Your top 5 this season

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I'll try a positive post...who do you think were the 5 best Seahawks this year? Guys who improved or made a difference...in no particular order here are mine...

1. Jason Myers- quietly had an awesome season. 100 percent on fg this year. Probably the team mvp.

2. Micheal Dickson- best punter in the league. Always seems to pin teams deep.

3. Carlos Dunlap- when he came in the defense especially the front 4 started to improve. With a 1st rd bust on the other side getting Dunlap was huge.

4. DK Metcalf- besides a few cases of the dropsies he is no doubt a special talent.

5. Tyler Lockett- continues to be reliable with solid hands. Lost a ton of spotlight to Metcalf but still a great wr.

Honorable Mentions...Jamal Adams- pretty much our only pass rush, but really weak in coverage. DJ Reed- plays hungry and is likely to be the best corner moving fwd.

Who do you got?

LTH

Reaction score
Cyrus12":wk51cmiv said:
I'll try a positive post...who do you think were the 5 best Seahawks this year? Guys who improved or made a difference...in no particular order here are mine...

1. Jason Myers- quietly had an awesome season. 100 percent on fg this year. Probably the team mvp.

3. Carlos Dunlap- when he came in the defense especially the front 4 started to improve. With a 1st rd bust on the other side getting Dunlap was huge.

4. DK Metcalf- besides a few cases of the dropsies he is no doubt a special talent.

5. Tyler Lockett- continues to be reliable with solid hands. Lost a ton of spotlight to Metcalf but still a great wr.

Honorable Mentions...Jamal Adams- pretty much our only pass rush, but really weak in coverage. DJ Reed- plays hungry and is likely to be the best corner moving fwd.

Who do you got?

I think you have to put JS in that top 5 this guy has been terrific...

1.JS
2.Russ
3.Bobby Wagner
4.Dickson
5. Dunlap

there are just to many guys who had a great year

LTH

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
LTH":309mzqg8 said:
Cyrus12":309mzqg8 said:

Who do you got?

I think you have to put JS in that top 5 this guy has been terrific...

1.JS
2.Russ
3.Bobby Wagner
4.Dickson
5. Dunlap
there are just to many guys who had a great year

LTH

John Schneider?

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
1. Myers
2. Dunlap
3. Lockett
4. DK
5. Brooks
HM. Lewis

1. Myers was unbelievable this year. Not many attempts, but he was literally perfect. Why he was ever cut for Seabass in the first place is beyond me.

2. He transformed the defensive unit. He was the missing piece all along, and it was evident the moment he put on the Seattle jersey for the first time.

3. Lockett transformed his game to new heights. He is one of the leagues most dynamic WRs.

4. DK had his problems, but took a huge leap this year. I want to see his attitude and demeanor mature next year. He seems to have some WR divanish to him which is worrisome, though.

5. Brooks showed why the Hawks made the right pick over Queen. Best first round pick by this team in a long, long time.

HM. 3rd round rook starting from day one. He looks to have solidified the position.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
So glad someone put Brooks on there.

If we could just get more Pro Bowl players on the Oline and DLine we'd be set.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
1. Damien Lewis. Hall of fame potential at guard.

2. Diggs and Adams. This safety tandem is nuts. Their chemistry, their timing, their energy. Diggs is an ideal Carroll free safety with range and power, and Adams is a swiss army knife that unlocks the D.

3. Jordyn Brooks. He has it. That's all I can say.

4. Dickson and Myers. Dickson averaged almost 50 yards a punt this season, and Myers was perfect.

5. Dunlap. A masterful trade brings Seattle an excellent (not prototypical... but excellent) Leo to shore up the defensive line.

Honorable mentions:

DJ Reed. A feisty undersized corner who brings speed and energy to the defensive backfield. Hopefully he is never allowed to even think about fielding another punt, though.

LJ Collier. His development into a solid 5T and actually scary interior rusher was awesome. 2 game winning plays this season. He has some serious untapped potential.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
1. Adams (the defense was good having him in the lineup, when he was out not so much)
2. Dunlap (Shot in the arm for the pass rush. They almost doubled last season's overall sack total)
3. DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett (Best WR duo in the NFL)
4. Damien Lewis (will be manning the RG spot many years to come)
5. DJ Reed (What a great find by JS)
HM. Jason Myers (Perfect on FG but not so much on XP but still a good season) and Dickson (Thunderfoot 2.0, Another former Seahawk Herman Weaver was nicknamed "Thunderfoot")

KinesProf

Reaction score
1. DK
2. Duane Brown
3. Poona
4. Adams
5. Damien Lewis

AgentDib

Reaction score
DJ Reed is the clear frontrunner for me if we are also considering value. The fumble was a killer but hopefully that's something he can learn from and put behind him. He looked like our best CB on many occasions this year and he's still under contract next season for just $900k.

Elemas

Reaction score
KinesProf":2sypdoyt said:
1. DK
2. Duane Brown
3. Poona
4. Adams
5. Damien Lewis

Mine to the T.

Honorable mentions: The Reeds, Lockett and our two studs that boot the ball.

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
Gotta give some love to the kicking game. Those guys were on point most of the season. Despite the defensive woes I'd argue KJ and Diggs.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
FearTheBeak":38fx4wwm said:
Gotta give some love to the kicking game. Those guys were on point most of the season. Despite the defensive woes I'd argue KJ and Diggs.
I thought KJ had a big comeback year.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2alr5f5g said:
FearTheBeak":2alr5f5g said:
I thought KJ had a big comeback year.

Totally forgot about KJ. What an absolute stud.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Cyrus12":w23eomx4 said:

Who do you got?
I would say, I agree strongly with this list. My honorable mentions would only ADD Moore. Dude kind of turned it up a notch from last year IMO.

And swain.. for his first play having everyone thinking it was Lockett.

hinton

Reaction score
Great thread

Top 5
1. Duane Brown
2. Dunlap
3. Adams
4. KJ
5. DK
HMs: JS, Myers, Dickson, Reed, Amadi, Neal

Bottom 5:
1. Griffin
2. Flowers
3. Dunbar *
4. Carson *
5. Iupati *
* injuries were a factor, but if these guys played to their potential our team would have been a lot better

KinesProf

Reaction score
Elemas":2dmm539p said:
KinesProf":2dmm539p said:
1. DK
2. Duane Brown
3. Poona
4. Adams
5. Damien Lewis

Mine to the T.

Honorable mentions: The Reeds, Lockett and our two studs that boot the ball.

And if I were to extend it: Bobby, KJ, Brooks, Diggs, Both Reeds, Dunlap, Mone, Shell, Lockett, Barton on kick coverage, K/P.

Being able to list that many guys who should be proud of their seasons tells me that coaching and quarterbacking became season impacting issues.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
It's hard to argue against any of these guys but I only see one mention of Jarran Reed. I think that he deserves some love.

potatohead33

Reaction score
WmHBonney":11vo1egn said:
It's hard to argue against any of these guys but I only see one mention of Jarran Reed. I think that he deserves some love.

Was going to say the same. Also KJ took a while to get mentioned, he had a fantastic season.