Wilson wore gloves for the first time in his career?!

Tokadub

Reaction score
Well I expected there to already be a thread about this but I guess I can start it.

Maybe that's some custom glove that reinforces his busted finger?

It took me at least a few minutes into the game to realize... Wilson is wearing gloves... HE HAS NEVER WORN GLOVES...

I have to conclude his finger is a problem and the gloves might help a little. He looked off on some throws, I wouldn't say he was prime Wilson tonight but he looked ready to win at least.

chris98251

Reaction score
Curious to know if glove was a glove for warmth, or a spandex type to help support his finger of sorts. It was raining and cold and he had the best game in memory in those conditions.

sutz

Reaction score
I believe he wore a glove on his left (non-throwing) hand last week. Maybe he tried it on his throwing hand in practice and liked it.

olyfan63

Reaction score
He watched the new Kurt Warner movie (American Underdog, IIRC?) and was inspired by that. Then he finally watched Kurt Warner's "Study Ball" critique(s) on him and was inspired some more.

justafan

Reaction score
olyfan63":3vzq8kps said:
He watched the new Kurt Warner movie (American Underdog, IIRC?) and was inspired by that. Then he finally watched Kurt Warner's "Study Ball" critique(s) on him and was inspired some more.

Or his finger which had multiple breaks, torn tendon and dislocated is finally feeling better. This was just another day in the life of Russ. This is what he does.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
justafan":1t46ulbv said:
olyfan63":1t46ulbv said:

Or his finger which had multiple breaks, torn tendon and dislocated is finally feeling better. This was just another day in the life of Russ. This is what he does.
Damn-The finger injury gets more added on as time goes.. :lol:

xray

Reaction score
He's just trying them out...Heinz Field gets frosty at times during the season . :D

justafan

Reaction score
The injury is old news. I thought everyone knew how bad it was.

https://apnews.com/article/nfl-sports-p ... bd72b5f734

Wilson ruptured a tendon in what often is referred to as mallet finger, and he also had a “fracture-dislocation” of the joint at the top of his middle finger, Shin said in a statement released by the team. Rehabilitation of the injury will begin this weekend.

https://www.nfl.com/news/seahawks-qb-ru ... 00-percent

Wilson required surgery after suffering mallet-finger tendon damage, a dislocation, and two fractures in his right middle finger -- but this was no time to rest.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I saw him wearing one on his left hand but not his throwing hand. Considering Michael Jackson was activated for the game maybe it was a shoutout! :lol: :lol:

AgentDib

Reaction score
Brady is the one who popularized wearing a glove on the off-hand but not on the throwing hand, and considering his cold weather record I'm surprised more QBs haven't tried to copy him in cold games. This was also one of the better games I've seen Wilson play in the rain. Obviously there's a lot more to it than a glove on the left hand, but maybe a little superstition isn't a bad thing and he should keep it up.

LTH

Reaction score
The cold weather has to be affecting his injury... I just don't see how it couldn't...

LTH

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
Jville":evcwk44m said:

WTF he really does have a Michael Jackson glove on his RIGHT hand haha.

The only finger that is gloved is his injured middle finger on the right hand.

I'll be damned I i didn't notice this amount of detail in the live game broadcast. It's confirmed his right finger needed a glove haha.