• No training camp.

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Other

Votes: 24 52.2%

• Total voters

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aros":pciu9i2e said:
Not being there for TC did not help but I think his down year was mainly due to a mental blockage. I feel the whole contract situation, how he was perceived, his coming off injury and his focus were all factors, but nothing more important than how I believe he "pulled up" on his explosive, bone-jarring hitting style as both a statement to the front office (if you're not going to pay me what I want for putting my body on the line, I'm not going to put my body on the line) and likely his fear that if he keeps up that style of play, he won't be in the NFL for much longer making a new contract moot.
Precisely ^.
That's why I checked the "Other" button.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":14h0oepj said:
You can't have a god-like season every year. It's just the reality of it. I am not sure why Seahawk fans assume that a human being would play the exact same caliber of football every season. It has never been the case and isn't the case.

JJ Watt was unreal last year but didn't have as a good of a season this year. Are people saying he isn't as good or that he lost a step?

If a player has a magical season...guess what, it is hard to replicate it.
Personally, I think that some players reign it in some when they realize that they've put their health & longevity in jeopardy.
Look at what happened with Kenny Easley, he's a prime example of how a career can be cut $hort by letting it all hang out.
I think that JJ Watt / Kam Chancellor and the like are still quite capable of making the same sensational plays, but to what consequences?

captSE

Reaction score
All of the above. But I chose "other" because when his holdout was ignored, the resulting feeling is "screw it". He showed up but not with the commitment we know he has.

$0.02

chris98251

Reaction score
I think the whole cohesion of the LOB was thrown into the toilet with Cary Williams signing, the guys know who is who in the league and possibly seen the effort he put in and Kam knowing the guys was tapped into camp as he recovered. Just like Harvin Williams seemed to rub guys the wrong way and the money he was paid for his lack of commitment seemed to really be a sticking point with Kam. Once Williams was gone we seen a resurgence in effort from the LOB and the guys seemed to come around to themselves again.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
chris98251":4oqahs8r said:
I think the whole cohesion of the LOB was thrown into the toilet with Cary Williams signing, the guys know who is who in the league and possibly seen the effort he put in and Kam knowing the guys was tapped into camp as he recovered. Just like Harvin Williams seemed to rub guys the wrong way and the money he was paid for his lack of commitment seemed to really be a sticking point with Kam. Once Williams was gone we seen a resurgence in effort from the LOB and the guys seemed to come around to themselves again.
I also think cary getting that contract and kam not getting more money pissed him off. And that resulted in the holdout wich made him play worse. Cary was the problem lol