Wilson and Seahawks haven’t talked contract

AgentDib

Reaction score
First-Pick, where the AI overpays like crazy to trade up.

Your Picks:
YOUR TEAM: SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
Round 3 Pick 2 (OAK): Hockenson, T.J., TE, Iowa
Round 3 Pick 4 (NYJ): Prince, Isaiah, OT, Ohio State
Round 3 Pick 5 (JAX): Arcega-Whiteside, JJ, WR, Stanford
Round 3 Pick 14 (MIA): Lindstrom, Chris, OG, Boston College
Round 3 Pick 20: Nelson, Anthony, DE, Iowa
Round 3 Pick 24 (DET): Rypien, Brett, QB, Boise State
Round 3 Pick 28 (K.C.): Johnson, Jaquan, SS, Miami (FL)
Round 3 Pick 29 (NYJ): Beckner Jr, Terry, DT, Missouri
Round 4 Pick 4 (OAK): Love, Julian, CB, Notre Dame
Round 4 Pick 22: Joseph, Vosean, OLB, Florida

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":36ml4iql said:
. In Sherman's case he's not here because he took his gripe with Pete to the field of play. It wasn't "our choice" to let him walk.

We cut him, you can't get more clear as to who didn't want who.

Tical21

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2q6iqu8s said:
Seymour":2q6iqu8s said:
. In Sherman's case he's not here because he took his gripe with Pete to the field of play. It wasn't "our choice" to let him walk.

Biggest reason he was cut is because we were broke and he was a vet off an injury with a big contract without much dead money.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tical21":ugbkzt4f said:
Sgt. Largent":ugbkzt4f said:
Seymour":ugbkzt4f said:

Biggest reason he was cut is because we were broke and he was a vet off an injury with a big contract without much dead money.

You are correct, and it's why it's a poor comparison for what's going on with Wilson. As is Earl's situation.

Russell's healthy, coming off his best year and is a model teammate and member of the community. So if there's any friction going on between Russell and the organization with the extension talks, it's purely salary related.

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":36o0z4fo said:
Chapow":36o0z4fo said:
BleuEyedHawk":36o0z4fo said:
Paul Silvi just reported the possibility on King 5 News.

He was saying that Ciara would prefer to live closer to NY for her career.

I attempted to locate a printed version on their website, but couldn't so it remains heresay I guess.

Silvi is more reliable (IMO) than Cowherd, so I don't know what to make of it if anything.

Does Ciara even really have much of a career at this point?

Sincere question, when the last time Ciara did anything noteworthy in the entertainment industry?

If they are making decisions based on what's best for Ciara's career over Russell's career, their priorities are pretty out of whack IMO.

Again, this reeks of agent hype machine.

Negotiations aren't going as smoothly as we'd like, so let's start floating the "player and wife discontent" balloons out to the press.

Ciara barely had a career when she had a career, Russell was the best thing that ever happened to her. If not for him, she'd still be a D list act playing the backwoods fair circuit.

btw, no offense to Ciara, she seems like a very nice person, and she seems to have been great for Russell. But to think Russell's making career decisions based on her "being close to NY for her career" is laughable. Her only career IS Russell.

We all want Russell to stay, but his wife was a millionaire, winning awards and famous before we knew who he was. She has been doing well for herself and has more followers on social media than him. Russell might also be unhappy how he is utilized.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SkyHawks16":2mx0glps said:
We all want Russell to stay, but his wife was a millionaire, winning awards and famous before we knew who he was. She has been doing well for herself and has more followers on social media than him. Russell might also be unhappy how he is utilized.

Ciara's album in 2015 flopped, so bad that she had to cancel the tour.........of which was small venues and fairs. She hasn't had an album since.

So no, she hadn't and still hasn't been "doing well for herself" musically or career wise.

This is all ridiculous. Russell isn't going to base the most important contract extension of his career on his wife's career that's on life support.

I'm sure she would rather live in NY, but does that mean Russell is willing to make millions less paying state income tax over WA with no state income tax on a monster 100M+ contract? Doubt it.

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":179j5s0v said:
SkyHawks16":179j5s0v said:

Ciara's album in 2015 flopped, so bad that she had to cancel the tour.........of which was small venues and fairs. She hasn't had an album since.

So no, she hadn't and still hasn't been "doing well for herself" musically or career wise.

This is all ridiculous. Russell isn't going to base the most important contract extension of his career on his wife's career that's on life support.

