WHY is the Hawks Packers game on early at noon !!!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I actually prefer the earlier start. I will have more time recover for monday

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Yeah, it took me a few hours to get my voice back Saturday. I'll take the time.

mikeak

Reaction score
Ruminator":1w83xa4o said:
hawkporvida":1w83xa4o said:
How the hell does the NFL have the hawks and packers at noon and the patriots colts game at 3pm .... that is absolutely ridiculous .... Any thoughts ??

Look at it this way -- Hawks will be about 3.5 hours fresher than the AFC team when it's time to play the big game in Glendale.

Actually more important it will be 3.5 hours less rest for the GB team that played a day later than Seattle as it was

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cartire":2qeih18k said:
I get the swap, I have no idea why it cant be on at 1 though like any other sunday game, and then the AFC game on at 5:30 like any other sunday night game.

My guess is this would all have to be negotiated with the networks.

NBC owns the rights to SNF, so if another network wanted to use that time slot they'd have to get approval maybe?

CBS and Fox have the rights to their own conference championships, so it has to be during the regular time periods of Sunday football..........and they take turns early/late.

That's the only thing I can think of, cause if Fox and CBS had their choice they'd obviously want primetime games for more viewers and thus ad revenue.

Larry0293

Reaction score
Had to change my plane tix to make the game. Cost me an extra $125. ((. But I'm a comin!!!

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Pete Carroll mention that they negotiated for that time slot. They wanted it to start at 12:00pm for the 12s. It's about to go down!

staga206

Reaction score
Pete said in his interview today that they wanted the 12:00 o'clock start time for the 12's.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1m6i5cp4 said:
Pete Carroll mention that they negotiated for that time slot. They wanted it to start at 12:00pm for the 12s. It's about to go down!

Serious?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":h0dbrhaf said:

Soooo...Kickoff is at 12:12??? he he he :stirthepot:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hasselbeck":syhyzuc0 said:
netskier":syhyzuc0 said:
Why not honor both the NFC and the AFC with primetime games on Saturday and Sunday, and swap days each year?

Terrible idea, one team would be playing on a short week.. The other wouldn't.

This is the first time a game has been played with a noon kickoff in Seattle. Not worth changing the whole system over.

Why would that be a terrible idea? The difference between 14 days and 13 days is hardly noticeable. It's not like playing on a Sunday and then the following Saturday or even Thursday. There's plenty of time to recover and scheme for the game, especially in light of the fact the players get a day or so off between.

That would work out in everyone's favor, fans, players, and the league. Besides, it'd give everyone an extra day of football rather than cramming both games into one day.

Cartire

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3h9b3mrh said:
Hasselbeck":3h9b3mrh said:
netskier":3h9b3mrh said:
Why not honor both the NFC and the AFC with primetime games on Saturday and Sunday, and swap days each year?

Terrible idea, one team would be playing on a short week.. The other wouldn't.

This is the first time a game has been played with a noon kickoff in Seattle. Not worth changing the whole system over.

Why would that be a terrible idea? The difference between 14 days and 13 days is hardly noticeable. It's not like playing on a Sunday and then the following Saturday or even Thursday. There's plenty of time to recover and scheme for the game, especially in light of the fact the players get a day or so off between.

That would work out in everyone's favor, fans, players, and the league. Besides, it'd give everyone an extra day of football rather than cramming both games into one day.

14 days and 13 days???

Sailor, you hittin the sauce early?