will Hardy's suspension hold up?

peppersjap

Reaction score
Rob12":y5dcwqut said:
The sad part is that the NFL probably can't suspend him again. He's already been penalized for this incident. If they were to try, the NFLPA would fight it tooth and nail. Double Jeopardy, and all that.

I'm sure Jerry Jones will continue to defend Hardy, and he might even double down and try to ink him to an extension. I hope the Cowboys sever ties with Hardy, but I highly doubt they will. But even Jerry might have to look at this thing a little closer. Is this really the type of person that you want to represent your franchise?

If he's released (unlikely), I doubt another team would sign him. He's a better player than Ray Rice, but I could see him getting that same type of treatment. In effect, I think Jerry could end his career if he actually does the right thing (again, unlikely).
If Jerry Jones keeps him on the team after those pictures were released then he has now shown how he wants to run his team and what a complete piece of garbage he is. Most people deserve a second chance unless you are a very huge man who beat up a woman. He got off because she failed to cooperate, probably because she was scared of what might happen to her if she did. He is a horrible person and Jerry Jones rewarded him with 11 million dollars. America's team??? I don't think so! Greg Hardy is no better than Ray Rice but apparently is more talented so he was signed.

Rob12

Reaction score
peppersjap":b959410g said:
Rob12":b959410g said:
The sad part is that the NFL probably can't suspend him again. He's already been penalized for this incident. If they were to try, the NFLPA would fight it tooth and nail. Double Jeopardy, and all that.

I'm sure Jerry Jones will continue to defend Hardy, and he might even double down and try to ink him to an extension. I hope the Cowboys sever ties with Hardy, but I highly doubt they will. But even Jerry might have to look at this thing a little closer. Is this really the type of person that you want to represent your franchise?

If he's released (unlikely), I doubt another team would sign him. He's a better player than Ray Rice, but I could see him getting that same type of treatment. In effect, I think Jerry could end his career if he actually does the right thing (again, unlikely).
If Jerry Jones keeps him on the team after those pictures were released then he has now shown how he wants to run his team and what a complete piece of garbage he is. Most people deserve a second chance unless you are a very huge man who beat up a woman. He got off because she failed to cooperate, probably because she was scared of what might happen to her if she did. He is a horrible person and Jerry Jones rewarded him with 11 million dollars. America's team??? I don't think so! Greg Hardy is no better than Ray Rice but apparently is more talented so he was signed.

Jerry is giving him a second chance and an extension is "likely." So there it is. He doesn't care. The Cowboys are about winning games, and Jerry doesn't care if he has to employ woman beaters and monsters to accomplish that goal.

The Cowboys suck.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Jerry would sign Aaron Hernandez and Rae Caruth if he thought it would help them win...I am hoping this Hardy situation blows up again...not that Jerry will care..

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3hdtg1dv said:
Jerry would sign Aaron Hernandez and Rae Caruth if he thought it would help them win...I am hoping this Hardy situation blows up again...not that Jerry will care..
Jerruh is a scumbag and Hardy is a POS. It shouldn't be news to anyone.
Hardy will be out of money, in jail, or no longer walking the earth 2 years after he is out of the league.
Being an athlete and having money to pay off his victim to "go away" is the only reason he is not in jail currently.
The guy is dumber than a bag of hammers.

OP
OP
H

homerun1970

Reaction score
I am wondering how this doesn't stain good old Rodger. I thought he said he was going to get it right from now on when the Rice fiasco went down. Jerry, Rodger, NFLPA and the justice system have all failed when a POS is making millions. The Justice system may be the worst of the offenders for allowing a guy to bribe a witness/victim.

chris98251

Reaction score
homerun1970":3bcvp32u said:
I am wondering how this doesn't stain good old Rodger. I thought he said he was going to get it right from now on when the Rice fiasco went down. Jerry, Rodger, NFLPA and the justice system have all failed when a POS is making millions. The Justice system may be the worst of the offenders for allowing a guy to bribe a witness/victim.

League already suspended him, he's clear, he can blame the justice system now.

OP
OP
H

homerun1970

Reaction score
The league though agreed to reduce his suspension why? The evidence was out there to actually take a stand against DV instead Rodger folded. If its another case of making a judgement without seeing what the evidence was, he has learned nothing from the Rice ordeal.

chris98251

Reaction score
The league isn't the justice system, he has a right to work, being fined or suspended for tarnishing the shield is different then any legal infraction he commits. As a employer you hope the two sync up. The Players Union is what tries to keep this balance, making a player wait to pursue his livelihood till the legal system catches up to the situation and that loss of revenue in a finite window of the years a player can play would open up a whole bigger issue. What if he is found not guilty or if he was simply accused and it was someone else and that salary forfeit. Now who gets sued?

drdiags

Reaction score
The League knew what the evidence was, they were one of the few that had privy to the pictures. It is why they wanted to increase the suspension to 10 games. The arbiter wasn't going to rule in their favor because they hadn't established their new standard and tried to retroactively enforce the new outrage without NFLPA agreement.

