Why did we draft Pocic?

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawkfish":2rgia8pe said:
Anyone else hoping Pocic takes this chance and runs with it?

Not only am I hoping he does, I also hope he gets the 2nd half reps because of reasons I stated above. Even then I still have my doubts Cable will back the guy and stick with him.

Personally I think Cable will put him in there in the 1st half to put him at the disadvantage of zombie play calling and no adjustments to the D.

hawk45

Reaction score
Seymour":pnx7i70i said:
Hawkfish":pnx7i70i said:

Not only am I hoping he does, I also hope he gets the 2nd half reps because of reasons I stated above. Even then I still have my doubts Cable will back the guy and stick with him.

Personally I think Cable will put him in there in the 1st half to put him at the disadvantage of zombie play calling and no adjustments to the D.

I think we'll still be able to evaluate him a bit even if the offense isn't marching when he's in there. We can see when a guy is whiffing his run blocks or getting driven back into the QB.

It's a tough draw having to play next to Odhiambo though. He kind of has to be polished enough for the both of them. My hope is that since he still has knees that will help offset his relative lack of experience compared to Joeckel.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawk45":g9rl90p9 said:
Seymour":g9rl90p9 said:
Hawkfish":g9rl90p9 said:

I think we'll still be able to evaluate him a bit even if the offense isn't marching when he's in there. We can see when a guy is whiffing his run blocks or getting driven back into the QB.

It's a tough draw having to play next to Odhiambo though. He kind of has to be polished enough for the both of them. My hope is that since he still has knees that will help offset his relative lack of experience compared to Joeckel.

True, the Odi factor doesn't help. Ya, we should be able to evaluate, but the lack of drives and repetition doesn't help the player or evaluation. Especially since we have an oline group that fails to evaluate very well given the history there.

Agree, yes I hope Pocic brings his knees with him....all 3 of them, and his brass balls. :mrgreen: