Will Michael get some carries?

CaptBennett

Reaction score
If I'm not wrong Christine Micael hasn't got barley any playing time with the team. Does the staff not trust his ball security or something? I would love to see him get at least a FEW carries this weekend versus the colts.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was wondering about that myself.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
CaptBennett":3hmxlupy said:
If I'm not wrong Christine Micael hasn't got barley any playing time with the team. Does the staff not trust his ball security or something? I would love to see him get at least a FEW carries this weekend versus the colts.

Probably has more to do with blocking

HawkWow

Reaction score
His blocking and special teams play must be abysmal. Aside from only being allowed so many backs, I can't imagine why we can't get the guy on the field...in one capacity or another. I am very happy with our FO, but all this talk about the future....I was hoping the future is now. IF 5 weeks into the season the guy is still so inept that Coleman is more valuable on the field...in spite of his quickness and explosive nature, I'm going to start wondering about his selection. He don't look too quick or explosive riding the pine.

It's too bad the league, per usual, has F'ed up the kickoffs. That would have been a good start point for him.

cacksman

Reaction score
I think it boils down to how many guys we need active. If we are low on depth at certain positions(maybe o-line!) we would activate those backups and leave Michael off the active roster since we have 3 backs(Lynch, Turbin, and Coleman) that can fill in at tailback if need be.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I'd like to see him get some touches and blow the doors off with that speed!

Cartire

Reaction score
The run game is not our problem. No need to rush him in so fast. Remember when rookies were brought in properly?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I have my suspicion that it's more than just pass blocking, but Michael struggling to run within the offense the way Pete and Cable wants. Remember it took Lynch half a season before he was on the same page as TC.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
He had been active, which rules out special teams play.

But I agree. Barring a big problem with his game I think he should be taking carries from Lynch by now. Keeping Lynch fresh will be one of our bigger challenges towards the end of the year.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I don't think its anything other then blocking.. but lets be clear.... Michael is a lynch style back.. Lynch don't do special teams..

hawk45

Reaction score
I think it's mainly blocking as well. With the OL in shambles, they feel at least they need to play the backs who can spare RW's life when called on.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
JerHawk81":1kcxi7gn said:
He had been active, which rules out special teams play.

But I agree. Barring a big problem with his game I think he should be taking carries from Lynch by now. Keeping Lynch fresh will be one of our bigger challenges towards the end of the year.

How many carries did Lynch have through the first quarter of the season last year? I suspect it is far more than we see now.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Thanks, tomahawk. Sounds like he is pacing well then.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
hawk45":3khh2dgo said:
I think it's mainly blocking as well. With the OL in shambles, they feel at least they need to play the backs who can spare RW's life when called on.

Yep..

Tical21

Reaction score
Cartire":198c96rh said:
The run game is not our problem. No need to rush him in so fast. Remember when rookies were brought in properly?
At RB?

Cartire

Reaction score
Tical21":2v7uj43t said:
Cartire":2v7uj43t said:
At RB?

He's taken more snaps then most third string rb's in the league (not counting teams with rb injuries). So yea, I think he is being broughten in just fine.

Tical21

Reaction score
Cartire":2nudax2s said:
Tical21":2nudax2s said:
Cartire":2nudax2s said:
At RB?

He's taken more snaps then most third string rb's in the league (not counting teams with rb injuries). So yea, I think he is being broughten in just fine.
I agree, I'm not in a rush considering our depth, but I would say RB might have less learning curve that just about any other position. We've seen rookie RB's come right into the league and play well for about as long as the NFL has been in existence.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Most rookies running backs like Michael don't get drafted to teams with an established rb like lynch. We haven't seen much of Michael because It's four games into the season and we have lynch. Lynch is the present, Michael is the future. Have I mentioned we're four games into the season and we have lynch?

If Michael did start getting more carries people would be concerned that something was wrong with lynch.

Tical21

Reaction score
I don't think Lynch has much to do with whether or not Michael gets any carries. Turbin is the one taking the carries that could be going to Michael.

Latest posts