Who is guaranteeing a win against the WFT?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3epurbju said:
GeekHawk":3epurbju said:
I am. Alex Smith? Really? We had his number so bad in SF that he lost his job to d*ck. I was on a driving vacay with the wifey and we stopped in a Sacramento sports bar to watch the Seahawks absolutely drub the ninners. I found myself consoling the locals about how they were handicapped by having Alex Smith at QB, and they agreed.

All we gotta do is continue the quick-pass change of pace to keep the WTF D on their heels. 34 - 17 us.

Colt McCoy

Eeyore. (sp)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Only thing I'm guaranteeing is that they have a damn good chance in this game. And that even if they DO win, people will downplay it and/or make excuses for the why the Hawks win...…..again.

AlciG

Reaction score
WFT is a much better team right now then their record suggests.
I'm still hopeful for a win but there are no guarantees.

I think I read somewhere the Hawks have only beaten WFT once in the last 8 games they played? How can that be?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
AlciG":3bpvzn2j said:
I think I read somewhere the Hawks have only beaten WFT once in the last 8 games they played? How can that be?

Because it's a really misleading statement; they have rarely played in the regular season. That only includes regular season games and stretches back to 2001.

The Seahawks have beaten them two out of the four last meetings, one of which was a playoff game. That's all the games they've had over the last decade under Carroll's tenure.

They also beat them in playoff games in the 2007 and 2008 seasons.

Half of the regular season games in the eight mentioned are in the 2001 to 2005 seasons.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
GeekHawk":f9cfwgq8 said:
I am. Alex Smith? Really? We had his number so bad in SF that he lost his job to d*ck. I was on a driving vacay with the wifey and we stopped in a Sacramento sports bar to watch the Seahawks absolutely drub the ninners. I found myself consoling the locals about how they were handicapped by having Alex Smith at QB, and they agreed.

All we gotta do is continue the quick-pass change of pace to keep the WTF D on their heels. 34 - 17 us.

We just lost to Colt McCoy, at home, and Washington's defense is only giving up 21 points a game.

I'm fine with people pounding their homer chests, but at least come strong with some legitimate reasoning.

Sure this is a game we can win, but if we win it's going to be a frustrating grind 17-10 or 14-9 kind of game.....and if Russell reverts back to try too hard to make plays Russell? Then we lose.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'll go ahead and guarantee it. If we don't win, then may my credibility as a knowledgeable poster suffer greatly.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3nxf4xj0 said:
GeekHawk":3nxf4xj0 said:

We just lost to Colt McCoy, at home, and Washington's defense is only giving up 21 points a game.

I'm fine with people pounding their homer chests, but at least come strong with some legitimate reasoning.

Sure this is a game we can win, but if we win it's going to be a frustrating grind 17-10 or 14-9 kind of game.....and if Russell reverts back to try too hard to make plays Russell? Then we lose.

Can't really claim Colt McCoy was instrumental to the Giants win. He was 13-22 for 105 with a TD and an INT.
This comes down to defenses making big stops and giving the offenses short fields, and the running game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2k5nbfsu said:
Sgt. Largent":2k5nbfsu said:
GeekHawk":2k5nbfsu said:

Can't really claim Colt McCoy was instrumental to the Giants win. He was 13-22 for 105 with a TD and an INT.
This comes down to defenses making big stops and giving the offenses short fields, and the running game.

I agree, but it GeekHawk is going to throw out bad QB's as to why we're going to win easily 34-17, then I can tell him we just lost to a bad QB who's defense shut us down.

Just as Washington has a good defense. Far better than the Giants defense btw.

Vesuve

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2fmajokr said:
Not I. Anyone?

There ain't no guarantees.

How about the Giants?

WFT could be tough.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
As someone said in the Fearless thread...This one may just require a lot of alcohol. :lol: :irishdrinkers: :vodka:

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2o44v8ak said:
Uncle Si":2o44v8ak said:
Sgt. Largent":2o44v8ak said:
GeekHawk":2o44v8ak said:

I agree, but it GeekHawk is going to throw out bad QB's as to why we're going to win easily 34-17, then I can tell him we just lost to a bad QB who's defense shut us down.

Just as Washington has a good defense. Far better than the Giants defense btw.

I would like to say that first, I don't think that I have ever been mentioned in another post as far as I remember and so, thank you...

I would also like to say that even though we lost to the Vagiants that was a fluke. The nadir of our season. We are better than that. Our D is coming on striong and our O always gets their shit together this time of year. We are now unstoppable, and the rest of the regular season + post season + our eventual Superb Owl win will prove this out!

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Our ability to win largely depends on us, not the opponent. If we stay focused on Sunday, we'll win.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
I'll gurantee too. No doubt we win this game. I'm going to say 30 Sea to 10 or 14 for WFT.

The defense has shown up and the offense has healthy backs. Put a fork in em. The football team that is.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
They lost to Colt McCoy and the Giants because of bad juju. It was a combination of the ridiculous, guys were not just dropping balls, at least one comes off a Seahawk receivers hands, bounces off a NYG and into the hands of a DB. The Giants had the field position and the Offense left the defense out there for WAY too long. On two of the Giants big runs, we had guys getting jerseys pulled while in pursuit of a run to the outside before the RB makes it to the LOS. Just not typical. If there were another 4 minutes in that game the Seahawks win. Sure... it was a home game for Seattle but if that game were a SEATTLE HOME GAME wo/covid the Giants would have had tremendous trouble.

Against DC? I don't see the same things happening. I see the defense of DC tiring and it showing up for a big 3rd quarter by the Seahawks and a cementing 4th quarter.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3bfdesag said:
Against DC? I don't see the same things happening. I see the defense of DC tiring and it showing up for a big 3rd quarter by the Seahawks and a cementing 4th quarter.

I tend to agree. Weather the storm through the first half and tire them out by the end of the 3rd and 4th quarter and pull away. I can sign off on that!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Aros":27gq4vfu said:
loafoftatupu":27gq4vfu said:

I tend to agree. Weather the storm through the first half and tire them out by the end of the 3rd and 4th quarter and pull away. I can sign off on that!

Agreed. Hello, Todd. In the first half each first down will be a victory. Each yard gained will be a punch landed. Washington will have the slimmest of margins for error, here, and we can't grant them the luxury of any turnovers. They are not equipped to play from behind despite what transpired in the Pitt game. I think the loaf has the correct vision above.

And I still believe DC WFT wins their Division and is a threat to whomever in the first playoff Round. Especially Brady or Goff.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm pulling a Joe Namath,Aros and a Wen..
We are going to win this game!I guarantee it.

LTH

Reaction score
OK I have never done this before... I suck at predicting games Im not like Aros... but I am predicting a win and not just a win but a statement game... They REALLY need a statement game here.. conventional thinking would say thats a tall order but Ive NEVER been conventional so I believe in Pete and this team will be ready to play... no question in my mind... SO I GUARENTEE a WIN on Sunday...

LTH

Latest posts