Wilson has great touch (Kaep related)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":1ih8620i said:
Sgt. Largent":1ih8620i said:
hawk45":1ih8620i said:
Lord help us if Kaep learns how to read defenses though.

Kaepernick is tremendously PHYSICALLY gifted athlete, that just so happens to play QB........but IMO he's not equipped mentally to do what Russell does, which is live, breath and eat football from 4:00am - 10:00PM for 10 years straight in order to become the total package.
He's 26 in his 15th year of playing football, how much longer do you wanna wait?

Russell grew up with a chip on his shoulder about being told he was too short to play QB, so he's compensated by doing EVERYTHING else as far as work ethic, morals and study habits. Kaepernick is the opposite...........he's been told since he was 12 that he was God's gift to football, so he's always thought he didn't need to study or stop going to clubs so he had more time in the film room. He could always just fall back on his talent.

Sure that works sometimes, but as we saw in the NFC Championship game, it cost his team the game in the 4th quarter. So IMO that ship's sailed, he is who he is, a very athletically talented QB that can't read defenses very well.
How do you know Kaep doesn't work hard in the film room and such? How do you know he was told he was god's gift to football since he was 12?

I love RW and dislike Kaep, but those seem like baseless assumptions.

Because it's not showing on the football field. If he was a film/study junkie, then you'd see results in his growth as a QB, and so far he's in year #4 and is still making the same mistakes and having the same problems with progressions.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":20h412q6 said:
fridayfrenzy":20h412q6 said:
Sgt. Largent":20h412q6 said:
hawk45":20h412q6 said:

Kaepernick is tremendously PHYSICALLY gifted athlete, that just so happens to play QB........but IMO he's not equipped mentally to do what Russell does, which is live, breath and eat football from 4:00am - 10:00PM for 10 years straight in order to become the total package.
He's 26 in his 15th year of playing football, how much longer do you wanna wait?

Russell grew up with a chip on his shoulder about being told he was too short to play QB, so he's compensated by doing EVERYTHING else as far as work ethic, morals and study habits. Kaepernick is the opposite...........he's been told since he was 12 that he was God's gift to football, so he's always thought he didn't need to study or stop going to clubs so he had more time in the film room. He could always just fall back on his talent.

Sure that works sometimes, but as we saw in the NFC Championship game, it cost his team the game in the 4th quarter. So IMO that ship's sailed, he is who he is, a very athletically talented QB that can't read defenses very well.
How do you know Kaep doesn't work hard in the film room and such? How do you know he was told he was god's gift to football since he was 12?

Because it's not showing on the football field. If he was a film/study junkie, then you'd see results in his growth as a QB, and so far he's in year #4 and is still making the same mistakes and having the same problems with progressions.

You could say the same about Cam Newton....probably even more so.

Polaris

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":cjs692tg said:
DavidCruz24":cjs692tg said:
I hate to talk about a niner but I see this being a big difference between Wilson and Kaepernick. Kaepernick has very poor touch on his throws and that problem has lost him a Super Bowl and a Conference Championship. I say that because those endzone throws to Crabtree that he has thrown twice and failed at are touch throws.

I disagree. The pass interception at the end of the NFC Championship game was not a touchdown. He had no business throwing that pass as the coverage was too good. He should have went somewhere else and not challenged Sherman.

I have to agree. If you look at that play again, either the ball is going to be intercepted by Sherman (or at least defensed by him), or it goes over Crabtree's head out of bounds....and that's with a pretty blatent OPI on the part of Crabtree I might add.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3dqj99v7 said:
fridayfrenzy":3dqj99v7 said:
Sgt. Largent":3dqj99v7 said:
hawk45":3dqj99v7 said:

It was his second season as the starter in the NFL. No need to act like he's some vet who should have the game solved already.

Out of 1-3 year players, Kaepernick had the 3rd highest QBR last season, behind Foles and Wilson. He had a better QBR than Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin and every single QB drafted in his year.

Let's not act like he his some struggling QB because he doesn't do film study and doesn't have the heart cause he was given everything growing up.

Smellyman

Reaction score
keep throwing Kaep (even if he does improve greatly), much better than seeing him run. Now that is scary.

kaep is a fantastic athlete, but everything looks soooo awkward. Weird throwing motion and weird running style. he looks like Phoebe running in central park on friends.

Polaris

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":14wskaun said:
Out of 1-3 year players, Kaepernick had the 3rd highest QBR last season, behind Foles and Wilson. He had a better QBR than Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin and every single QB drafted in his year.

QBR is a nebulous stat at best that makes a running QB like Kaep look a lot better than he really is. I know ESPN loves it, but I don't especially because it has copious amounts of "special sauce".

Let's not act like he his some struggling QB because he doesn't do film study and doesn't have the heart cause he was given everything growing up.

Kaep is a good QB, but the fact is he did struggle much of last year. Not all of it was his fault (given what his receiver corps was like), but Kaep has been known to make the critical mental mistake in critical games near as I can tell...at least when you compare him to Wilson.

-Polaris

dbmack

Reaction score
Smellyman":kz6jm5z6 said:
keep throwing Kaep (even if he does improve greatly), much better than seeing him run. Now that is scary.

kaep is a fantastic athlete, but everything looks soooo awkward. Weird throwing motion and weird running style. he looks like Phoebe running in central park on friends.
I'm a Friends fanatic and that Phoebe reference made me laugh out loud. Perfect comparison.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Polaris":def9if8u said:
fridayfrenzy":def9if8u said:

QBR is a nebulous stat at best that makes a running QB like Kaep look a lot better than he really is. I know ESPN loves it, but I don't especially because it has copious amounts of "special sauce".

Kaep is a good QB, but the fact is he did struggle much of last year. Not all of it was his fault (given what his receiver corps was like), but Kaep has been known to make the critical mental mistake in critical games near as I can tell...at least when you compare him to Wilson.

-Polaris

He has a better o-lien than Rw, as good a run game, and you could argue even at its worse as good a Wr corps as Rw, but did way way worse.

I agree about QBR it was something someone came up with so they could say they have their own way to measure QBs, so they feel important, and while they tell you part of what goes into it, they do not tell it all, and they penalize QBs for things they have little control over, and basically guess what plays have what weight. QB rating is all that matters for QBs as far as ratings go