Who might be available at #63 and #94

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Any chance PJ Williams falls to the 2nd round. He'd look good in a seahawk uni

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
titan3131":3rhkchcr said:
Wenhawk":3rhkchcr said:
Not sure I want to use our 1st pick on a small school prospect. Using a 4th for McBride makes more sense for us.

This is exactly what we did last year...

No it isn't. There's a big difference between a small D-1 school prospect going against the best athletes from the Pac 12 and a D-2 prospect going against defenses in a conference that might not have a single DB drafted.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":22jtkzta said:
seatownlowdown":22jtkzta said:
oh man... if we were to land phillip dorsett, gameover. with his ability to seperate from defenders and his return ability, our offense would become unstoppable. finishing in the top 3 in dvoa would almost be a certainty and our return game would have life again. i think your sources are severely underrating him... we would most likely have to trade up to around pick #45-50 to nab him :?

You could well be right. But something that I've noticed, whether it's here, other fan forums or mock drafts -- is that we all tend to have our favorites. As such, we generally overvalue them consistently. Last year's Brandon Coleman being an embarrassing and crazy example. But there are always others. Many others. Every year. Tiny Richardson and Cyrus Kouandjio are others. Is this year Devin Funchess and Sammie Coates?

The purpose of this exercise, was merely to give a more macro level view of expected talent relative to picks. Most often times, we love more than one player for a single pick. But generally, we have favorites. And we think our favorites should be everyone else's favorites too. But that's not how it works. It's easy to forget who else could be in play for that pick. And what if a better player you presume to be gone -- is actually more or less a possibility as an alternative? Is moving up to take Phillip Dorsett at 45-50 worth it, when in so doing whatever team could be pushing Breshad Perriman down to 63 as a result?

We in Seattle are favoring WRs and OL talent this year. It's natural bias. So we're going to overvalue it.

Good post Attyla, and I totally agree. I like to look at things from a larger perspective when it comes to the draft. There is a lot of high end talent to the WR class this year, with anywhere from 5-9 projected picks in the 1st round, and I've seen some mocks projecting 5 of the first 10 picks going WR.

If the draft shakes down that way, those teams that went for a WR high in the 1st won't go WR in the 2nd, looking to fill other needs (presumably you have more needs if you're drafting in the top 10). So typically, if there's a run on a certain position in the 1st round, you don't see a run on the same position in the 2nd round. So if there's a big run on WRs in the 1st, we'll likely see guys like Dorsett fall to the end of the 2nd.

Another fun thing to watch is when teams start to see a run on a certain position, people start panicking and grabbing more of the same. How many times have we seen edge rushers or WRs go 4 or 5 consecutive ?

That's what I love about PC and JS. They don't fight the board, and they don't panic. They might over value certain players for our system, but it's worked so far.

Seafan

Reaction score
I wonder if Jake Fisher falls to 63 and if the Hawks value him. I would not be surprised by an OL in the 2nd.

Throwdown

Reaction score
If Coleman is there you gotta think long n hard about it right? I know we got our RB's set but man..