I'm sure she would rather live in NY, but does that mean Russell is willing to make millions less paying state income tax over WA with no state income tax on a monster 100M+ contract? Doubt it.
You do know she doesn't only sing, right?! That she is a host, model and has endorsements with various business. Just by googling since 2015, she has endorsed Revlon, Givenchy, Equinox and Pandora, then just by googling the last couple years she has been in Vogue Arabia, Shape, Essence and Cosmopolitan magazines and is signed to IMG, hosted the Billboard awards, performed at the AMAs, she also hosted Ryan Seacrest's Dick Clark program, then goes overseas to perform and opened up for Bruno Mars. All of these things happened while she has been with Russell. His wife is not an ordinary NFL wife, she doesn't sit and wait for him everyday to get back at work. I follow Russell on social media, Ciara and him are hardly in Seattle off-season from what I have noticed, she has her own money and travels.They go to all these glamorous parties. If Russell would rather be in a bigger market like NY, and have his wife to continue her work there, especially her modelling, I wouldn't be surprised.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SkyHawks16":995h9h6s said:
Sgt. Largent":995h9h6s said:
SkyHawks16":995h9h6s said:

You do know she doesn't only sing, right?! That she is a host, model and has endorsements with various business. Just by googling since 2015, she has endorsed Revlon, Givenchy, Equinox and Pandora, then just by googling the last couple years she has been in Vogue Arabia, Shape, Essence and Cosmopolitan magazines and is signed to IMG, hosted the Billboard awards, performed at the AMAs, she also hosted Ryan Seacrest's Dick Clark program, then goes overseas to perform and opened up for Bruno Mars. All of these things happened while she has been with Russell. His wife is not an ordinary NFL wife, she doesn't sit and wait for him everyday to get back at work. I follow Russell on social media, Ciara and him are hardly in Seattle off-season from what I have noticed, she has her own money and travels.They go to all these glamorous parties. If Russell would rather be in a bigger market like NY, and have his wife to continue her work there, especially her modelling, I wouldn't be surprised.

Amazing coincidence that all her most recent success has come after she started dating Russell.

But hey, speculation and hype is fun!

Bottom line, if we pay Russell, he'll stay...........if we don't want to pay Russell, he'll go. That's how the NFL works, Russell will be here for as long as we want him to be here, he and his agent can float out all the speculation they want.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":nug287j0 said:
Being a top 5 or 6 QB is a great accomplishment, but he still gets to read about Dak Prescott in the playoffs or Mahomes.

Legends are made in the playoffs and Wilson wants to be legendary. He doesn't want to be top 5 in the league, he wants to be an Alll-Time Great. He said this himself, literally multiple times.

Dak Prescott?

Wow... who knew

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2rlaodb0 said:
SkyHawks16":2rlaodb0 said:
Sgt. Largent":2rlaodb0 said:
SkyHawks16":2rlaodb0 said:

Amazing coincidence that all her most recent success has come after she started dating Russell.

But hey, speculation and hype is fun!

Bottom line, if we pay Russell, he'll stay...........if we don't want to pay Russell, he'll go. That's how the NFL works, Russell will be here for as long as we want him to be here, he and his agent can float out all the speculation they want.

Before Wilson..right? From 2009-2014. She had endorsements with Adidas, Verizon Wireless, did straight to dvd films like Mama, I Want to Sing!, headlined with Jay Z on a tour, signed with Wilhelmina Models, released singles like Body Party, Love Sex Magic with Justin Timberlake a top 10 song, toured the world with the likes of Akon and many more stuff.

My point is, unlike his first wife, Wilson current wife has been making millions since she was a teen and worked most her life and travelled the world while doing that. That has been that way before Wilson.

I believe before his first huge contract, she was making and worth more than he was.

Wilson considering her career, how to increase his brand and how to make it easier for their family, wouldn't be a shock. Wilson just recently signed with CAA, and said he wants to produce and do more stuff with his production company. He is looking beyond football.

It just something to consider.

Chapow

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2afzr0i9 said:
It comes down to who is the Seahawks next owner, and if Carroll is still coaching.

Carroll's system does not need a highly paid QB to succeed. Carroll needs a heavy run offense and a stacked defense.

All the QB has to do is not lose the game with turnovers.

Russell Wilson has 27 game winning drives and 21 4th quarter comebacks in his 7 years here, including both NFC Championship games he's played in.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... r=WilsRu00

This recent era of Seahawks football looks a lot different, and a lot less successful, without all those 4th quarter come from behind victories led by Russ.

The fact that some of you guys seem to think that we would have had just as much success, or will going forward, with a T-Jack or Whitehurst level QB as long as they don't lose the game by turning the ball over is pretty crazy and a huge disservice to Russ and what he has done here.

*There are links to articles explaining very clearly what a game winning drive is, what a 4th quarter comeback is, and what the difference between the 2 is on the page I linked above for anyone that's curious.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I never read anyone post about wanting or being okay with a tjack or a clipboard jesus type QB. Many have said that Pete's style allows for a good to great QB, but that elite QBs go under utilized.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I would say great and elite are the same thing... and cost the same.

So you're left with good... and what that costs as well as why it costs thst much.

There are 10 or so QBs who could run the Seahawks offense at a level high enough to help the team be successful... and theyll all cost roughly the same in the end