Will Anderson Jr.

toffee

Reaction score
I watch the the entire Bama vs Tenn game trying to watch mainly Will Anderson Jr. Didn't really notice him, after the game, not believing my eyes I checked box score just to found out that he had one tackle. Generational talent take over big games, Tenn scored 54 points seemingly ran at will over the Bama OL, where was Will Anderson?

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
toffee, i think you're cherry picking a bit here.

tennessee had the #1 offense in all of CFB last season. putting up a staggering 46.1 ppg and 525 ypg. they made good defenses look bad.

anderson is 1 player out of 11 on the defense. i get what you're saying, he should have done more. albeit solid in the run game, that's not his niche. his bread and butter is his pass rush ability. getting pressures/sacks. currently at 240lbs, he's gonna get washed when the 1st line of defense gets washed. he needs to get a little bigger/stronger for shedding blocks and taking on gaps in the run game at the next level. he had 98 pressures over the last 2 seasons, that's #1 in all of CFB. that's what you're getting. if he was eligible last draft, he would have gone #1.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
There's only so much a single OLB can do. Taking over a game as a defender is extremely difficult, but he HAS done it before. 2021 was a year full of that for him.

That said, Wright is a really good RT prospect, as well.

CPHawk

Reaction score
There's only so much a single OLB can do. Taking over a game as a defender is extremely difficult, but he HAS done it before. 2021 was a year full of that for him.

That said, Wright is a really good RT prospect, as well.
He can have more than 1 tackle though. A lot of guys in this draft are highly thought of, not because they are great on the field, but because they look good getting off the bus and can run fast in shorts.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He can have more than 1 tackle though. A lot of guys in this draft are highly thought of, not because they are great on the field, but because they look good getting off the bus and can run fast in shorts.
Yeah, but that isn't Will, who has had 3 straight productive seasons, one of which was a legitimate Heisman-deserving 17.5 sack campaign.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Don’t get caught up with what Anderson has done but what’s he going to do. IMO he will be an OLB preferably in a 3-4. He is a linear athlete with good straight speed with not much bend. When rushing the passer most effective in a wide 9.once an OT stops his 1st move he doesn’t have a counter move. People who were saying he was the 2nd coming of Von Miller are wrong. He will be a good dependable player with a great attitude