Will the Players Trust Carroll in 2015?

chris98251

Reaction score
I think a good case of kick the crap out of another team is in order.

BigMeach

Reaction score
farhat":1svtg0bw said:
Earl Thomas posted this on twitter on Feb. 2nd: https://instagram.com/p/ynUHWIh1oC/

And then he wrote: "I feel like he is talking to me. I can't let politics get in the way of my love for the game."

Earl is saying it was politics that got in the way of Carroll giving the ball to Lynch. The franchise loves Russell Wilson. This is how the players feel. This discussion goes back to the Percy drama. Whatever we think about it doesn't matter. My concern is: does Earl really believe that politics got in the way of that last call?

Lynch was definitely saying a couple of weeks ago in Turkey that he felt the same way.

Bryon Maxwell was also commenting on how hurt he was that they didn't run the ball. I know that Maxwell is gone, but does he express the sentiment of other players? A lot of these guys are cynical, especially Lynch and Baldwin.

Are there other players that feel the same way on our team? And if so, will they not be playing with the same heart as we're used to?

This is exactly why quote's can be taken out of context by the NEWS so easily to fulfill any motive they want.

How do you know what Earl is talking about has anything to do with the call itself? You're assuming that's the case. He could just as easily be talking about the drama/politics in the media surrounding the call and taking away from the great game that was played.

I doubt he is implying that the decision for the pass was politics. Though it could be, we don't know, and thus shouldn't assume it to be the case.

captSE

Reaction score
Nonsense post.

This is more about a poster believing the media and their attempts to create stories where there are none.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
farhat":8l5k3al3 said:
Brock and Salk understood Earl that way. What else would he be talking about the day after the Super Bowl in the light of the quote he referenced?

Most of you made the point: if they don't buy in, then they're out. But, that isn't going to help us. If we have to get rid of more players then we lose. We want to have less turnover at this point, not more.
You also want your players to act like grownups too, eh?
Too many people making great big somethings out of itty bitty nothings.
If you don't get the weeds out your garden, they will choke out the good that you're trying to nurture >>>>See Percy Harvin.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
AgentDib":3gdyr03g said:
Hawkfan77":3gdyr03g said:
How do you have any clue what ET is referring to? Why automatically assume it's about Carroll?
Because if you automatically assume it is about Carroll then you have something to talk about and worry over. Hooray for twitter!

Exactly. This thread is beyond ridiculous.

I read it as, Jordan gave his best because he chose not to believe in conspiracy theories. Earl was agreeing with that, IMO. Anything less is victim mentality. Nothing to do with Pete or the players

Nothing to see here...move along :roll:

themunn

Reaction score
If there's ANYTHING ET could be referring to here regarding others getting in the way, it'd be the multiple times they felt that referees had a negative and unfair impact on the game (for which him and Bennett were quoted multiple times last year).

But of course, what he's really saying is that if he practices hard enough and plays well enough, that will be a non-issue. And that's exactly how it turned out

HawkGA

Reaction score
sc85sis":fcpdo0li said:
For all we know he could have been talking about some of the crappy officiating we've seen in the last few years, or about Goodell and his ever-changing policy on domestic abuse or any number of things.

Yep, I didn't read that quote the way the OP did at all and I even went into it with the bias of having read the OP's interpretation. He used a quote from Jordan, who I'm assuming was not denied a final shot because Phil Jackson wanted Luc Longley to be the face of the franchise.

sutz

Reaction score
volsunghawk":31yoc3ij said:
I hate this fanbase sometimes.

:laugh: Yeah, seriously. IMHO, the twitter quote was more about "get above thinking politics/conspiracies and play your best ball." So, I take it as a positive statement of dedication to the team and playing better football, not as some kind of whining that the team leadership somehow doesn't want them to win, or would risk losing a SB for some kind of weird PR stunt.
:34853_doh:

pmedic920

Reaction score
I think most of us thought that the loss of 49 would have "locker room" implications.
I just hope that our guys will get past it and set their sights on what the future has in store.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2phgxeaf said:
I think what you're trying to say is, that you don't particularly LIKE this fanbase sometimes, and that you wish it was dead, poisoned, destroyed beyond recognition, and burned to the ground..... but HATE??.....that's such a harsh word. :p

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If we've learned one thing about Pete's style of coaching, it's that if you DON'T buy into his program and trust him, you're gone.

So will the players trust him? Yes, they have to if they want to stay in Seattle. Just ask Percy.

OP
OP
F

farhat

Reaction score
alright, here's what I believe. even if there is still some resentment, I believe these guys are prideful,
mature, and resilient. once they get on that field they're going to want to kill the other team. point blank. also, winning heals all things. worrying doesn't heal anything.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Ultimately Carroll fell on the sword for Bevell, and the players will see that. THey still may not like the call, but he took full responsibility for something that wasn't even his fault. Even if he told Bevell to "throw it", I understand his rationale and don't blame him at all for that thought. The boneheaded call was the actual play call associated with it..

If they called a jumbo set and RW rolls out to run/throw to a TE and we win, no one would have congratulated Carroll for such a ballsy call... it would have been normal...That's very normal at the goalline. However, Bevell's call to run a slant on the 1 is just terrible. If the players are mad, they should and could be made a Bevell, but the actuality of throwing it wasn't a bad decision. There are some throws that have a less probability of turnover than running (PA pass, leak TE out- if he's covered and you can run, throw it away).

volsunghawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3omi1mi5 said:
volsunghawk":3omi1mi5 said:
I think what you're trying to say is, that you don't particularly LIKE this fanbase sometimes, and that you wish it was dead, poisoned, destroyed beyond recognition, and burned to the ground..... but HATE??.....that's such a harsh word. :p

Heh, not even that... just a little less... this.

f_f03adf7f99.jpg

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
lukerguy":2jgy70yb said:
Ultimately Carroll fell on the sword for Bevell, and the players will see that. THey still may not like the call, but he took full responsibility for something that wasn't even his fault. Even if he told Bevell to "throw it", I understand his rationale and don't blame him at all for that thought. The boneheaded call was the actual play call associated with it..

If they called a jumbo set and RW rolls out to run/throw to a TE and we win, no one would have congratulated Carroll for such a ballsy call... it would have been normal...That's very normal at the goalline. However, Bevell's call to run a slant on the 1 is just terrible. If the players are mad, they should and could be made a Bevell, but the actuality of throwing it wasn't a bad decision. There are some throws that have a less probability of turnover than running (PA pass, leak TE out- if he's covered and you can run, throw it away).
You are so far off base it's not even funny. The play was a TD if executed properly. The players hold no grudges on what was called on the field.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1qlfdshf said:
lukerguy":1qlfdshf said:

You are so far off base it's not even funny. The play was a TD if executed properly. The players hold no grudges on what was called on the field.

Not sure bout grudge, but many of the players have expressed publicly including Marshawn in Turkey that he thought he should have got the ball.

Can this sort of second guessing the coaches fester into something bigger? I hope not, because the Hawks have a REALLY good vibe and team unity going right now.........and I don't think Carroll will let that happen.

Latest posts