Who is your MVP so far?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
kearly":a6ebi001 said:
And we also learned that a lot of media members aren't really that smart.

Andrew Luck will get more votes than Russell Wilson.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Brady/Newton/Palmer.

I think those are the only guys in the race.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2j3td75d said:
Cam Fig Newton and it is not even close.

Awesome. I always love just is statements. Enhances the conversation and let's the dummies know what's real going on.

HawkGA

Reaction score
If the Panthers go 16-0, I think it would be a crime not to give it to Cam. I still think it is ridiculous that Seattle has gone to back-to-back Super Bowls with no MVPs and no Coach of the Year and no General Manager of the year (did Sherm win DPOY?, I think he did).

But if the Panthers stumble, I think the race opens up a bit more. But with Brady falling, I don't think anybody else has enough juice to beat him out. It won't be Dalton. Palmer will get comeback player of the year. That will be his consolation prize.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
kearly":369zf83x said:
Remember when Wilson caught fire late in 2012 and by the end of the year he seemed to be the evident RoY? But did Wilson win the RoY award? Nope. But surely he got 2nd place? Nope. Wilson finished THIRD in RoY voting.

We learned that year that most of the media do their voting for season awards about a month before the regular season ends, so basically, right about now. And we also learned that a lot of media members aren't really that smart.

And if the voting happened today, by media members who are obsessed with storylines, then the winner would be Cam in a landslide. Though I think by the end of the season, Wilson could be the guy people say deserved it more in retrospect. If Wilson continues his tear he's going to finish the year #1 in passer rating with a solid margin to spare.

Hard to begrudge Cam though. His wide receivers are the worst in the league, but he keeps finding a way to win each week.

If Wilson balls out and averages the same stats he has the last 3 games...man..it would be hard to not give it to him

329/466 70% completion 4169 yards 35TD/7INT 117 QB rating
116 rushes 576 yards 2TD

That QB rating would be #5 all time in a single season

Would also be without Lynch for basically the whole year and Graham out for almost half a year.

Also helping the team go from 2-4 and going 9-1 to finish off with 11 wins would be pretty impressive

I think it will proabbly go to Cam though

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Smellyman":25twtpk1 said:
Palmer over Cam for me.

and it's not close.

Palmer gets hurt and Cards fall apart. Cam doesn't play and Derek Anderson still wins.

Not a chance. Both teams would suck.

Cam wins going away right now. Palmer is having a great year but he has so many more weapons than Cam.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If they held the voting today. I would guess Cam gets about 90% of the first place votes. It is a landslide this year. If Carolina goes 16-0 why even vote, just give it to him.

And for the guy who said Palmer over Cam. Here's what I have to say. Palmer has top 5 weapons around him. He's got a rejuvinated future HOF'er in Fitzgerald, and two other really good WR's in Jon Brown and Michael Floyd. Then add in all the great RB's (Ellington, CJ2K, David Johnson). Whereas Cam basically has Greg Olsen and a good RB in Jonathan Stewart. Tedd Ginn would be most teams #4 WR. Funchess is still a rookie and Jericho Cotchery is just old. Panthers are one of maybe three teams that have a weaker WR core than us.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":fp4dv9c9 said:
If they held the voting today. I would guess Cam gets about 90% of the first place votes. It is a landslide this year. If Carolina goes 16-0 why even vote, just give it to him.

And for the guy who said Palmer over Cam. Here's what I have to say. Palmer has top 5 weapons around him. He's got a rejuvinated future HOF'er in Fitzgerald, and two other really good WR's in Jon Brown and Michael Floyd. Then add in all the great RB's (Ellington, CJ2K, David Johnson). Whereas Cam basically has Greg Olsen and a good RB in Jonathan Stewart. Tedd Ginn would be most teams #4 WR. Funchess is still a rookie and Jericho Cotchery is just old. Panthers are one of maybe three teams that have a weaker WR core than us.

You make a good argument here but I'm not buying into Cam is basically on his own and Palmer has all these weapons (many others are saying this as well). Cam's team is fourth in team rushing. This is a big deal when it comes to their style of play. We should know it's how we play. Also if Ginn would catch the damn ball he could be a top receiver. His route running and separation has been ridiculous this season ( it's more than just his speed).

In respect to the record Carolina has, it helps having a 4th in total defense defense as well. Im not saying your totally wrong, I just think other QBs are having just as good as a season as he is and with a level playing field.

ARhawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2o0q70y6 said:
kearly":2o0q70y6 said:
And we also learned that a lot of media members aren't really that smart.

Andrew Luck will get more votes than Russell Wilson.
I wouldn't be surprised if some idiot votes for Romo because of how bad the Cowboys have been without him

ctrcat

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":203pbazm said:
Hawk-Lock":203pbazm said:

You make a good argument here but I'm not buying into Cam is basically on his own and Palmer has all these weapons (many others are saying this as well). Cam's team is fourth in team rushing. This is a big deal when it comes to their style of play. We should know it's how we play. Also if Ginn would catch the damn ball he could be a top receiver. His route running and separation has been ridiculous this season ( it's more than just his speed).

In respect to the record Carolina has, it helps having a 4th in total defense defense as well. Im not saying your totally wrong, I just think other QBs are having just as good as a season as he is and with a level playing field.

