Who is your "pet" AFC team this year? Mine's the Raiders....

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Browns. As per usual. I'm probably naïve, but I really do think this is the beginning of them getting their poop in a group.

Maulbert

Reaction score
TriCHawk":hge8r4ag said:
Browns. As per usual. I'm probably naïve, but I really do think this is the beginning of them getting their poop in a group.

The Browns are like the Mariners. I'll believe it when I see it, and even then with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Screen Shot 2016 03 25 at 104323 PM

uncle fester

Reaction score
Raiders and Browns for me. Long beyond time both their fortunes turned around, and both showing signs of steady(?) management.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
There are AFC teams I don't like (Patriots, Browns), teams I just don't really have an opinion on (Chargers, Ravens) and some I kinda like (Chiefs, Raiders, Jags) but I don't really have a second team I support.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
rjdriver":38du3dpy said:
Always been the Browns. I'm a glutton for punishment, but I like some of the moves they have made. If anything, it appears they have direction. Even if it's the wrong way, at least it's direction.
The Browns aren't likely to amount to much, but you hit the nail on the head with direction.

A team can't make random moves and expect to have a good roster, nor can it become good while making "win now" moves with a 5-win roster.

One of the common traits of teams that stay bad is that they never admit how bad they are and spend 2-3 years working on creating a core to build around. Signing an expensive FA may be flashy, but it doesn't turn a bad team into a good one and the cap space value is not good.

The Browns, for once, look like they know they are a few years away from possibly being good enough to get excited about, and want to clean up their books a little bit and start with a young group of players to move forward with.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":1lnh5hdl said:
I root against them every week, but I have to admit the Steelers and Patriots are very fun to watch.

In terms of sentimental value, probably the Bills or Jets since their fanbases have suffered for so long. People cite the Browns for being a factory of sadness, but somehow it kind of feels like they deserve it. The Browns have been incompetent for decades, whereas the Jets and Bills feel like they keep drawing the short straw.
Slow your roll there a bit, Kip. The Browns moved to Baltimore and won the Super Bowl, what, one season after moving? They haven't always been terrible and incompetent. :)