Who do you want to win the NFC South? (potential playoff op)

Who do you want to win the NFC South? (potential playoff op)

• Atlanta Falcons

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Carolina Panthers

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • New Orleans Saints

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • I don't care who wins, we got this.

Votes: 30 58.8%

• Total voters

rjdriver

Reaction score
Falcons. Horrible home field advantage.

Anyone but the Saints. I don't want to eff with the Karma Gods.

evergreen

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2j0ctk0h said:
I would love to see the Hawks D lay the wood to Brees, Rodgers and Brady en route to another Super Bowl win. That would be impressive.
That could top last year!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
volsunghawk":6oeg50mf said:
12HawkFan":6oeg50mf said:
Please let us not forget what happened the last time a division winning team with a loosing record hosted the world champs for a wild card playoff game.

In case you don't remember:

BEASTQUAKE!!!!

Never, ever take another NFL team for granted, it may and has bitten many in the ass.

GO HAWKS!!!

Please let us also not forget that those Saints had lost 2 of their last 3 games. They also had an abysmal run game and weren't great at defending the run (two things that are usually important in postseason football). And while they were good at defending the pass, they were last in the league in interceptions, so they weren't forcing turnovers as much as they needed to be.

Also, that Saints team was on the wrong side of the turnover differential. They only had 4 games all season where they won the turnover battle (all wins). They lost the turnover battle 7 times and were tied 5 times (plus a 6th time in their playoff game against us). In those 12 regular season games where they didn't outright win the turnover battle, they went 7-5. Not a great team. And it's not like they were playing a murderer's row... based on PFR's ratings, they played the 7th easiest schedule in the league (in part because they got to feast on the NFC West).

Compare that to this year's Hawks team.

Ya, the year they won the superbowl was a fluke. Their D was based on heavy turnovers but outside of that they were average. I think they were close to leading the league in turnovers when they won it and if not for the Vikings self destructing with 5 turnovers, a lot of them not really even forced, along with suspect officiating they would of not even been in the superbowl.

Also the Rams are a game up on anyone in the NFC south...our 4th place team is better than that whole division

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Eh I'd hesitate to call anyone's Lombardi trophy a 'fluke'. Sounds too much like "seattle didn't really win, manning just choked".

Only flukey trophy resides in Shittsburgh.