Will the Players Trust Carroll in 2015?

ceej22

Reaction score
farhat":3mx5d2az said:
Brock and Salk understood Earl that way. What else would he be talking about the day after the Super Bowl in the light of the quote he referenced?

Most of you made the point: if they don't buy in, then they're out. But, that isn't going to help us. If we have to get rid of more players then we lose. We want to have less turnover at this point, not more.

You mean a radio show looking for ratings interpreted the most drama filled meaning from a tweet. Huh it's almost like they don't know what they are doing.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Who knows, interpreting a tweet from a player is like me trying always be positive.............nearly impossible to do.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
farhat":1jjbkvjq said:
Earl Thomas posted this on twitter on Feb. 2nd: https://instagram.com/p/ynUHWIh1oC/

And then he wrote: "I feel like he is talking to me. I can't let politics get in the way of my love for the game."

Earl is saying it was politics that got in the way of Carroll giving the ball to Lynch. The franchise loves Russell Wilson. This is how the players feel. This discussion goes back to the Percy drama. Whatever we think about it doesn't matter. My concern is: does Earl really believe that politics got in the way of that last call?

Lynch was definitely saying a couple of weeks ago in Turkey that he felt the same way.

Bryon Maxwell was also commenting on how hurt he was that they didn't run the ball. I know that Maxwell is gone, but does he express the sentiment of other players? A lot of these guys are cynical, especially Lynch and Baldwin.

Are there other players that feel the same way on our team? And if so, will they not be playing with the same heart as we're used to?
This thread would have gone better had you said ET was just jawing. Then those that don't want to hear what they don't want to hear could have just simply sidetracked the whole issue.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
farhat":hs55oocy said:
Brock and Salk understood Earl that way. What else would he be talking about the day after the Super Bowl in the light of the quote he referenced?
Maybe he meant that at the time. I neither know, nor care. If he did mean that, I'm sure it was about 98% emotionally driven.

But you're starting a thread about this a month-&-a-half later?!? Have you heard or read ANYTHING in the intervening time that would lead you to conclude ET doesn't trust Pete?

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Bullmeister":2zmr88dq said:
It didn't take me long after "that play" to think that not feeding Beast Mode the ball on that play from the one was a "politically" motivated decision. It's not like things between Lynch and the coaching staff has always been rosy.

Remember this?

[youtube]6jWytyPthDI[/youtube]

The crazy thing about it all was that it was the players in the lead up to the game that were saying they wanted to win and make Beast Mode MVP.

I am sure no player and none of us would have felt the way we did/do if Lynch was given the ball on the 1 yard line and failed to get in every time he tried. in that situation, I am sure all players and fans would have been prepared to stand by whatever would have happened win or lose. We all would have trusted Lynch and stood by him and the rest of the team. I don't think many of us would have wanted it any different.

The decision to not go with Lynch and the subsequent interception and loss of game was like a snub from the coaching staff to all the players (esp Lynch) (and fans) who wanted Lynch to not only smash the ball in for a TD Beast Mode (Seahawk) style and win the game, but to also win the MVP.

I fear something more than the SB was lost that day.

It is understandable that some players would (still) be feeling like they were duped by the coaching staff.

Will things between the coaching staff and players ever be the same? Who knows? I think if anything has been lost it needs to be won back again and have everyone back o the same page. I't sure Carroll is well aware of this.

Wow...What a load of poo... Give the ball to Lynch on 1st down, he gets to the one yard line...time is ticking and you wasted your second time out getting down there the play before, so you have one left and three downs to win the game. If you're gonna throw in this series, you throw on 2nd down. That way if you score, you score and they have whatever time is left to try and get a field goal. If it's incomplete, it's incomplete. Then you run on 3rd down--if you don't get in, you take the time all the way down and go for it on 4th down with another run. Win or lose at that point. There is no goddamn conspiracy.

The ONLY problem I have with that play is that it was not play action and that the performance of several key players was underwhelming. As was stated above, anyone who drifts away from the coaches or locker room because of it is a head-weak, moron and they don't belong here...

Donn2390

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":7bmnr9ua said:
Bullmeister":7bmnr9ua said:
It didn't take me long after "that play" to think that not feeding Beast Mode the ball on that play from the one was a "politically" motivated decision. It's not like things between Lynch and the coaching staff has always been rosy.

Remember this?

[youtube]6jWytyPthDI[/youtube]

The crazy thing about it all was that it was the players in the lead up to the game that were saying they wanted to win and make Beast Mode MVP.

I am sure no player and none of us would have felt the way we did/do if Lynch was given the ball on the 1 yard line and failed to get in every time he tried. in that situation, I am sure all players and fans would have been prepared to stand by whatever would have happened win or lose. We all would have trusted Lynch and stood by him and the rest of the team. I don't think many of us would have wanted it any different.

The decision to not go with Lynch and the subsequent interception and loss of game was like a snub from the coaching staff to all the players (esp Lynch) (and fans) who wanted Lynch to not only smash the ball in for a TD Beast Mode (Seahawk) style and win the game, but to also win the MVP.

I fear something more than the SB was lost that day.

It is understandable that some players would (still) be feeling like they were duped by the coaching staff.

Will things between the coaching staff and players ever be the same? Who knows? I think if anything has been lost it needs to be won back again and have everyone back o the same page. I't sure Carroll is well aware of this.

Wow...What a load of poo... Give the ball to Lynch on 1st down, he gets to the one yard line...time is ticking and you wasted your second time out getting down there the play before, so you have one left and three downs to win the game. If you're gonna throw in this series, you throw on 2nd down. That way if you score, you score and they have whatever time is left to try and get a field goal. If it's incomplete, it's incomplete. Then you run on 3rd down--if you don't get in, you take the time all the way down and go for it on 4th down with another run. Win or lose at that point. There is no goddamn conspiracy.

The ONLY problem I have with that play is that it was not play action and that the performance of several key players was underwhelming. As was stated above, anyone who drifts away from the coaches or locker room because of it is a head-weak, moron and they don't belong here...
I agree 100% not only with your version of what happened, but also that the post you were responding to is complete and total pure poo...
Some here are still worried about the play call, the players forgot it long ago.. It's a game, it's a business. Tomorrow is a new day..

Latest posts