Will Dissly

xray

Reaction score
When healthy he looks like a pro bowl TE ; but has only managed to appear in 10 games out of a possible 35 including 3 post season games . Should the Hawks take a serious look at the upcoming draft for a couple more TE's and FA TE's too ?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think its highly likely they sign a TE. If you look at Pete and Johns history they have gone out and signed a vet TE pretty consistently.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Go get Hunter Henry. Him and Dissly would be an interesting pair.

TruHawkFan9.0

Reaction score
Dissly and either Hunter Henry or Austin Hooper would be a nice little tandem.

sutz

Reaction score
Dissly has been an injury disappointment so far. I won't call him a "bust" yet. He has plenty of talent. He has demonstrated that. Hopefully he comes back again and can have a good long career here.

I expect the team to shore up the TE position this off season. I could live with Hollister hanging around and I'm not as down on Willson as some others are, but they are not #1 TE level talent. I expect to go into next year with 4TE.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Cant help the club while in the ice tub.

When healthy he's a beast.. But he's barely healthy

James in PA

Reaction score
Dissly is such a difference-maker when healthy. Wish we could keep him healthy for a full season. Notice how the 2 teams in the Owl have great tight ends? We need to add some badly, preferably in the draft instead of free agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdog1981

Reaction score
I hope he can get past this and have a productive career. However, in the 2020s NFL, these guys retire quickly after they get hurt in multiple seasons.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Definitely have to sign someone. Wilson makes crappy TEs look half capable and good ones loom look spectacular. When Dissly got hurt the offense definitely did change. Need a TE who can block and catch. We need Zach Miller 2.0. As much as I like Dissly he hasn't been able to stay healthy. Also two very significant injuries so who knows how we will turn out moving fwd.

ivotuk

Reaction score
If only.... Can you imagine what a juggernaut this team would have been with Will Dissly playing? I think he can be on a production level with George Kittle. Not on an athletic level, as Kittle is an amazing athlete, but at a production level in catches and touchdowns. And as a better blocker. He just needs to learn how to take care of himself, and to NOT CONTORT his body like he did in the end zone.

But instead of having our own phenom Tight End, we got a receiving Tight End, a good all around Tight End, and then...well..nobody.

I think Will could have made the difference in 2 games because of his blocking and catching. But rather than a huge positive at Tight End, we had a huge negative, that cost us in games. When you go from a TE that is good at his job, to one that let's defensive linemen blow right by them, that's huge.

If only...

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I hope Dissly is able to get these injuries behind him, maybe spend a little less time around our strength and conditioning coach :D

I am OK with both Willson and Hollister, but I unfortunately think we do telegraph our plays a little bit when we have to use them. Hollister is not the best blocker, and Willson is not the best receiving option, so I'd imagine we have tendencies to use each of them depending on what kind of play it is.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Had Dissly played all season I don't have any doubt that we win at least 2 more games. Russell is clearly comfortable with him, he can make plays and is an excellent check down option, or a surprise option when the opposing defense is too worried about Lockett, Metcalf, or Carson. The kid just needs to stay healthy. Two years now his potential has been stunted and it's a real shame.

Largent80

Reaction score
At this point he is unreliable. He injured himself on a non contact play.

Both of his injuries are the worst an athlete can have. On the upside, he's young but right now the Hawks need a TE.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Largent80":294x4pr7 said:
At this point he is unreliable. He injured himself on a non contact play.

Both of his injuries are the worst an athlete can have. On the upside, he's young but right now the Hawks need a TE.
As others have said on this thread, maybe get Hunter Henry or Hooper to be the #1 starting TE, and have Will be #2 and allowed to sit more and coast more of the season and stay healthy.

Largent80

Reaction score
Spending top draft capital on a TE is not where this team needs to go. Both trenches are mired in mediocrity. It is KNOWN.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Largent80":3ocjzxks said:
Spending top draft capital on a TE is not where this team needs to go. Both trenches are mired in mediocrity. It is KNOWN.

Pretty much this. I could see them drafting somebody in, say, Round 5 or later, but not before.

nwHawk

Reaction score
TE is a big need, but if they can make George Fant and Hollister assets, then I think they can uncover another gem in the 3-5 rounds. TEs play a big role in what Pete and Shotty want to do.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
Both SB teams this year have top notch TE's . A great blocking TE that can move the chains too ...that's what's needed for the Hawks . But of course that's what every team wants .

James in PA

Reaction score
One name to keep an eye on in free agency: Austin Hooper from Atlanta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts