Who else is GEEKED up for the draft

Sonichound16

Reaction score
Blake Shelton Nbc GIF by The Voice

Jac

Reaction score
It's literally my Christmas. They usually give me a crappy day #1 present so I'm hoping tonight changes that.

Spohawks

Reaction score
As I sit here with a thousand draft options rolling through my head, YES!
Craziest option so far...
With next years draft being the draft of the century...scheme for it/the future.

Trade away this years picks for a ton of upgraded picks next year...and trade those highly desired picks for absoult golden picks over the next 3 years. The Hawks would own the 1st and 2nd rounds from 2024-2027.

It will never happen but leave me and my delusional self alone...its draft day and I am having fun!

Omahawk

Reaction score
Pumped and jacked. I have a meeting I need to go to that starts exactly at 5:00 Pacific Time. It usually lasts about 45 minutes and another 15 or so to get back home. I may have to sneak out early. I went back to see how long each of the first 8 picks in last year's draft took and the 9th pick was on the clock almost exactly one hour after the draft opened. Dang, I hope I can make it back in time.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Pumped and jacked. I have a meeting I need to go to that starts exactly at 5:00 Pacific Time. It usually lasts about 45 minutes and another 15 or so to get back home. I may have to sneak out early. I went back to see how long each of the first 8 picks in last year's draft took and the 9th pick was on the clock almost exactly one hour after the draft opened. Dang, I hope I can make it back in time.
I would do it by Zoom LOL....you know, time constraints due to another "meeting" ;)

James in PA

Reaction score
Excited and scared at the same time. I am mentally trying to prepare myself that they will likely trade down even if there is a player I love still sitting there at #9.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
The last time I was this exited was the year we got Russ & Bobby I had the opportunity to do quite a bit of research working graveyard that year and knew about and wanted both. Now that I am retired and adding the new direction the team is going I am so stoked to see who they get and who they become over the next 2 years.

CPHawk

Reaction score
As I sit here with a thousand draft options rolling through my head, YES!
Craziest option so far...
With next years draft being the draft of the century...scheme for it/the future.

Trade away this years picks for a ton of upgraded picks next year...and trade those highly desired picks for absoult golden picks over the next 3 years. The Hawks would own the 1st and 2nd rounds from 2024-2027.

It will never happen but leave me and my delusional self alone...its draft day and I am having fun!
Yes. And by the time those picks are ready, Pete will be old enough to be president.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The draft really is NFL Christmas.

I love it even knowing the team will make a lot of trades too.

seabowl

Reaction score
Started going to the draft in 1990 and went to roughly 10 drafts. I’m the real deal when it comes to the draft. I knew Joel Buchsbaum who was the best non- NFL employee evaluator ever. Belicheck even used to call him to ask his opinion and even tried to hire him.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
When I woke up this morning, I shared this same energy.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
So excited. Looking back at prior drafts a lot of the Seahawks best picks have come when they either had premium draft position within the top to mid of the round or when they traded up to grab a player.

The fact they hold top ten picks in all rounds they have picks in makes me more assured they can maneuver around a little more comfortably and actually land more players that are must haves on their draft board rather than settling or reaching.

Come on Seahawks country, let’s fly!!!!

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I love the draft. usually until they announce our pick and the words “what the f…” cross my mind and I have to dig into some 2no round mocks to see who that is OR I have to wait another hour because we traded down.
But, hey, it’s all a crap shoot. Every pick is a roll of the dice. Completely random results. (sorry I keep saying that but when I hear it I cannot help but curse the . . . Person . . . That said it.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’m having a hard time with this one as I’ve lost a bit of confidence. It’s a crap shoot and we’ve yet to see what Eskridge is capable of (or maybe we HAVE seen it) but there’s a certain level of dismay when you see your FO pass on not only a position of need, but as sure as a shot (Creed) as you may get.

At the same time, I had Queen over Brooks…PC and JS nailed that.

Hopefully optimistic, but not going to be surprised, if it doesn’t work out.

It’s also the first draft in a long time where I’m not “stuck” on a player. That’s probably a good thing!

GemCity

Reaction score
I love the draft. usually until they announce our pick and the words “what the f…” cross my mind and I have to dig into some 2no round mocks to see who that is OR I have to wait another hour because we traded down.
But, hey, it’s all a crap shoot. Every pick is a roll of the dice. Completely random results. (sorry I keep saying that but when I hear it I cannot help but curse the . . . Person . . . That said it.
Lmao. Agreed!

Latest posts