Will Wilson play differently in our season opener and the whole season?

hawks85

Reaction score
Word out of Broncos camp is that Hackett has been coaching Russ on getting the ball out faster.

Will he finally learn to do so as a 10 year vet? Or will we see more playground, off-schedule hero ball?

Remains to be seen.
LOL!!!!Wilson isn't gonna turn into some rock solid pocket QB sitting back there picking defenses apart. WIlson has never done that in his entire career because he doesn't know how to do it like that. Wilson is has and always will be a backyard QB. Nothing will change Monday night. Wilson will be running around as soon as the ball is snapped like a chicken with it's head cut off throwing hail mary's and praying to god someone catches it.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
LOL!!!!Wilson isn't gonna turn into some rock solid pocket QB sitting back there picking defenses apart. WIlson has never done that in his entire career because he doesn't know how to do it like that. Wilson is has and always will be a backyard QB. Nothing will change Monday night. Wilson will be running around as soon as the ball is snapped like a chicken with it's head cut off throwing hail mary's and praying to god someone catches it.
People do change, but in Wilson's case, will he change his MO in the season opener?

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I can think of two occasions when Wilson played according to a game plan given to him by the coaches, and it was noticeably different from "Russball." Once it was for an entire half-season. The other time was a single game nearly four years later.

Own The West

Reaction score
Russ should be on his best behavior for the opener. He desperately wants people to like him, so he'll be sure to hand the ball off to keep all his new teammates happy.

That said, you can count on us staying in 2-high all game on D and grinding it out on the ground on O to make him have to beat us with patience and discipline -- both his weak points. If our D has gelled some and doesn't blow coverages (a big 'if') I like our chances in this game.

I particularly like Juedy vs Wooten. Juedy's a horrible route runner and Wooten can keep up with him, so I don't see much coming from the X.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
Hoping the Donks play very sloppy all night. We could be catching the Bronco's at the right time. Esp. since they basically didn't play starters the entire pre season.
Did we play starters much? How many snaps did our starters (who could start for other teams) play in the pre-season?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not much at all. But when a guy doesn't play a snap of the pre-season and is on a new team, there's bound to be a little time to be up to speed. Hoping Monday is sloppy af for the Donks.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Russ will be mildly booed. Hes going to eat the Seahawks lunch and rub Pete’s nose in it. Knowing everything we know about Russ, This game has been circled on his calendar and maybe factored into why he wanted to go there. He will treat this game like the Super Bowl. It will be ugly. Just like this website after the game.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Russ will be mildly booed. Hes going to eat the Seahawks lunch and rub Pete’s nose in it. Knowing everything we know about Russ, This game has been circled on his calendar and maybe factored into why he wanted to go there. He will treat this game like the Super Bowl. It will be ugly. Just like this website after the game.
Certainly possible, but we've seen him not rise to the occasion pretty often for the past few years.

Also, if he treats the game like his most recent Super Bowl... welllll...

The more concerning thing is that its week 1. Week 1 Russ is traditionally an MVP candidate. It usually falls apart around, what... week 9-ish?

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Certainly possible, but we've seen him not rise to the occasion pretty often for the past few years.

Also, if he treats the game like his most recent Super Bowl... welllll...

The more concerning thing is that its week 1. Week 1 Russ is traditionally an MVP candidate. It usually falls apart around, what... week 9-ish?
Just my prediction. Regardless of what happens this season I believe Russ is gonna show up. He has to.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Word out of Broncos camp is that Hackett has been coaching Russ on getting the ball out faster.

Will he finally learn to do so as a 10 year vet? Or will we see more playground, off-schedule hero ball?

Remains to be seen.
Russ will do good for the first 5-6 weeks. Then he will start doing what he does. Once teams adjust to their offense he will start playing up and down. Denver might be a awful team. It’s the media who claimed they would be super bowl contenders if they just had a QB.

rcaido

Reaction score
Did you not see the second half of 2015 season. Wilson was a freaken monster.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I don't really know if he will or not, but this is the way I like to think about it.

Russ and Pete and have been around each other for a very long time, and each know eachothers weaknesses at this point. With that being said, who is more likely to change in order to exploit said weakness, and who is more likely to say "my way wins football games so that's what we gonna do".

I think you have your answer there.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Did you not see the second half of 2015 season. Wilson was a freaken monster.
You mean when he was 6 years younger & still had a lot more escape abilities than he has now, and 'Glue-Fingers Baldwin' hauling in the passes??...It wasn't just Wilson pulling it off ... + NO MVP?
I also wonder WHY he didn't CONTINUE for the next 6 years when he had both Lockett & Metcalf in his arsenal, eh?