Will Bevell be an X Factor ?

pehawk

Reaction score
I personally need these threads.

I mean, sometimes I point out specific instances and reason for concern in regards to how the playcalling is going, or tendencies in certain situations.

But, then I have all of you to remind me I'm not smart enough to actually differentiate scheme from execution and/or from talent. And then I remember what happened with Gus Bradley...he had a #1 defense and some people criticized him. I mean, weren't they happy with a #1 defense? No way we could improve on that.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1wwkg252 said:
And then I remember what happened with Gus Bradley...he had a #1 defense and some people criticized him. I mean, weren't they happy with a #1 defense? No way we could improve on that.

Sure, but because Quinn has helped take the defense to the next level (he also had Bennet/Avril to fit into the pass rush, unlike Bradley who relied on Clemons) -- it doesn't mean Bevell has been a negative influence the last two years and that he and Cable have been idiotic (I know not your words, but what we're debating in this thread).

Can the offense improve? Sure. It's #5 not #1. Does Bevell and/or Cable deserve all the regular nonsense on here, ultimate blame and almost no credit? Of course not.

pehawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2dhiliit said:
pehawk":2dhiliit said:
And then I remember what happened with Gus Bradley...he had a #1 defense and some people criticized him. I mean, weren't they happy with a #1 defense? No way we could improve on that.

Sure, but because Quinn has helped take the defense to the next level (he also had Bennet/Avril to fit into the pass rush, unlike Bradley who relied on Clemons) -- it doesn't mean Bevell has been a negative influence the last two years and that he and Cable have been idiotic (I know not your words, but what we're debating in this thread).

Can the offense improve? Sure. It's #5 not #1. Does Bevell and/or Cable deserve all the regular nonsense on here, ultimate blame and almost no credit? Of course not.

IMO, Bevell is the equivalent of an 8-8 head coach. That's just who he is. You can set your watch to the 5 games a year he appears to be calling a game in an alternate reality. He gets bailed out, a lot, by Cable and random Wilson plays. And, at the same time he bails them out occasionally too.

I mean, we're suppose to think him watching film from week one, and knowing GB's defense, as a sign of genius? That's called being a professional, really, filmwork. That's not a winning argument.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Largent80":24gl5pyd said:
I just have a feeling that since NE will sell out to stop the Beast, Bevell will use some wrinkles early on, rather than our last few games of hanging out for a half and taking it in the 2nd half.

I'm looking for Willson to be involved, just a gut feeling.
He called one of his best games in XLVIII last year. Hope he opens the entire playbook early this year like he did in last year's SB.
If so its all good! :th2thumbs:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty sure I'm the only one here that thinks Bevell is a genius. And honestly I don't think that's giving him enough credit. I like to think of him more as a God, specifically of the Christian and/or Muslim ilk.

pehawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2nfuwvg5 said:
Pretty sure I'm the only one here that thinks Bevell is a genius. And honestly I don't think that's giving him enough credit. I like to think of him more as a God, specifically of the Christian and/or Muslim ilk.

If you take out Sports Hernia and Roland via a bomber jacket you're promised 72 Darryl Bevell playbooks in heaven. Yes, it's heaven, so there's entire sections dedicated to TJ!TJ!TJ! and fades.

A

Anonymous

I know Percy is gone, but that doesn't mean the team won't be amped-up in the same way at the start of the last one, and it won't mean we don't come out with something squirrely on the first play from scrimmage. Something to get around the edges like Marshawn on a wheel route or a WR screen/rub play. We need to work the edges first and get them winded and spread out before we 17-power their asses.

pehawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1vf100z1 said:
I know Percy is gone, but that doesn't mean the team won't be amped-up in the same way at the start of the last one, and it won't mean we don't come out with something squirrely on the first play from scrimmage. Something to get around the edges like Marshawn on a wheel route or a WR screen/rub play. We need to work the edges first and get them winded and spread out before we 17-power their asses.

I've actually thought they could do a jet sweep with BJ occasionally.

hangumhi

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3g13mq6v said:
Bob_the_Destroyer":3g13mq6v said:
Darrell Bevell has been mostly a negative factor the past three seasons.

He and Tom Cable are idiotically conservative,

Give me strength.

This team has gone to back-to-back Super Bowls

According to Football Outsiders, Seattle had the #5 overall offense in 2014 and the #7 overall offense in 2013.

And Darrell Bevell has been mostly a "negative factor" and he and Cable are idiots.

What planet do some people live on?

And oh by the way -- young QB's don't make it to Super Bowls in two of their first three years. But let's not give them any credit for Russell's progress and development, or the fact we consistently field the #1 running game in the league.

Good grief.

I live on planet earth. Good grief I wish people understood football enough to know that Bevell has never and will never be a reason for the Hawks success. We have won in spite of Bevell. Where's your support now?

Bob_the_Destroyer

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2p7ipuq8 said:

Why do people like this even bother to watch football (let alone post on football forums?) They are obviously blind to everything that is happening on the field.

Bob_the_Destroyer

Reaction score
ivotuk":fvk8sat8 said:
You KNOW it! Bevell designs some great plays to take advantage of opposing teams weaknesses.

The ignorance is unbelievable.

I was 100% right: Darrell Bevell is a negative factor for the Seahawks.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Bob_the_Destroyer":2wtrejxn said:
ivotuk":2wtrejxn said:
You KNOW it! Bevell designs some great plays to take advantage of opposing teams weaknesses.

because we all saw Chris Matthews grabbing 100+ yards and a TD.

everyone's pissed, but lets not start calling out posters for pre-game comments.

pehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":14jnv58c said:
Bob_the_Destroyer":14jnv58c said:
ivotuk":14jnv58c said:

because we all saw Chris Matthews grabbing 100+ yards and a TD.

everyone's pissed, but lets not start calling out posters for pre-game comments.

Can we highlight posters that have been concerned over playcalls like last night, all year long, and have been greeted to "DVOA!!! LOMBARDI!!!! EXECUTION THOUGH!!!"?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
i think you started a thread already didnt you?

ive been going with the fingers-in-the-ear trick all year. (didnt work)