Wildcard...

ringless

Reaction score
The second seed is highly unlikely because it means that the Packers, Vikings, Cardinals all perform very poorly in the last 6 games. Not to mention it also requires a tiebreaker or one more win than GB.
Football outsiders puts Seattle at a 1.1% chance of the second seed using DVOA

Now a Divisional title is obviously a lot more likely at the 3 seed. It's listed at 3.3% but it's likely realistically higher than that. Maybe a 10% shot.

In regards to a Wild Card spot. The most important game is the Bucs at Colts, and Falcons at Vikings. But since a 5th or 6th seed will lose this week as they face off that's going to change things significantly assuming a Seahawks win.

So go Bucs because I don't want to see you guys in the playoffs again for obvious reasons lol

Ozzy

Reaction score
Big pumpkin I don't follow your logic there. Just make it to the dance and anything can happen. Teams have struggled to get in only to roll in the playoffs. I think 4-2 probably gets us in and 5-1 is almost a lock. Pitt worries me a little but I feel great about the rest of the schedule.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think 10 wins is good enough to make the playoffs as the wildcard. It looks to me like it is a two man race between us and the Falcons for the last WC spot. The Falcons are horrible. I've said this many times in the NFL forum: ATL is a bottom 5-10 NFL team. Sorry Dan Q. They've lost 3 consecutive games to Jameis Winston, Blaine Gabbert and Matt Hasselback. ATL still has two upcoming games with Carolina.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
austinslater25":1oj1qynm said:
Big pumpkin I don't follow your logic there. Just make it to the dance and anything can happen. Teams have struggled to get in only to roll in the playoffs. I think 4-2 probably gets us in and 5-1 is almost a lock. Pitt worries me a little but I feel great about the rest of the schedule.

Crossing one's fingers and saying, "Anything can happen" is nothing but "pie in the sky" thinking! I'm being a realist here.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3acp9vpm said:
Hawks46":3acp9vpm said:
If we're hoping for AZ (or any other team) to help us out, we're already in trouble, as in the case for winning the division. The Seahawks can only control what they can do, which means looking at the schedule:

Pitt. As bad as our secondary is playing, this is looking tough. We're going to give up some points to Pitts, as the refs rarely allow our pass rush to go full force and actually call offensive holding, and Brown is the kind of WR that gives us fits. Also, Pitt is very good against the run, so they match up with our strengths well. We still have to win this game.

@Minn. This is going to be a tough game as well, although a struggling GB team just looked pretty good in their house. Still, you can't really compare divisional matchups. The Vikings have an average defense that is not so great against the run and above average against the pass. This is a MUST win game for us; we can't keep losing conference games. It also helps to hang a loss on someone that might be ahead of us in the WC race. I honestly think we win this one.

@Ravens. This game is a win. No Flacco, no RB, should be no problem. Their defense is feisty at home, but even though they're only giving up 97 rush yards per game, it's looking good for us.

Browns. Umm, yea. It's not if we win, but by how much. With our record, I don't see the players over looking this one, which is the only way the Browns would win it.

Rams. This one is a win. They barely beat us at their house, and our OL was way worse back then. Their QB position is a total mess and I see the players being pissed and wanting revenge.

@AZ. Honestly, we couldn't beat them here, not seeing how we beat them there.

I see us winning every game but Pitt and AZ. Pitt is a coin flip for me right now and I'm not sure how that works out ,but I see us losing to AZ again. Our secondary just isn't right enough to beat team with elite passing games like Pitt and AZ.

So, is 10-6 good enough to win a WC spot ? Probably. Is 9-7 ? Most likely not. Our season comes down to beating teams we should beat, and winning at least one game against a tough team where the outcome is in doubt.

9-7 might still do it, depending on tie breakers.

Look at Atlanta's schedule. They aren't winning more than 8.

I don't see Tampa going 5-1 down the stretch either.

This is the Bucs remaining schedule:

@IND
Falcons
Saints
@Rams
Bears
@Carolina

Only one winning team left on that schedule and it's likely that Carolina is sitting starters for at least half the game. I give them a 50/50 shot at going 5-1. Falcons and Saints at home, Rams is a coin flip, Bears at home is a win, and I've mentioned Carolina. They might not go 5-1, but they could go 4-2 very easily. The only positive is that they hang a loss on ATL.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3v0y912t said:
austinslater25":3v0y912t said:

Crossing one's fingers and saying, "Anything can happen" is nothing but "pie in the sky" thinking! I'm being a realist here.

