Wildcard teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Blitzer88":wr0n1gbx said:
I'm sorry but I am taking this seriously and am not just trying to be pessimistic. I believe that 5 of the last 6 years at least one of the representatives in the Superbowl was a team that played in the wildcard round and the Niners just happen to be the only team left that played in that round. I am just pointing that out, jeez. Don't like my topics than dont click on them. For those that don't think this matters, it's does seem to be a trend and mattered in the last several Superbowls. I just hope the Hawks can buck this trend, all I was trying to point out.

It's not just this thread that is the issue dude. It seems like every single comment you make on this board is a "woe-is-me" "chicken little" "everybody's gonna crap themselves" giant pile of negativety. In my opinion it is ridiculous and probably a horrible way to go through life. I home I'm wrong.

Doesn't change the fact that I'm still looking for somebody to tell me how you can block posts from other members so I don't have to read it anymore.

Edit: This is not meant to attack the poster, but to attack the posts as per the .NET rule.

minormillikin

Reaction score
How does a fan "taking things seriously" affect the outcome of a future game at all? Is this some superstition?

You do know, Blitzer88, that you don't have to prepare, right? There is no bonus for the Seattle Seahawks on the field based on how focused their fans were during the preceding week.

The only possible way your gloom affects the game, is that it could possibly demotivate some fans... And as a result they cheer 0.2% quieter. Even this is a stretch.

So what does all your "taking the opponent seriously" get us? More importantly, what does it do for you? Are you trolling? If so, congratulations. Half the board is on the hook, grats.

"If it doesn't make you money or make you happy, don't do it. "

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1dkxiauq said:
volsunghawk":1dkxiauq said:
Blitzer88":1dkxiauq said:
Man, this is shaping up to turn out like the last few playoffs where a team that played in the wildcard round goes/wins the Superbowl and unfortunately the Niners are another Wildcard team. Really hope our boys can reverse the trend of Wildcard teams going all the way.

Last year, the Niners were not a wildcard round team and we were. Look who made it to the SB.

In every single SB since the league realigned, at least one conference has sent a representative that enjoyed a bye week during the wildcard round. In some years, there were two.

I was referring to the Ravens from last year who were a wildcard.
So in the last ONE playoffs, then.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
volsunghawk":292qldc0 said:
Blitzer88":292qldc0 said:
volsunghawk":292qldc0 said:
Blitzer88":292qldc0 said:
Man, this is shaping up to turn out like the last few playoffs where a team that played in the wildcard round goes/wins the Superbowl and unfortunately the Niners are another Wildcard team. Really hope our boys can reverse the trend of Wildcard teams going all the way.

Last year, the Niners were not a wildcard round team and we were. Look who made it to the SB.

In every single SB since the league realigned, at least one conference has sent a representative that enjoyed a bye week during the wildcard round. In some years, there were two.

I was referring to the Ravens from last year who were a wildcard.
So in the last ONE playoffs, then.

When the Packers won it they were a wild card. Same with the Giants a few years ago.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
minormillikin":364na6d6 said:
How does a fan "taking things seriously" affect the outcome of a future game at all? Is this some superstition?

You do know, Blitzer88, that you don't have to prepare, right? There is no bonus for the Seattle Seahawks on the field based on how focused their fans were during the preceding week.

The only possible way your gloom affects the game, is that it could possibly demotivate some fans... And as a result they cheer 0.2% quieter. Even this is a stretch.

So what does all your "taking the opponent seriously" get us? More importantly, what does it do for you? Are you trolling? If so, congratulations. Half the board is on the hook, grats.

"If it doesn't make you money or make you happy, don't do it. "

Yes, my 9,000 some posts are all to troll and nothing else. And I think more than half the board know that I get nervous when it comes to big games and take my posts with a grain of salt knowing it is me.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Mods just close my thread. Just seem to be ticking off too many folks. Not my intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts