Why did Chip Kelly trade Nick Foles?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
jake206":2idy5dcr said:
Hasselbeck":2idy5dcr said:
Because Foles is actually not that good. We just made him look a lot better than he is yesterday
As much as I'd like to agree with you, I can't. Foles is a decent QB, particularly in Chip's system and now in Cignetti's offense. Why Eagles traded him, when they were exceedingly productive with him last year is astounding? He makes sound decisions, makes good throws. During the yesterday game, I don't think Bradford would have been able to take advantage of the mistakes we made. The good QBs do. Gotta tip your cap to him.

Think you got your years crossed.. in 2013 he had a good year, in 2014 he was pretty average. There's a reason Chip was happy to let him go.

The Seahawk defense was just terrible yesterday. Foles will come back to Earth very soon.

olyfan63

Reaction score
It was clear to see the Rams team rallying around Foles' leadership in the Rams win over us.
It will take a half dozen or so games to really know who got the better of the trade. I was shocked at the price Philly paid, though.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
Foles was on in week 1 and off in week 2. Two games isn't a big enough sample size for me. We are not even close to the mid-way point so obviously this trade can't be graded accurately just yet. We'll see how the Rams offense looks on the dome turf today. They played much faster in week one than week 2.

As for Sam, IDK. I don't think he beats SEA week 1, for sure. He might have best WAS, though. I'm reserving judgement.