Why might the hawks be better in '14?

brettb3

Reaction score
What I mean is you can never assume the difficulty of a schedule before the season starts. The week 3 bye does suck. Other than that, who knows?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't give too much to the schedule either. Ultimately it never develops into being much different than the others.

The Hawks play the NFCE, The AFCW and the previous year's winners from the North and South.

So we get Green Bay and Carolina
Niners get NOLA and Chicago.

That is fairly even. Everything else is the same. If the Hawks are healthy I love the SF game on a short week. Traveling to Santa Clara is nothing, it is the shortest trip the Hawks take every year. The Hawks love the spotlight, they just bring it in those games that the eyes are on them. It isn't like the Hawks went to SF last year and choked. They can ball with SC.

I just think that the Hawks are truly built to play anybody, anytime and anywhere. In their last 13 road games they are 10-3. In those 3 road losses, playoffs included they lost by a combined 10 points. An average just over 3 points a game, a FG difference.

The core of this team has continuity, guys like Kearse, Willson and Michael are bound to be bigger facets (oh let's not forget Harvin)

What I see is a Hawks team that picks up right where they left off, while other teams start the season with the unproven and questions. I see a team that will win one or two they aren't favored in and that loses one or two they are. A 12-4 team and with a little luck a 13-3 team. There is really no valid reason to think otherwise. I expect the Niners to be right there again, they deserve that credit. But it would not surprise me to see the Hawks win the division again, with a bye week.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Wilson will be a year older
Harvin will be healthy
Michael will added insane speed out of the backfield
Maxwell is the starter
Carpenter is lean and mean
Willson comes into his own this year
Receivers have much to prove as a group
Angry Doug

The entire team has been there, done that. Theyve overcome and learned to win. There will be no panic and no desperation. Just flawless execution on both sides of the ball...

Latest posts