Why did they wait a week to fire the coaches?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pmedic920":6r88y5gi said:
but I would guess some deliberation needed to take place, and possibly they wanted to let them explore other opportunities without having a dismissal on their record..

This.

Most times, especially with a HC and GM like Carroll and Schneider, they allow their coaches and assistants to try and find other jobs first.................so they don't have the stink of death that comes with being fired.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I don't think Pete wanted to make wholesale changes until the JS situation came up. JS must has asked for more autonomy and changes to the structure for him to continue here or he would go over to GB. That must have made Pete realize a good GM is more critical to the organization rather than coaches that can be replaced. This is purely my speculation, but the sequence of events as it played out made me feel that way.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
I agree that this happened after John S. was blocked from the Green Bay job. I think there was division between John and Pete on changing the coaching staff and John pushed the Ante up when the Green Bay job opened up. I trust in John more than Pete when it comes to personnel decisions. Pete is a great coach, but I never liked putting him in charge of everything. I bet Pete is also responsible for the wasted draft pick of Malik McDowell.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":3m8tdd8v said:
They went and did a season evaluation and broke it down, compared it to past seasons and had a trend identified, associated that trend to the responsible parties, probably had a year in review meeting and yes Paul may have been there, once the findings were reported were asked what needed to be done to correct the issue. We run this like a business and I am sure that it was not just the product on the field that was evaluated, Marketing and any other aspects Food etc.

This all takes time to assemble.

What High Tech people do. Crunch numbers, identify trends find reasons why they were successful or not and why.

I am in this boat. I just hope it does not sink....too deep.

Barthawk

Reaction score
seabowl":1865k9b2 said:
I'm just curious why they waited a week+ to fire Bevell, Cable etc... and not have done it right away to have more of a field of candidates to choose from? Another head scratcher for me as I cant believe that they didn't know they were cleaning house right after the last game.

To piss off you and the other armchair GMs around the US.

2_0_6

Reaction score
seahawks08":3vga5xvs said:
I don't think Pete wanted to make wholesale changes until the JS situation came up. JS must has asked for more autonomy and changes to the structure for him to continue here or he would go over to GB. That must have made Pete realize a good GM is more critical to the organization rather than coaches that can be replaced. This is purely my speculation, but the sequence of events as it played out made me feel that way.

This is my thought also.

JS: Pete we need to let go of Cable and Bev
PC: No bro, were good, things are headed the right way.
JS: Green Bay wants to fly me out for an interview
PC: Who do you want gone?

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Barthawk":yu4rqvn8 said:
seabowl":yu4rqvn8 said:
I'm just curious why they waited a week+ to fire Bevell, Cable etc... and not have done it right away to have more of a field of candidates to choose from? Another head scratcher for me as I cant believe that they didn't know they were cleaning house right after the last game.

Yeah this is the same armchair GM that has been calling for Bevells and to a lesser extent Cables release for two years+. Look no matter what anyone says we all (teams, coaches and fans) watch the SAME games and have an opinion on what we see. I hated for the most part the play calling and OL scheme/plan and have bee very vocal about it. As I said in another thread sometimes the fans from a higher view see as much if not more.

In this case I just don't understand why they waited for over a week when it IMO should have been clear right after the
last game that they were letting these guys go. You've had years of tape so why wait and cost yourselves possible candidates to fill their roles?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
seabowl":2m3mtpye said:
Barthawk":2m3mtpye said:
seabowl":2m3mtpye said:

Yeah this is the same armchair GM that has been calling for Bevells and to a lesser extent Cables release for two years+. Look no matter what anyone says we all (teams, coaches and fans) watch the SAME games and have an opinion on what we see. I hated for the most part the play calling and OL scheme/plan and have bee very vocal about it. As I said in another thread sometimes the fans from a higher view see as much if not more.

In this case I just don't understand why they waited for over a week when it IMO should have been clear right after the
last game that they were letting these guys go. You've had years of tape so why wait and cost yourselves possible candidates to fill their roles?

Some good and logical possibilities have been stated. Do they not satisfy you?

If they're true, and still don't satisfy you, well... :177692:

AlbaHawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":exlccqyi said:
seahawks08":exlccqyi said:

This is my thought also.

That sounds about right! :eek:verhead_clap:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hawk_Nation":4avf8kym said:
seahawks08":4avf8kym said:

This is my thought also.

Could well have had a lot to do with it, I think, but, and I may be in the minority here... I don't think it was all that slow. A week isn't a long time to spend hammering out important details like who's gonna run your franchise.