Whose Renewing Tickets?

mikeak

Reaction score
Is this the Seattle front office trying to figure out how much they can increase pricing

Then of course not renewing!!!

(of course I am but don't raiser prices please :))

xStickybudz

Reaction score
If you don't wanna re new I have money in hand for you :) just will them over this way.

And to be quite frank if he isn't happy with a 10 win season and since we haven't won a title in 3 years. That is the absolute definition of fair weather fan.

nrayorr

Reaction score
Hawker8989":34dxvuvt said:
Hawkstorian":34dxvuvt said:
No one can tell anyone else how to spend their money. People can label you a "fairweather" or whatever but in the end he's the one who has to shell out the dough .. and frankly even if you can sell tickets over face value it's a pain in the ass.

For him, prices have gotten too high. The Seahawks may think fans will buy whatever they are selling. One has to go back only 15 years to realize Seattle fans won't support a loser.

Not all Seahawk fans. I've been a Hawks fans since the beginning, but only a STH for three years and that's only because of being an army brat and then serving myself all over the place. Once I left the army I then had to wait close to 5 years before I got mine and there is no way that I'm giving them up as long as I'm living that is. If they go 0-16 I am STILL gonna renew.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Renewing. Personally, I sold couple of games well over face when I was unable to go. Not really that difficult.

I don't begrudge him if he's not willing to go just because they didn't win all 8 home games. But goodness, they won 7 of 8 at home, and some were really excitingly so. And...injuries. Jeez.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":39d57hk8 said:
Are you a STH who is considering not renewing?

We renewed when Ken Behing was the owner and the team was 2-14. I think we can stomach only winning 10 games.

I renewed through the 90's, then when they moved to Husky stadium and jacked the prices again and also put me in the top corner of the stadium a gave them up. Starting a family and being able to watch every week on TV were factors. If they ever stop selling out every week and I can't watch on TV I will look at getting season tickets again. Otherwise I will stick with swearing at the TV from the comfort of my family room and buying tickets to a single game every year or two.

drcool

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3u1q8im9 said:
Hawker8989":3u1q8im9 said:
B) He can't sell them over face value.
What?! Tons of people are profiting off of their season tickets, putting all but a couple premier match-up tickets for sale every year because they can make so much money off of them. I regularly have to pay a 300% markup on 100-level tickets when I want to go to a game.

Maybe the worst seats in the place don't sell for more than face value, I'm not sure because I don't look to buy those. Anybody know for sure? I've heard people say they make a profit off of selling their own nosebleed section tickets on occasion, though...

I have seats in the Hawks Nest. Face value is around $50 and I probably averaged around $200 per ticket selling them on NFL Ticket Exchange. Early in the season they were closer to $300 and later in the season closer to $100. But I have never had a problem at least getting double face value for them the past few years.

I have had season tickets since 2000 and a job moved me to Florida 4 years ago. I still keep my season tickets (and always will) with the hope I will move back to the Northwest sometime soon. I love my seats and would never want to give them up. And selling the tickets earns me enough to travel to a game or two a year.

hawksmode

Reaction score
Renewing for sure...

I actually would bet they do not go up this year...and if they do, I will still buy them.

I have six tix and I do sell from time to time on ticketexchange. I have pretty much paid for 2 of the seats free and clear with what I have made. I would MUCH rather go with friends, but it is amazing how many cannot go once it comes down to actually going...especially since they are no longer the "it" team and the stadium is 50% corporate people that could care less about the game. I do not get them t make money...but I do...

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Absolutely renewing. And going to all the games despite driving 3 hrs there and back every game.
Love the team and the stadium experience.

Not renewing because the team is regressing from a championship team to a championship contender is the most fair weather thing I've heard. We won 7 of 8 games at home and a playoff game. How much more fun than that can you get?

devo2478

Reaction score
Couple things here....

I LOL at the guy that sent in 110% because he is "traveling" and was eager to pay. You know everything is done online now so whether you are traveling or not, you will have access to your email and renewal notice wherever you are. There is no incentive to pay in full so why wouldnt you always do the 4 pay option?

Secondly for those that are asking, tickets are not willable or transferable unfortunately. The only ones that are, are charter seats(PSLs) Everything else is either renewed by the owner or turned back into the team. HTH

Cedarmeter

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":35z5wv1j said:
Hawker8989":35z5wv1j said:
B) He can't sell them over face value.
What?! Tons of people are profiting off of their season tickets, putting all but a couple premier match-up tickets for sale every year because they can make so much money off of them. I regularly have to pay a 300% markup on 100-level tickets when I want to go to a game.

Maybe the worst seats in the place don't sell for more than face value, I'm not sure because I don't look to buy those. Anybody know for sure? I've heard people say they make a profit off of selling their own nosebleed section tickets on occasion, though...

