Why is this Elite Jersey so cheap?

OP
OP
T

trapspeed

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3ph2161v said:
Yep. The coloring on the numerals is much lighter blue than the actual coloring on the wolf gray:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Seahawk ... 1280%3B886

Bummer. Wondering why eBay doesn't catch the fakes and cancel the auctions or suspend the sellers.

I'm still questioning it though because it may be due to flash that it is so light. And some of the pictures of Seattle actually wearing them it looks lighter than the one you posted.

jman316

Reaction score
China is cranking out knock-offs faster than anybody can catch or regulate it.

If you're fine with paying less for a lesser-quality jersey, go for it, but there's a reason it's cheap and it's not out of the goodness of the seller's heart.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
There are several other details if you look closely that tells me it's an obvious fake, but its your money. Use the zoom in feature on the link you posted and look at the detail up close. For instance, notice how on one side the stripe leading towards the neck (the ones that have SEAHAWKS on the right and nothing on the left)...one of them goes all the way to the V neck seam and the other stops short by about half an inch. That's shoddy manufacturing.

Also, for the feather pattern inside the numerals...it's a totally different color scheme than the real jersey. The E Bay version has almost sky blue feathers whereas the actual jersey is much more subdued, like here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Seahawk ... B484%3B363

Then of course, there is the eye test - the E Bay one just screams fake.

My advice is to look elsewhere. E Bay is most definitely buyer beware.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
That's one of the phoniest knock offs I've seen. I've been seeing these float around. The pattern on the sleeves is just a triangle too. Just really bad.

I have a blue game jersey, but I plan on getting a wuff gray one at some point. But I'll pay full price before I'd get a cheap knock off. That's just me though.

I guess when they came out with the new unis, they made them a lot harder to counterfeit.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
As others said it's a knock-off..how to spot the fake:

1) Coloring on the numbering is off
2) the numbering itself sticks out too much (i.e. material is too thick)
3) The shoulder stripes (biggest giveaway on Elite knock offs) don't meet at the collar appropriately
- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seattle-Seahawk ... 2c712cc99d - that's how a real elite looks like where the stripe meets the shoulder. Do not trust the photos on nflshop or nike.com or even seahawks.com because they are using stock photos from the first batch of elites where the shoulder stripes were like the current gamedays/limited that don't connect (they fixed it after complaints, and now it looks like the link I sent you)
4) Number size on the back is too small. The the numbering on the backs of the elite usually extend past the box buy an inch or so. or at least take up the entire box.
5) There are NO Wilson Elites in existence that are not custom from Seahawk Shop or Nflshop at this current moment, which run $300, and no one will sell that even used for any less than $200.
6) Sleeves are too long. The elite sleeves are about the length of a T-shirt sleeve, these are like the gameday and limited (where they come close to your elbows when worn)
7) Ventilation too large. - Vented fabric portion of the elite should not be viewable in pictures, or just look like dots, refer to picture in link above

- The fakes are definitely starting to get better, but they're exactly what they are...fakes. Personally I'd rather pay $70 for a legit screen print than a fake elite, actually I did just that (you can get it for $70 when they have those 20% off deals (well a little more than $70).

I wear my jerseys around all the time, at work, blue fridays, at the games, to signing events, travelling, and honestly I would feel embarrassed wearing a cheap fake, but that's just my personal feelings on the subject. Anyway good luck in your decision, at least you know what you're getting. If you want something Sewn for cheaper. I recommend getting the Earl Thomas Limited. Those are legit, and now that they've switched to Thomas III. The Thomas limited have all gone on clearance. :)

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":vgzhx2b2 said:
5) There are NO Wilson Elites in existence that are not custom from Seahawk Shop or Nflshop at this current moment, which run $300, and no one will sell that even used for any less than $200.

The Pro Shops started selling blue Wilson Elite jerseys a couple of weeks ago for $250; I picked one up on Thursday from the Pro Shop on Pike Street and the one at the stadium had them, too. With a 15% season ticket holder discount and sales tax, the total came to around $232. That's pretty much as cheap as they are going to get.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Honestly if you're worried it's fake just pony up have a friend hook you up with sth discount or use the entertainment coupon at Seattle team shop and buy a legit one. That way you know for sure what you're getting :)

Axx

Reaction score
"GO 12H MAN!!!!

You are bidding on a Russell Wilson Nike NFL on field jersey.
This is the the amazing grey jersey
This jersey is brand new never worn, in men's X large (size 48). Name and Numbers are completely sewn this is not the cheap alternative (aka silkscreen).
**I ONLY SHIP IN THE USA PRIORTY MAIL."

If this isn't a dead giveaway then i don't know what is.

Dren

Reaction score
I can't really speak from experience, but isn't ebay one of the places that you DON'T want to get an NFL jersey from?

Reaction score
Dude if you wanna pay for one of the knockoffs get a blue one. How I know ? I got a Richard Sherman knockoff for a gift from my mother in law that didn't know any better. IMO if your a jersey snob like myself you can defiantly tell but to the untrained eye you won't be able to tell at all. The one I got us actually a custom with U MAD BRO on the back, size 60 everything sewn on stitching looks great etc. Don't get the grey one if your leaning towards a knockoff its the hardest to duplicate. But in all honesty if you can afford it go with the Limited Nike for 150. If you want the elite but can't afford go with the knockoff just my 2 cents.

Latest posts