They tried to wield the hammer but probably knew it wasn't going to fly. He got away with it, or so it seems. None of the hand-wringing is going to change that. Holden sold out future victims by not seeing this through the end.

I still wonder why it is just athletics that folks want these type of incidents to have a nuclear option. The same should apply to doctors, lawyers, policemen, teachers ...etc. The NFL is the whipping boy for some moral outrage but why not do the right thing and demand accountability across the board despite economic or political position?

Same with stalking. That crap should be dealt with much more seriously than how we handle it today. Hundreds have lost their lives because of restraining orders that only mean something to those that respect the law.

/rant off

chris98251

Reaction score
drdiags":1s7chnj5 said:
The League knew what the evidence was, they were one of the few that had privy to the pictures. It is why they wanted to increase the suspension to 10 games. The arbiter wasn't going to rule in their favor because they hadn't established their new standard and tried to retroactively enforce the new outrage without NFLPA agreement.

They tried to wield the hammer but probably knew it wasn't going to fly. He got away with it, or so it seems. None of the hand-wringing is going to change that. Holden sold out future victims by not seeing this through the end.

I still wonder why it is just athletics that folks want these type of incidents to have a nuclear option. The same should apply to doctors, lawyers, policemen, teachers ...etc. The NFL is the whipping boy for some moral outrage but why not do the right thing and demand accountability across the board despite economic or political position?

Same with stalking. That crap should be dealt with much more seriously than how we handle it today. Hundreds have lost their lives because of restraining orders that only mean something to those that respect the law.

/rant off

Again as a employer how much right do you have to control a persons private life and judge and sentence. The length of time it takes if the error will open up a huge litigation of how much they cost a player in earnings due to slandering and sentencing him and not having legal authority to do so beyond a image tarnish for the league.

Take the Ray Lewis situation, was he there yes but how deep was he involved? He was labeled a murderer for a long time, that was handled differently then this. But given the blood lust of so many he would and should have been permanently banned from the league at the time. How long does it take to get a murder trial to court? Years, that lost time and earnings as well as unrecoverable chances to set records and his legacy to go to the hall of fame.

drdiags

Reaction score
chris98251":1qqm2koe said:
Again as a employer how much right do you have to control a persons private life and judge and sentence. .

My response was geared toward homerun's comment. Yours popped in there while I was responding. I should have quoted him/her. I have no issue with your take. I don't buy into homerun's take.

OP
OP
H

homerun1970

Reaction score
It isn't that I want a nuke, more along the lines of having some sort of defined justice at some level that sticks. I do however think Rodger has shown his ass everytime his justice has come up, hes great at making money for the league other than that I question his competence.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
No one knows what happened. Sorry women can be pretty violent themselves and from the pictures and from what Hardy is physically able,,,those bruises are nothing. It does not take much to bruise the human body. Catch an errant elbow to the eye playing basketball and see how nasty that is. If this strong domestic abuse is to take hold women have to understand it is just as unacceptable to hit as well.

Relationships can be very volitial, murder happens through these indesrctions. If this women wanted to continue the litigation and press charges she should have. She didn't. Took the money and ran. Sorry no victim here.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":28gqv9pv said:
No one knows what happened. Sorry women can be pretty violent themselves and from the pictures and from what Hardy is physically able,,,those bruises are nothing. It does not take much to bruise the human body. Catch an errant elbow to the eye playing basketball and see how nasty that is. If this strong domestic abuse is to take hold women have to understand it is just as unacceptable to hit as well.

Relationships can be very volitial, murder happens through these indesrctions. If this women wanted to continue the litigation and press charges she should have. She didn't. Took the money and ran. Sorry no victim here.
You are wrong. Sorry! Hardy is a criminal and a thug.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1sml7qz7 said:
seahawkfreak":1sml7qz7 said:

More specific? What did I say that is wrong?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2pj43z4d said:
Sports Hernia":2pj43z4d said:
seahawkfreak":2pj43z4d said:

More specific? What did I say that is wrong?
The whole there is "no victim" here and painting that Hardy did nothing wrong.