Wilson will be undersiege again Seahawks could lose J.R.

chris98251

Reaction score
As much as I have been grinding my teeth this week I have to step back and think that Name guys being signed to bigger contracts is ok for us, Solari hopefully can take guys that have yet to make a name and hungry and turn them into road graders. He did a great job flipping the turnstiles we had last year.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
John63":1b4jredk said:
All that aside footballoutsiders had Wilson 2nd in pressured, hit, hurries and sacked in under 2 seconds, so the line was bad
And that's a reasonable assessment using valid stats. If a successful block is 2.5 seconds, and Wilson is sacked in less than 2, then that's definitely a fail. If it's happening 2nd-most, then it's a definite shortcoming.

I'm happy to accept reasoned arguments using relevant stats. I was merely pointing out that the adjusted sack stat was not a valid indicator of our OL given our QB has the 3rd-longest in time-to-throw, taking him outside the window of the time granted by a "successful" pass block.

Seymour

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":vbk1qdje said:
John63":vbk1qdje said:
All that aside footballoutsiders had Wilson 2nd in pressured, hit, hurries and sacked in under 2 seconds, so the line was bad
And that's a reasonable assessment using valid stats. If a successful block is 2.5 seconds, and Wilson is sacked in less than 2, then that's definitely a fail. If it's happening 2nd-most, then it's a definite shortcoming.

I'm happy to accept reasoned arguments using relevant stats. I was merely pointing out that the adjusted sack stat was not a valid indicator of our OL given our QB has the 3rd-longest in time-to-throw, taking him outside the window of the time granted by a "successful" pass block.

That is why you don't just throw them out as you implied. Both stats are close. 1 says 3rd worst 1 says 2nd worst. They both agree in other words.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Sweezy was "nothing special" compared to the rest of the NFL but as far as our oline roster goes he was much better than the speed bumps he replaced! Our office never learns from their mistakes.

Fade

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":lrtzzd9y said:
Adjusted sack rate is not = OL quality, especially when your QB is Russell Wilson.

Sweezy was fine. We just felt we could get the same level from Jordan Simmons for cheaper, and based on what we saw last year, I'm tempted to agree.

Your QB is going to have a sky high sack %. When you put him in 3 and long more than any other QB (%), and don't let him have easy throws on 1st & 2nd down.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Fade":1pqkcodd said:
MontanaHawk05":1pqkcodd said:
Adjusted sack rate is not = OL quality, especially when your QB is Russell Wilson.

Sweezy was fine. We just felt we could get the same level from Jordan Simmons for cheaper, and based on what we saw last year, I'm tempted to agree.

Your QB is going to have a sky high sack %. When you put him in 3 and long more than any other QB (%), and don't let him have easy throws on 1st & 2nd down.

And therein lies another issue, Wilson was top 2 in 3rd and 6 or more, which is ridiculous, but that is what happens when you go run, run pass 70% of the time and everyone knows it

chris98251

Reaction score
Appears there is going to be a lot of O lineman available looking at all the salary relief cuts.

Fade

Reaction score
chris98251":3m0nivrc said:
Appears there is going to be a lot of O lineman available looking at all the salary relief cuts.

The Seahawks are slow playing FA, and it is looking like it is going to work out for them. *Knocks on wood*.

Cut players do not count against the Comp Pick formula as well.

getnasty

Reaction score
Get Fluker signed and i'll feel fine about the OL, if he walks then i start to get a little nervous.

bighawk

Reaction score
I am in the minority here but i would rather keep Fluker than Sweezy. The running game got going once fluker came in at right guard. I thought Simmons was better anyway. Yall are giving to much credit to Sweezy. I liked him but but he will be replaced. He has left us twice don't forget that.

RCATES

Reaction score
It doesn't matter who the O-Lineman are Wilson's play style will always put him under pressure because the way he constantly leaves the pocket to survey the field. O-Lineman are trained to protect a QB in a given pocket. Not a 20 yard square box.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There he is......was wondering when this was coming. :irishdrinkers:
It's clearly Russ' fault he has been running for his life most of his career, yet has the most wins over his first 7 years of any QB in history.
Back on topic, they will be fine w/out Sweezy.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
RCATES":gucm8s0s said:
It doesn't matter who the O-Lineman are Wilson's play style will always put him under pressure because the way he constantly leaves the pocket to survey the field. O-Lineman are trained to protect a QB in a given pocket. Not a 20 yard square box.

LOL yes, that is why he is top 2nd in being pressured in under 2 seconds because he leaves the pocket to much. Maybe if his oline could block he would not leave it so much. Also interesting how even though he supposedly leaves the pocket so much it is always interesting how he is always amongst the league leaders in the % of his yards and TDs he gets from the pocket. But hey why let the facts get in the way of a good narrative. What I also find interesting I show this narrative you are pushing which you believe so much it is not shared by one expert or supported with any facts. Also why no mention of the numerous sacks he has saved from happening with his mobility. I know none of this fits the narrative you are pushing.

Seafan

Reaction score
RW will always be under duress. He has difficulty stepping up in pocket due to his height. He also likes to hold the ball. It worked well when he was younger and quicker.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Seafan":3gn2gm1c said:
RW will always be under duress. He has difficulty stepping up in pocket due to his height. He also likes to hold the ball. It worked well when he was younger and quicker.

Okay now for the reality, he stepped up in the pocket very well the last few years, 2 if you are being sacked, hit or hurried in under 2-seconds hard to step up, 3 please provide proof he cant see. Also, proof that it is all him on holding the ball and not that fact that the play design requires it or that he is ofter in 3rd and long in fact he was top 3 in 3rd and long and longer pass plays require more time. Some of you are so in need of blaming Wilson for everything that you actually make stuff up or choose to ignore other factors or facts.

What is strange is PC himself has said they run and go for pass plays down the filed, longer pass plays take time, and yet you still ignore it. Also you ignore the number of sacks Wilson prevent running,

Jville

Reaction score
Oh the horror of it all.

From what is often written about Russell Wilson, one might visualize a fragile 95 pound weakling. No need to go thru the mental anguish of crediting a defensive call or a defensive play maker when it is such a no brainier to automatically blame a team mate or coach. If history is any indicator, persistent blame posts will likely never end. Fortunately, we have all seen Russell Wilson play. And although some may live in constant fear every time he takes a snap, many of us don't.

I think game day is a choice in viewer preference in looking for poetry in action or for a terrifying horror show.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Well Simmons was playing better right before the injury anyway it's only a problem for depth as a starter I think Sweezy was terrible in pass pro. So i'm fine if they don't sign him.

Latest posts