Wilson is Awesome...

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
http://www.king5.com/news/editors-pick/ ... 94322.html

by TRAVIS PITTMAN / KING 5 News

Posted on September 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM

If you needed another reminder why Seattle loves Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, here you go.

To start his Thursday afternoon press conference, Wilson didn’t talk about practice. He didn’t talk about this Sunday’s matchup against the Texans in Houston.

He talked about a unique gift given to him by a patient at Children’s Hospital.

“The best part of my week, I go to Children’s Hospital every Tuesday, right? This 11-year-old girl, she made me this Seattle Seahawks wallet, so it’s one-of-a kind,” said Wilson, holding up the blue and green wallet with the Seahawks logo on it.

“The coolest part about it is it’s all made out of duct tape,” said Wilson. “It’s like perfect.”

kidhawk

Reaction score
That is pretty cool...I would say that girl needs to start selling those things, but we all now how the NFL frowns on that

OP
OP
KINGGRUMPY

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
kidhawk":wyb0mv8i said:
That is pretty cool...I would say that girl needs to start selling those things, but we all now how the NFL frowns on that

haha, yup. They would totally sue an 11 year old sick kid.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I Was on an airplane from Minneapolis to Fargo last Sunday morning to watch the game with my father and brother. The guy in the seat next to me a
acknowledged my Seahawks hat. We talked some football and the he told me he was from Virginia and "All the things you hear about your quarterback, Russell Wilson? They are all true."

Evidently RW went to the same high school as this guy's kids, who were younger. He shared a story about how RW would be out playing catch and throwing the football around/practicing with his son and his son's friends. Now, here is the catch. His son was an eight grader. Wilson was a junior in high school and had already won some prep award as the greatest football player in the state and he still made time for 8th grade kids.

I quipped that somebody had probably told RW to play with kids his own size so he had to drop down to 9th graders, but the point remains.

"All those things you hear about your quarterback, Russell Wilson? They are all true."

12evanf

Reaction score
He posted that wallet on his Twitter too. Dude must really love that duct tape wallet!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
kidhawk":31is58u7 said:

I would seriously DARE the NFL to file a lawsuit against a sick 11-year old girl...I doubt they would do it....too much negative PR.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3vnkid5c said:
"All those things you hear about your quarterback, Russell Wilson? They are all true."

You mean how he's too short to be a starting QB in the NFL?

I kid, i kid!

aawolf

Reaction score
BleedGreenNblue":2x79z49k said:
Why is he wearing a niners colored seahawks jersey?
LOL. QB's always practice in red-colored jerseys. It tells the defense: Don't you dare hit that guy.

A

Anonymous

Lawsuit? Nope.

If anything, the NFL would probably see an opportunity, and secure the 11 year-old as designer of a new product line that uses recycled materials to produce wallets. They will then trademark the design, secure a manufacturing company that is owned by female and employs a high percentage of minorities and injured military to produce the product on American soil. They will then offer some of the prototypes on NFL charities auction and will add the product to their online sales sight. They'll insure that a certain percentage of product deliveries are made using a transportation method which utilizes recycled fuels. Finally, they will insure that a few thousand wallets are given to the homeless or something equally as cool.

In other words, the polar opposite of suing a child for copyright infringement.

OP
OP
KINGGRUMPY

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":39vk9czh said:
Lawsuit? Nope.

If anything, the NFL would probably see an opportunity, and secure the 11 year-old as designer of a new product line that uses recycled materials to produce wallets. They will then trademark the design, secure a manufacturing company that is owned by female and employs a high percentage of minorities and injured military to produce the product on American soil. They will then offer some of the prototypes on NFL charities auction and will add the product to their online sales sight. They'll insure that a certain percentage of product deliveries are made using a transportation method which utilizes recycled fuels. Finally, they will insure that a few thousand wallets are given to the homeless or something equally as cool.

How do you know that the duct tape is made from recycled materials? I didn't see that anywhere in the story.

A

Anonymous

KINGGRUMPY":1dla4z9x said:
HoustonHawk82":1dla4z9x said:
Lawsuit? Nope.

How do you know that the duct tape is made from recycled materials? I didn't see that anywhere in the story.

It isn't. :34853_doh:

OP
OP
KINGGRUMPY

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":9acl0j2j said:
Lawsuit? Nope.

11 year-old as designer of a new product line that uses recycled materials to produce wallets. .

Oh, so you are implying that they would use recycled materials for her design to boost sales and get better PR? Eco-Friendly wallets? Nice. I don't know that she thought about it when she was making her prototype.

mikeak

Reaction score
Smart by RW as well. He doesn't get paid as much as others. He uses the wallet and goes to pay turns out the dollar bills and credit cards are stuck to the duck tape. Before he can get them lose the vendor realizes who he is and he doesn't have to pay.........

:D

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Here are a couple more pics of the wallet... With Wilsons American Express cards in them. That's a pretty nice wallet for being made out of duct tape, especially since it was made by an 11-year old girl!

Untitled

092613russellwallet2

Latest posts