I have the worst seats at the Clink and I can sell half of the games for double the price I pay for them. The other half my markup is usually 50 to 60% I live in Canada (Calgary) so I only attend around three to four games a year. Last year I broke even. I didn't pay a dime for my season tickets. In fact I might have even made an extra 200.00

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Charter seat (PSL) holder here, and pretty much over a barrel, I'll renew, of course.

I've been through some wretchedly bad Seahawks seasons, and while it's hard to watch the current team sometimes (because they underperform their talent), there are always reasons to watch...

I think the only reason I wouldn't renew would be health, or extreme financial hardship.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Cedarmeter":1feawgl0 said:
I have the worst seats at the Clink and I can sell half of the games for double the price I pay for them. The other half my markup is usually 50 to 60% I live in Canada (Calgary) so I only attend around three to four games a year. Last year I broke even. I didn't pay a dime for my season tickets. In fact I might have even made an extra 200.00
That's what I figured. The uncle is a moron, lol.

Josea16

Reaction score
xStickybudz":3370p767 said:
If you don't wanna re new I have money in hand for you :) just will them over this way.

And to be quite frank if he isn't happy with a 10 win season and since we haven't won a title in 3 years. That is the absolute definition of fair weather fan.
So because you have money and would probably sell his seats at ripoff prices he's a fairweather fan? Remember he doesn't have the amount of money you do to prove you're a "real" fan. In real life it really is all about the money. Stop thinking everyone is you or has the money you have. I sure wouldn't buy season tickets if the last two years are the new black. I don't have that kind of money to waste if I can get a better experience at home just like the OP. Problem is I'm pretty much convinced 10-6, win a hollow division title and get your butt kicked by actual contenders is the new black. Unlike New England which wins a hollow division title years running and STILL beats all comers the majority of the time for 16 years?

We can't even dominate our division at this point, both the Cardinals and Rams beat us down by being better then us at what is supposed to be what defines the Seahawks and their core philosophy. The Cardinals and Rams. What's next? An average OC turned coach like little Shanahan? Check his playcalling out BEFORE he landed in Atlanta. Quite Bevell like even.

Just realize you belong in the 1% of Seahawk fans and enjoy. Don't belittle us that are in the 99%.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Josea16":3frpurb7 said:
I sure wouldn't buy season tickets if the last two years are the new black. I don't have that kind of money to waste if I can get a better experience at home
I think you're under a serious misconception here. Ticket holders in down years are not simply people with so much disposable income that they don't care about "wasting" their money. If anything, the mean disposable income in the stadium is probably lower as prices are suppressed on the secondary market when the team is less successful. The fanatics who support the team through adversity are the reason why fair-weather fans have a team to root for in the first place when they see that things are going well.

It's about commitment, not money, and any criticism from this thread has only ever been about the suggestion that the Seahawks have "regressed lately" and thus should receive less support. Support can come in any form and drummed up outrage about disposable income is misleading.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Josea16":1kq1g828 said:
xStickybudz":1kq1g828 said:

So because you have money and would probably sell his seats at ripoff prices he's a fairweather fan? Remember he doesn't have the amount of money you do to prove you're a "real" fan. In real life it really is all about the money. Stop thinking everyone is you or has the money you have. I sure wouldn't buy season tickets if the last two years are the new black. I don't have that kind of money to waste if I can get a better experience at home just like the OP. Problem is I'm pretty much convinced 10-6, win a hollow division title and get your butt kicked by actual contenders is the new black. Unlike New England which wins a hollow division title years running and STILL beats all comers the majority of the time for 16 years?

We can't even dominate our division at this point, both the Cardinals and Rams beat us down by being better then us at what is supposed to be what defines the Seahawks and their core philosophy. The Cardinals and Rams. What's next? An average OC turned coach like little Shanahan? Check his playcalling out BEFORE he landed in Atlanta. Quite Bevell like even.

Just realize you belong in the 1% of Seahawk fans and enjoy. Don't belittle us that are in the 99%.

SO the only team worth cheering for is the Patriots? Talk about a frontrunner. It's fans like you that give Seattle 12's a bad name.

I mean really. Where were you and your uncle in the fore-shortened Jim Mora era? The early and late Holmgren era? The pre-Wilson Carroll era? Those were all considerably worse teams than the current team and yet still the stadium was full.

Used to be said about the 12's: "Other team's fans come to watch their teams play, Seahawks fans come to work." There is only one sport where the fan's voice can influence games. If you aren't contributing to the success of the team and only showing up for championship windows then I don't consider you a "real fan". Yes I drew that line in the sand. But everyone of us that shows up Sunday after Sunday to lend our voices to the cause have no respect for frontrunner types that denigrate the team when it isn't the top contender in the league. Only Patriot fans have it better than us currently and their window is closing faster than ours.

Latest posts