Why the Seattle Seahawks will 'win out'

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2o0vd2fr said:
ivotuk":2o0vd2fr said:
It’s been suggested that Carroll treats the first few games almost like pre-season games. While his team are undoubtedly trying to win, he is still experimenting and finding the optimal way to succeed for the second half of the season"

That would explain a lot.

This goes on during games as well. Pete has mentioned in the past that he likes to see what works and what doesn't work, even if it seems ridiculous at the time.

Whenever you see a bogus play, and you're sitting there "wondering what the hell was that about?" Just remember that Pete and Co. are sizing up the opponents and seeing how they react to certain things, to be exposed at a later time during the game (most likely the second half).

I like to think of it along the lines of a feint or a jab. The heavy blow will come later and be calculated and the opponent won't be able to stop it.

seahawksny

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1o7pb2tj said:
MontanaHawk05":1o7pb2tj said:
ivotuk":1o7pb2tj said:
It’s been suggested that Carroll treats the first few games almost like pre-season games. While his team are undoubtedly trying to win, he is still experimenting and finding the optimal way to succeed for the second half of the season"

That would explain a lot.

This goes on during games as well. Pete has mentioned in the past that he likes to see what works and what doesn't work, even if it seems ridiculous at the time.

Whenever you see a bogus play, and you're sitting there "wondering what the hell was that about?" Just remember that Pete and Co. are sizing up the opponents and seeing how they react to certain things, to be exposed at a later time during the game (most likely the second half).

I like to think of it along the lines of a feint or a jab. The heavy blow will come later and be calculated and the opponent won't be able to stop it.

Is this just Petes style?
Were the games in usc like this too?
Where they had tendency to start slow before turning it up in 2nd half? I can't remember. As a husky fan, like most husky fans, we just care that SC loses, so I just remember that they won during his tenure not necessarily how

Zorn76

Reaction score
All things considered, if we end up with just one more loss this year, I'll be ecstatic.