Wilson

keasley45

Reaction score
Can any 22s imagine we have the current Wilson as our QB? Blaming Waldron, blaming Pete, blaming everyone?

That's exactly what would be happening. Fans would be calling for Waldron to be fired, PC to be exiled from the NFL forever and for Russ to be given control to appoint the next GM, HC and OC, so that he could... you know, play the type of ball the Broncos allow him to.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
God it's good to have the Broncos to root against this year. I was feeling down after our loss today. This takes a bit of the sting off.
Exactly!

For the first half of the season, I was in a really nice place where I enjoyed the wins and didn't care about the losses. Now I care about the losses, dammit.

But there's still the Broncos! Nothing like some good ol' schadenfreude to make me feel better.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Either he has the biggest case of the yips ever, or a laundry list of injuries that we don't know about.

...or maybe Pete Carroll and the Seahawks coaching staff had learned how to cover for Wilson's limitations, and now that he's out of that environment and has more "control," his limitations are affecting his team's performance now.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
...or maybe Pete Carroll and the Seahawks coaching staff had learned how to cover for Wilson's limitations, and now that he's out of that environment and has more "control," his limitations are affecting his team's performance now.
This is a big part of it, regardless of anything else.

Also, Russ is getting old and slow.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Can't wait for John Dean's explanation.
I already went on the Broncos fan board just to see what he was saying.

Predictably, it's the fault of everyone except Saint Russell the Blameless - receivers who don't get open or catch the ball, an OL that doesn't protect him enough, and coaches who don't know what they're doing and don't call the right plays (and no mention at all, of course, of the "partnership" both Wilson and Hackett said they have, because the poorly run offense is Hackett's fault and not at all Wilson's in @John63/Deandc's world).

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I already went on the Broncos fan board just to see what he was saying.

Predictably, it's the fault of everyone except Saint Russell the Blameless - receivers who don't get open or catch the ball, an OL that doesn't protect him enough, and coaches who don't know what they're doing and don't call the right plays (and no mention at all, of course, of the "partnership" both Wilson and Hackett said they have, because the poorly run offense is Hackett's fault and not at all Wilson's in @John63/Deandc's world).
I'm reading through that gameday thread. Halfway through the thread, pretty much everyone is blaming Wilson for playing like crap.