Will these suspensions be a distraction?

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I get that the players love the attention on Twitter. But really, they need to ignore it. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do, if you are good or bad. If you are famous or in the public eye at all, you will get venom and hate on Twitter. It's a fact of the internet. You can get thousands of compliments and ass kisses, and the one hateful comment will be the one you notice. It's simply not healthy. I like seeing the guys on Twitter sending out messages to fans like "Good job 12th man!" or "Big game today!" I also like seeing more introspective stuff from guys like Baldwin. But the second it becomes the guys responding to hate and venomous tweets from fans or rival fans, it's garbage, IMO. I know this is a lot to ask because many of these guys do it for the attention and hero worshiping. But they need to learn to filter that stuff out. If that means not reading @ replies, so be it. It's just really stupid in the grand scheme, with very little to gain. I'm guessing teams already do so. But they really need to give these guys social media lectures and classes.

As for this all being a distraction. I don't think so. I don't question this team's leadership whatsoever.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
SeaTown81":9fz18hsi said:
I'm guessing teams already do so. But they really need to give these guys social media lectures and classes.

Oh, they do.

Players' agents go through it with them, as well.

chris98251

Reaction score
First of all those that want to tell others how to react and be fans should just realize it's an opinion, we all have real life issues that typically take presidence over a football game or team. Nobody should get so butt hurt that we start attacking another over something we have zero control of. You choose to support of not support a team, it's not like having a child that you need to show how to be successful and can't flip the off switch on or put in a box if it doesn't do what ya want it to.

As far as the OP, I think this creates focus for us, we have been hot and cold all year, seemingly not focused and almost going through the motions in some games to wake up at the end and take our victory from a what appeared to be a win from the other team.

As stated when we have a chip on our shoulder and feel disrespected or have been put down or attacked this team specifically the defense wakes up like a hungry lion. Pissy and wanting to kill something.

RiverDog

Reaction score
hawk45":vgqni2jl said:
Players have zero, I mean zero, grounds to complain about fan attention. Football players ride a wave of affection through life. Then yeah, if they get to the NFL they might see some displeasure, but by that time they can wipe their tears with hundred dollar bills all night long. These guys sign up for Twitter for the attention they receive, then cry about the reactionary nature of Twitter.
Pro Tip: If you're going to be on Twitter then don't be a f**k up. A guy like RW can be on Twitter fine because he won't mess up off the field, and he's smart enough to tune out the noise if he gets negative comments about his play.
As to the OP, I do think it will be a distraction, but *so far* the defense has played better with a chip on the shoulder than without. So it may not result in worse play. Aside from the obvious negative of having your starter and backup be out for being stupid.

Excellent post! You nailed it, man!

What was it that Harry Truman said...If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!