Who needs a laugh? Time to trade Marshawn??

ZagHawk

Reaction score
There's another article about the Patriots trading Tom Brady to the Texans...I'm sure they find that article even more hilarious than we find this one.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seattle's psychotic boldness with trades has the nation thinking that anything could happen. I guess they're not wrong.

More likely than not, if that were to happen, Pete's presser would explain everything and go "Oh. Okay. I see. Oh well, next man up."

kearly

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3nsgy3y0 said:
Seattle's psychotic boldness with trades has the nation thinking that anything could happen. I guess they're not wrong.

Good point.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I could see it happening if the locker room divide story is true and Lynch is on the wrong side.

byau

Reaction score
HawkGA":21afe7aj said:
I could see it happening if the locker room divide story is true and Lynch is on the wrong side.

Winning takes a lot of hurt out of things
Losing magnifies them

Let's go win some

sutz

Reaction score
The timing here is awesome, given we just traded Harvin so we could get back to our roots, which to Sehawks fans means feeding The Beast. Hey, after the season, I'd say all bets are off, but right now, Marshawn is our identity. No way we move him mid-season.

Idle speculation by someone who really doesn't know much about our team.

mikeak

Reaction score
SonicHawk":odg9lrqy said:
Maelstrom787":odg9lrqy said:
If our plan is to let him go after this season?

Well, we'd better get at least a third and Oliver. I think I might pull the trigger then.

Yeah, Chargers are going to give up Oliver, a young stud and a 3rd round pick for a guy that everyone in the NFL knows will be available in the offseason.

I thought Lynch would be cut next year

I think Lynch will not only stay next year but we will try to extend his contract

jake206

Reaction score
How about we trade Marshawn for Keenan Allen, Antonio Gates and throw in Phillip Rivers just for kicks? No? Oh why not? :sarcasm_off:

HawkWow

Reaction score
Lynch is my favorite football player (just to get that out of the way) and I'd take a 3rd for him in second.

mikeak

Reaction score
I was thinking if Percy Harvin has a great season with the Jets then we could trade straight up for Lynch....

To soon?

irocdave

Reaction score
Lynch isn't going anywhere this year. Trading him would be more than throwing in the towel to this team. Imagine the backlash from the entire D, he seems to hang with the D line more than the offense. He has been the heart and soul of this team and ran hard last Sunday even though some say he wasn't happy with the Harvin trade.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Let's trade Walters and a 3rd for Dez Bryant........

That's how stupid these trade ideas are! ^

HawkWow

Reaction score
irocdave":3b9pa24i said:
Lynch isn't going anywhere this year. Trading him would be more than throwing in the towel to this team. Imagine the backlash from the entire D, he seems to hang with the D line more than the offense. He has been the heart and soul of this team and ran hard last Sunday even though some say he wasn't happy with the Harvin trade.

And therein the problem lies. "Huge backlash". Teams with integrity to not cave to such nonsense. But this team has looked the other way on too much related to (my favorite player) Marshawn Lynch. We also apparently looked the other way on too much Harvin stuff as well. That's not how you run a team and it never has been. Even if it meant losing the rest of this season, you can't lose a locker room and you can't cave to individuals if long term success is your objective.

With the new rookie deal in place, I will say this here, vets had best be on their best behavior going forward and I am certain their agents are reminding them the NFL can stand for Not For Long. If we are going to let the players dictate who comes and who goes, we might as well write this sport off now.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1temxo2j said:
Maelstrom787":1temxo2j said:
If our plan is to let him go after this season?

Well, we'd better get at least a third and Oliver. I think I might pull the trigger then.

Yeah, Chargers are going to give up Oliver, a young stud and a 3rd round pick for a guy that everyone in the NFL knows will be available in the offseason.
Stud? Watch his YPC nosedive when he gets more carries. To early to call him a stud yet. Maurice Morris would be a superstar in 2002-2005 if you want to call Oliver a stud.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3iwnex2r said:
AgentDib":3iwnex2r said:
The reason this article exists is because the Chargers are contenders and could really use a RB. The author looked at all of the star RBs and decided that with Lynch's contract, our other upcoming contracts, and our depth in CMike and Turbin that we would be most willing to part with ours. It's a reasonable thought if you don't follow the team very closely.

He doesn't realize that Lynch's attitude and physicality are just as important for our team as his yardage, and he also sees CMike as a high draft pick but clearly doesn't know much about his struggle to be on our active roster.

Uh, their running stats have been pretty darn good with Branden Oliver, not to mention they are getting Mathews back in a few weeks.

There's nothing weak about their running game.

Chargers are 32nd in the NFL in YPC at 3.0
Chargers are 29th in the NFL in Rushing Yards Per Game with 89.3

Brandon Oliver who I predicted would regress has 12 touches for -3 Yards in this game so far. Also the above 2 stats will be even worse after tonight, congrats on your terrible post. The Chargers would be a 3-13 team without Philip Rivers.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2n03kedc said:
AgentDib":2n03kedc said:
The reason this article exists is because the Chargers are contenders and could really use a RB. The author looked at all of the star RBs and decided that with Lynch's contract, our other upcoming contracts, and our depth in CMike and Turbin that we would be most willing to part with ours. It's a reasonable thought if you don't follow the team very closely.

He doesn't realize that Lynch's attitude and physicality are just as important for our team as his yardage, and he also sees CMike as a high draft pick but clearly doesn't know much about his struggle to be on our active roster.

Uh, their running stats have been pretty darn good with Branden Oliver, not to mention they are getting Mathews back in a few weeks.

There's nothing weak about their running game.
Tied for 31st in YPC
28th in Yards/Game
Tied for 30th in Rushing TDs

Branden "Young Stud" Oliver has a YPC now of an amazing 3.6, with his most recent game having 3 rushes for 1 Yard. Please respond SonicHawk. 8)

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I hope Lynch is a Hawk until he day he hangs em up but no one knows when that might be. The man is an enigma. Know one really knows him. Yesterday I was caught off guard by a photo posted to facebook of Beastmode with Russell Wilson and Cooper Helfet at Justin Britt's daughters two year old birthday party.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Lynch will be here next year, unless he doesn't want to. He's to valuable to our success for the team to just cut him after the season.