Who's Got It Better Then Us? <3 John Schneider

bestfightstory

Reaction score
drdiags":2tb3xblu said:
-The Glove-":2tb3xblu said:
Tech Worlds":2tb3xblu said:
Can we please stop referring to the 49ers all the time? Lets just worry about ourselves and who cares about what they do. This obsession this board has with that team is strange and makes us look like wannabees.
I agree Tech...and I explained it in the other Niners thread. Too many fans are playing the little brother role

Definitely agree with both posts. Smacks of an inferiority complex but it isn't just some fans on this forum. Our local mediots are just as guilty.

Some people enjoy the rivalry. Who cares?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2rre2uun said:
Ninerguy":2rre2uun said:
I do love how you all are signing the Niners demise...You have a good team, So are the Niners. Leave the on paper, we are the best team ever crap to the Eagle, Bear and Lion fans.
It all happens on the field and next season, not on paper, will be very interesting...but...nobody has it better than us(Niners) :0190l:

The niners will still be good, no question.

But at this point they have not improved at all.

QB depth is weakened, starting safety gone, solid NT gone.

The only guy added is Boldin who is great, but really is a copy of what Crabtree does for you and he is getting older.

Niners are a good team, but they have some work to do to be better than they were last year.

Bolden is so overrated it's not even funny. The national media are acting like he's a WR in his prime. When in fact he's been in relative obscurity in Baltimore over the last few years(In interest of full disclosure I really like Bolden). The fact is he's not fast, he's physical, but so is Seattle's secondary. His legendary play this postseason shouldn't blind people to these facts. SF then loses their #2 QB, 2 DLmen a starting Safety. How can anyone say they are getting better? But there you have guys like Warren Sapp yesterday on total access saying the "rich getting richer " for SF.

Don't get it.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3gxy8gka said:
HawkFan72":3gxy8gka said:
Ninerguy":3gxy8gka said:
I do love how you all are signing the Niners demise...You have a good team, So are the Niners. Leave the on paper, we are the best team ever crap to the Eagle, Bear and Lion fans.
It all happens on the field and next season, not on paper, will be very interesting...but...nobody has it better than us(Niners) :0190l:

The niners will still be good, no question.

But at this point they have not improved at all.

QB depth is weakened, starting safety gone, solid NT gone.

The only guy added is Boldin who is great, but really is a copy of what Crabtree does for you and he is getting older.

Niners are a good team, but they have some work to do to be better than they were last year.

Bolden is so overrated it's not even funny. The national media are acting like he's a WR in his prime. When in fact he's been in relative obscurity in Baltimore over the last few years(In interest of full disclosure I really like Bolden). The fact is he's not fast, he's physical, but so is Seattle's secondary. His legendary play this postseason shouldn't blind people to these facts. SF then loses their #2 QB, 2 DLmen a starting Safety. How can anyone say they are getting better? But there you have guys like Warren Sapp yesterday on total access saying the "rich getting richer " for SF.

Don't get it.

Boldin will NEVER get open against our secondary. That will be fun to watch.

drdiags

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2h40f79i said:
Some people enjoy the rivalry. Who cares?

Just noting a trend. More than just enjoying a rivalry. There were not this many attempts to tie Seahawks news to the Rams when that was the rivalry of the day. The behavior is what it is but it still seems like we are stalkers in this matter.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm going to love watching the Niners and Hawks games actually. I do think we got better on paper, but like Ninerguy said, let's see how it translates to the field.

If we just get the same production out of Avril and Harvin that they had last year, we've improved a ton. I'm expecting Harvin to actually be better, and Pete should be able to get more out of Avril, but until then, we won't know how they mesh on the field.

Looking at the matchups, they got worse signing Dorsey and losing Sopoaga, while Boldin is a good physical receiver, but he lacks the quickness and speed to get away from Browner, and Browner is a TON more physical than Boldin, which is saying a LOT. Browner will erase Boldin in these matchups, like he's done to so many other WRs.