Why Seahawks S Ryan Neal Isn't Playing More Defense

Jville

Reaction score
What was interesting about the Steelers matchup was how Neal was used to give Adams more freedom. When facing the 49ers, Neal was used to allow Adams to play a robber role in cover 1; the defensive strategy for the Steelers allowed Neal’s man coverage ability to let Adams play at defensive end on occasion in a 3-1-7 bandit package and overload front, with Adams on the isolated, one-on-one side.

Here is how Neal’s Sunday Night Football reps turned out—on plays without penalty or away from the goal line (the Seahawks called in a heavy packaged for the Eric Ebron, 23 personnel score which placed Adams, Blair and Neal on the field)........

I value articles that look past the starters to include covering important role players. It helps fill out my understanding and appreciation for personnel groups and contributions from more of the roster and aids in my understanding of how a roster all fits together. Enjoy :biggthumpup:

Why Seahawks S Ryan Neal Isn't Playing More Defense >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/gm-report/why-seahawks-s-ryan-neal-isnt-playing-more-defense[/urltargetblank]

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Very cool and good point! I agree!