I've already put it in Aros's prediction thread -- Luke Willson.

With all of the attention that Baldwin and Kearse are going to get from Revis and Browner ... coupled with fact that the Patriots will surely stack the box to stop Lynch, keep Collins home to help contain Russell Wilson and keep him in the pocket, that Willson could find himself having some pretty favorable matchups. Seriously, WHO is going to cover Luke Willson? Is Bill Belichick going to spend a lot of time trying to game plan against him? Probably not. He's got the speed of a WR and can beat your average NFL LB. I'd say there is a real possibility (given how I believe the Patriots are going to scheme against the Seahawks) that Willson could be primed for a big day.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":kespiizk said:

With all of the attention that Baldwin and Kearse are going to get from Revis and Browner ... coupled with fact that the Patriots will surely stack the box to stop Lynch, keep Collins home to help contain Russell Wilson and keep him in the pocket, that Willson could find himself having some pretty favorable matchups. Seriously, WHO is going to cover Luke Willson? Is Bill Belichick going to spend a lot of time trying to game plan against him? Probably not. He's got the speed of a WR and can beat your average NFL LB. I'd say there is a real possibility (given how I believe the Patriots are going to scheme against the Seahawks) that Willson could be primed for a big day.

I was just going to say . . . Luke is probably the most likely unlikely player to win it. But honestly, if he puts up big numbers, Russell "the other" Wilson will probably win it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I honestly don't see a Malcolm Smith this year. I think whoever takes over this game will be a well known player.

My money is on Russ or Marshawn for offense. Kam for defense.

Pats .. probably Gronk

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
The OP's topic/question wasn't who will be MVP, it was "who do you guys think could be the lesser known guy who steps up and has a monster game."

That renders the Marshawn's of the equation ineligible.....those aren't "lesser known guys." I like some of the responses here....we've seen Schofield, Turbin, Luke Willson, even Bryan Walters. I'd LOVE for any of those to rise up and have a seminal game. Personally, I espoused Landon Cohen, with my reasoning for such. Regardless, I don't expect we'll see anything along the lines of Malcolm Smith and an MVP-winning game by a backup player (whom, admittedly, the plays made him more than he made the plays, last year). But I do think that if a player like one of the aforementioned has a huge game, it will go a long way towards us winning in Glendale on Sunday.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
hawknation2015":lo6vxsy9 said:
Hawkscanner":lo6vxsy9 said:

I was just going to say . . . Luke is probably the most likely unlikely player to win it. But honestly, if he puts up big numbers, Russell "the other" Wilson will probably win it.

Well, I'm not the only one who thinks that Willson could have a big day. Jake Plummer thinks the same thing (at the very tail end of the interview) ...

http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/media/podcast-softy-ondemand-softy/jake-plummer-128-25770692/

You're right though, if Luke Willson HAS a big day, they'll probably look to hand the MVP award to Russell Wilson. Still ... we've seen receivers be Super Bowl MVP's before. Just saying ...

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I"m going with Malcolm Smith as MVP as he shuts down Gronk.

olyfan63

Reaction score
My first thought was Bruce Irvin. However, he's "known" and not a surprise like Malcolm was. Irvin won't be "coming from nowhere" at this point.

We need KJ Wright to have a big day shutting down Gronk, tons of tackles, maybe a pick-6 that changes the game. He's not a fill-in for a starter, though.

I agree with Bennett having a monster game also. Really, the only "unknowns" on the Seahawks that could have a huge impact on the game would be maybe...

DEFENSE
O'Brien Schofield
Landon Cohen
Kevin Williams (unknown as a Seahawk)
Tony McDaniel
Jeremy Lane
Tharald Simon
Brock Coyle (we'd likely be talking injury and bad news)

OFFENSE
Kearse
Lockette
CMike (Lynch gets injured in Q1 and CMike pulls a Timmy Smith)
Norwood
EDIT: Tony Moeaki
Luke Willson
Cooper Helfet

I really like the idea of Schofield having a big game, sacking Brady a couple times, including a strip-fumble sack, and maybe taking a fumble return to the house, plus a Jordan-Hill-esque interception, and OBS could be MVP. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Both Moeaki, Willson, and Helfet all have the potential to do serious damage from the TE spot while NE is busy with Beastmode.

A couple long TD runs from CMike, while Lynch recovers from an upset stomach or tight back, and CMike could be SB MVP.

The truly unknown players, guys considered "reserves" or "fillin" for injured starter, who could legitimately pull off a Malcolm Smith-out-of-nowhere this year:
* Christine Michael
* Ricardo Lockette
*any* of these 3 TEs: Willson, Moeaki, Helfet
* OBrien Schofield
* Jeremy Lane

Out of those guys, the one(s) I could see "coming from nowhere" to make TWO OR MORE game-changing plays would be O'Brien Schofield, Christine Michael, and Ricardo Lockette. All those dudes can play, and in a big game, could conceivably have two+ difference-making plays.

For MVP, I don't think we get another Malcolm Smith, and my money's on Russell Wilson.

McGruff

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":89oj0vko said:
I think MVP goes to a big name, maybe even a Patriot if the score is close (since they open the ballot during the fourth quarter). As for low-profile Seahawks having a monster game...maybe Luke Willson?

Luke Willson is my pick to hoist the MVP trophy this game. I predict 5 catches, over 100 yards, and 2 TD's.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KJ

KJ NEEDS to have a big game, seeing as he's going to probably be on Gronk and the other TE's a lot. My hope is he makes some big hits and plays, maybe even a pick.

idahawks

Reaction score
Lockette
Walters
Coyle

I'd love to see one of these guys do something insanely awesome and win the game for us.