Saying the chances of winning a Super Bowl are "nil to none" if they lose another game is a bit negative though. Look at the Giants in 2011 as a recent example. They went 3-5 to close out the regular season, squeaked into the playoffs with a Week 17 win over the Cowboys, and then went on a roll: won their wild card game on the backs of their defense, eked out the NFC Championship in OT against the 49ers, and beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3teonrv0 said:
Bigpumpkin":3teonrv0 said:
austinslater25":3teonrv0 said:

Saying the chances of winning a Super Bowl are "nil to none" if they lose another game is a bit negative though. Look at the Giants in 2011 as a recent example. They went 3-5 to close out the regular season, squeaked into the playoffs with a Week 17 win over the Cowboys, and then went on a roll: won their wild card game on the backs of their defense, eked out the NFC Championship in OT against the 49ers, and beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

And what is the probability of that happening to the Seahawks? One might get Vegas odds at 100-1.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3pufw6jm said:
hawknation2015":3pufw6jm said:
Bigpumpkin":3pufw6jm said:
austinslater25":3pufw6jm said:

And what is the probability of that happening to the Seahawks? One might get Vegas odds at 100-1.

Elo projects them to win 8.8 games and gives them a 2% at winning the Super Bowl (7th highest percentage in the league).

The Vegas odds as of today are 18/1 for the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl and 8/1 to win the NFC Championship:
http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawks46":3dnvci6b said:
Hawkpower":3dnvci6b said:
Hawks46":3dnvci6b said:
If we're hoping for AZ (or any other team) to help us out, we're already in trouble, as in the case for winning the division. The Seahawks can only control what they can do, which means looking at the schedule:

Pitt. As bad as our secondary is playing, this is looking tough. We're going to give up some points to Pitts, as the refs rarely allow our pass rush to go full force and actually call offensive holding, and Brown is the kind of WR that gives us fits. Also, Pitt is very good against the run, so they match up with our strengths well. We still have to win this game.

@Minn. This is going to be a tough game as well, although a struggling GB team just looked pretty good in their house. Still, you can't really compare divisional matchups. The Vikings have an average defense that is not so great against the run and above average against the pass. This is a MUST win game for us; we can't keep losing conference games. It also helps to hang a loss on someone that might be ahead of us in the WC race. I honestly think we win this one.

@Ravens. This game is a win. No Flacco, no RB, should be no problem. Their defense is feisty at home, but even though they're only giving up 97 rush yards per game, it's looking good for us.

Browns. Umm, yea. It's not if we win, but by how much. With our record, I don't see the players over looking this one, which is the only way the Browns would win it.

Rams. This one is a win. They barely beat us at their house, and our OL was way worse back then. Their QB position is a total mess and I see the players being pissed and wanting revenge.

@AZ. Honestly, we couldn't beat them here, not seeing how we beat them there.

I see us winning every game but Pitt and AZ. Pitt is a coin flip for me right now and I'm not sure how that works out ,but I see us losing to AZ again. Our secondary just isn't right enough to beat team with elite passing games like Pitt and AZ.

So, is 10-6 good enough to win a WC spot ? Probably. Is 9-7 ? Most likely not. Our season comes down to beating teams we should beat, and winning at least one game against a tough team where the outcome is in doubt.

9-7 might still do it, depending on tie breakers.

Look at Atlanta's schedule. They aren't winning more than 8.

I don't see Tampa going 5-1 down the stretch either.

This is the Bucs remaining schedule:

@IND
Falcons
Saints
@Rams
Bears
@Carolina

Only one winning team left on that schedule and it's likely that Carolina is sitting starters for at least half the game. I give them a 50/50 shot at going 5-1. Falcons and Saints at home, Rams is a coin flip, Bears at home is a win, and I've mentioned Carolina. They might not go 5-1, but they could go 4-2 very easily. The only positive is that they hang a loss on ATL.

You have to look at that schedule in context.

Sure that's a relatively easy schedule for the Patriots, but a good handful of those teams are right at Tampa's level.

@Ind-Loss
Falcons-Toss up (and either outcome helps/hurts us.
Saints- Toss Up
@Rams-Possible Loss
Bears-Toss Up
@Carolina- Possible loss, depending on Carolina's circumstances.

I could see them winning 3 of those games. 4 seems like a stretch, no way they win 5.

You are seriously overestimating Tampa.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
It's looking like if the Seahawks win today, they will grab control of the 6th seed. Atlanta would fall to 6-5, but we would own the tie breaker with the better conference record. Tampa Bay would fall to 5-6 with a loss. We need Green Bay to lose a couple more games to move up to the 5th seed.