Will Seahawks give ex-UW QB Keith Price a second chance?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
:3-1:

On Thursday, Seattle general manager John Schneider and coach Pete Carroll watched the owner of 11 passing records at the University of Washington “rip it,” in Carroll’s words, at UW’s pro day.

Asked what Price needed to get into the NFL, Carroll said: “I think he’s really close. He really is a QB. He’s got the poise and the stature and the mentality of handling the position. He’s very cool and calm about stuff. He’s very articulate around the huddle, calling stuff at the line of scrimmage. He’s got a very good presence and all of that. Very accurate thrower. He’s not a big-arm thrower, but a very accurate thrower. You can see it on the deep ball; he threw the ball 60 yards out here. So he ripped it.

“I think it’s just a matter of time. He’s got to get his break and get his opportunity to show it. He has a lot of stuff that is hard to find. The intangibles are there.”

Is there any part of Carroll and the Seahawks curious to give Price a second chance by signing him for their minicamp in June and maybe even training camp in late July? Especially with veteran backup quarterback Tarvaris Jackson currently shopping the league as an unrestricted free agent?

“Yeah. Yeah,” Carroll said. “He did well again (Thursday).”

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2015/04/0 ... rylink=cpy

gmor

Reaction score
He would be a familiar camp arm. Why not bring him in? Nothing to lose, might gain something.

Vetamur

Reaction score
original poster":23qr31mm said:
Interesting!

Hope he's good at the coin toss though.

Well, obviously he would get some coaching up on that. You cant just stand ANYWHERE or ANYHOW.. there is a right posture, a right stance, a right feet placement to make sure the coin comes up as you need it to. If you want to hold a clipboard in the NFL, you need to be able to win the toss.. Charlie Whitehurst never understood that and it got him run out of town.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Carroll just being nice...hes not gonna say he sucks to reporters...he would say the same thing about Sam Bradford, Blaine Gabbert and others who just suck...

kearly

Reaction score
Pete gushed about Price last Summer then cut him a week later.

Really a shame that Price isn't a mentally tough, durable QB. Very talented, and fun to watch.

crosfam

Reaction score
A couple of seasons in training camp, then he transitions and becomes a graduate assistant coach in college or maybe a second assistant quality control coach, or a high school assistant coach, etc. Seems like a solid character guy and good enough to have a football career, just probably not a playing career.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Price has a lot of talent. As a sophomore, he looked better than Locker ever did. Outplayed RG3. If he was a little bigger, more durable, he'd probably be a legit pro prospect. Unfortunately, he'll probably never be those things.

The O-line situation under Sark derailed Price's availability and confidence. Was on his way to a fantastic college career.

olyfan63

Reaction score
In that Price vs. RGIII UW vs. Baylor bowl game, sophomore Price looked like the Heisman guy and Griffin III looked like the also-ran.
I really don't watch enough UW football to know how bad Price sucks, I just wish Price could bottle up and preserve and repeat that Baylor game. Apparently Pac-12 defenses put together enough of a "book" on Price and how to make him suck, and Price didn't manage to change enough to get the book classified in the fiction section.

Would be interested in reading any more detail from Husky diehard fans on what the book was on Price and why he sucked at UW his last couple seasons.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Vetamur":1ff519jb said:
original poster":1ff519jb said:
Interesting!

Hope he's good at the coin toss though.

Well, obviously he would get some coaching up on that. You cant just stand ANYWHERE or ANYHOW.. there is a right posture, a right stance, a right feet placement to make sure the coin comes up as you need it to. If you want to hold a clipboard in the NFL, you need to be able to win the toss.. Charlie Whitehurst never understood that and it got him run out of town.

I think I understand.....this has to do with the FORCE. I did not know it has so much meaning through out the uni-verse. :thirishdrinkers:

Tical21

Reaction score
olyfan63":2m38mspr said:
In that Price vs. RGIII UW vs. Baylor bowl game, sophomore Price looked like the Heisman guy and Griffin III looked like the also-ran.
I really don't watch enough UW football to know how bad Price sucks, I just wish Price could bottle up and preserve and repeat that Baylor game. Apparently Pac-12 defenses put together enough of a "book" on Price and how to make him suck, and Price didn't manage to change enough to get the book classified in the fiction section.

Would be interested in reading any more detail from Husky diehard fans on what the book was on Price and why he sucked at UW his last couple seasons.
I think the two biggest issues were the recurring leg injuries and the loss of Polk, and three WR's that all got into NFL camps (Kearse, Aguilar & Goodwin).

I also could have sworn that there was either a mechanical or injury issue that went unreported. The ball looked different leaving his hand after his sophomore year. I tore my labrum and compensated by changing my throwing motion to go around the area that caused the pain. It looked to me like he was doing something like this, especially on the passes that came up short, which was odd because he would even do it on smoke screens and simple passes. I kept looking for reports of arm injuries but never saw any, so it might have just been a bad habit to his mechanics.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
olyfan63":37iv9lc1 said:

Not a diehard Husky fan but I do watch a ton of Pac 12 football and watched most of his games in his career. My opinion on him is that he's a good kid who was a good college QB but never had the body or the mental toughness to make it into the NFL. I think the biggest reason he fell off his senior year was quite simply because he was shell shocked from playing behind a crappy offensive line. I remember the last time he played against the Ducks, it was a year that the Ducks pass rush was not very good and really frustrating to me as a Duck fan, but Price was panicking and rushing things based off a perceived pass rush that wasnt even there. Even if he does have a chance at an NFL future I think the Seahawks are a terrible fit for him because we all know pass protection isnt our o'lines strength.