Fwiw the Panthers have a good chance at being the highest scoring offense in football. Currently they have scored only 9 less points than the Cards and 2 less than the Pats (having missed 3 XPAs to NE's 0). When healthy, Turner, Kalil, and Norwell may be the best interior line in football, but Kalil and Norwell have missed games. 2012 2nd round pick OG Silatolu is out for the year and WRs Cotchery and Brown, as well as stud rookie RT Williams, missed multiple games.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Ginn is probably the worst "WR1" in football, and the receivers behind him are NOT NFL starters. Ginn's drops alone have probably cost Cam 5-10 points in passer rating. Olsen is the only guy he's got who can make plays for him with any consistency.

Cam's just been getting it done without regard to his efficiency numbers, which I can respect. I don't think he'd be the best player on any team, but on this particular team (with its utter lack of weapons), he may be the only guy who could have them at 12-0.

On a team loaded with weapons, give me a healthy Palmer. And if I'm being honest, Palmer's been more consistently flawless. However, the supporting cast argument always comes into play. Palmer's working with either the best or second best group of weapons in football (either ARI or CIN wins). That detracts a bit from what he's accomplished relative to Cam or even Brady, who are making it work with much less.

Smellyman

Reaction score
29 takeaways by the Panther D and 5 defensive touchdowns helps scoring A LOT.

Rob12

Reaction score
Smellyman":1ddjrmti said:
Rob12":1ddjrmti said:
Smellyman":1ddjrmti said:
Cam doesn't play and Derek Anderson still wins.

Uh, no. No, they don't.

Anderson was 2-0 last year. Cards couldn't win w/o Palmer, who has better stats than Cam, Carolina won w/o Cam.

Just the facts man

That was last year and that's too small a sample size. Do you think Derek Anderson is bringing them back in the Clink, or winning a shoot out against the Saints with their receivers if Anderson was at the helm?

I'm not a big fan of Cam Newton. But at 12-0, and doing what he has done with his group of receivers, I don't see how he doesn't win.

Rob12

Reaction score
ctrcat":2akrh64g said:
seahawkfreak":2akrh64g said:
Hawk-Lock":2akrh64g said:

Fwiw the Panthers have a good chance at being the highest scoring offense in football. Currently they have scored only 9 less points than the Cards and 2 less than the Pats (having missed 3 XPAs to NE's 0). When healthy, Turner, Kalil, and Norwell may be the best interior line in football, but Kalil and Norwell have missed games. 2012 2nd round pick OG Silatolu is out for the year and WRs Cotchery and Brown, as well as stud rookie RT Williams, missed multiple games.

This is a great point. Cam's receivers are aging retreads, with a very good but not great running back, and a top five TE... And Carolina routinely is putting up 30+ a week.

That's impressive.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Rob12":3lmrf7or said:
Smellyman":3lmrf7or said:
Rob12":3lmrf7or said:
Smellyman":3lmrf7or said:
Cam doesn't play and Derek Anderson still wins.

Uh, no. No, they don't.

Anderson was 2-0 last year. Cards couldn't win w/o Palmer, who has better stats than Cam, Carolina won w/o Cam.

Just the facts man

That was last year and that's too small a sample size. Do you think Derek Anderson is bringing them back in the Clink, or winning a shoot out against the Saints with their receivers if Anderson was at the helm?

I'm not a big fan of Cam Newton. But at 12-0, and doing what he has done with his group of receivers, I don't see how he doesn't win.

Probably not, they may be 11-1 now.

I can't and won't buy the Cam hype. I KNOW what the Cards look like w/o Palmer and I have seen a couple of games w/o Cam. There is no comparison iny my mind who is more VALUABLE. People are getting to mesmerized by the undefeated. 16-0 and we can talk, but 10-2 isn't too shabby and very close to 12-0 too.

Cam Newton might not even be a top 10 qb this season.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":5utfb3he said:
Hawk-Lock":5utfb3he said:

Well a big reason why Carolina has those great rushing numbers is because Cam is responsible for 476 yards and 7 TD's on the ground. And a big reason why Steweart is able to get the holes he does is because the defense has to respect Cam keeping the ball and running it himself. Similar to how RW helps out Lynch/Rawls.

And in response to the guy who said that Carolina won with Derek Anderson, whereas AZ wasn't able to win when Palmer went down, my response is this. Derek Anderson is a very capable backup QB. AZ was actually doing well with Stanton, it was when Stanton went down and they had to turn to Lindley as their QB when they struggled. If Carolina had to go to there 3rd string QB I doubt they'd be winning many games either.

Cam is the MVP and deserves it.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Russell Wilson for MVP!

Passing
PLAYER COMP ATT PCT YDS YDS/A LONG TD INT SACK RATE
Russell Wilson, 241 352 68.5 2997 8.51 80 21 7 38 106.2

Cam Newton, 218 373 58.4 2797 7.5 59 25 10 22 93.2

Rushing
PLAYER ATT YDS YDS/A LONG 20 TD YDS/G FUM 1DN
Russell Wilson, 86 450 5.2 24 2 1 37.5 3 25

Cam Newton, 108 476 4.4 30 2 7 39.7 3 41​

What a mess, but you get the idea.

Cartire

Reaction score
Riveria is getting COY and
Cam is getting MVP

It just sucks that the best coach and GM for the last 3 years wont go home EVER with an award because they were never a comeback story.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Might as well call it the QB of the year award.

I like Palmer. He is just damn fun to watch this year.

Latest posts