Wilson

GemCity

Reaction score
Watched our game this morning…stayed away from the scores all day and finally logged on to see Denver’s loss.

Now we need the Chargers to beat the Niners and other than a win today, everything worked out just fine!

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Poor Dean DC had his hands full today. A few examples of the pages of comments regarding Team3 from the Bronco's forum:

"Another terrible play by Wilson."
"Freaking clown show."
"Yep friggan sad, IF this dude says lets Ride, someone please call him out."
"Well, he sure isn't carrying anyone." (Response)
"You can count on the Broncos to break all the wrong records."""
"...Why isn't Wilson making the adjustments? He has rolled out of the pocket zero times and when he has time, he holds the ball."
"A turnover! Good job guys. But don’t sit down, you’ll be back out there in 3 plays."(Defense)
"He is so stupid an incompletion is better than a sack."
"Come on Wilson, just get the 1st down and stop trying to play hero ball!"
"Hahaha, Wilson continually panics and just throws the ball into the air. Such a bad QB."
"Tennessee needs to pick up part of Wilsons' salary after that throw right to them."
"Expected end to another pathetic game."

And my favorite:
"This game was brought to you by the Bryce Young to Seattle Seahawks Draft Fund."

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Russ's's fall is perplexing. There are plenty of QBs, some mentioned here, like Vince Young, Ryan Leaf, Mayfield, Tebow, et al that, OK, didn't quite rise to elite NFL status. Russ just has to suit up and throw the ball at this point, it looks like he never took an NFL snap before.

Either he has the biggest case of the yips ever, or a laundry list of injuries that we don't know about.

Perplexing.
It's not really. He used to be a good football player. Now he's not. He's never been good at the QB position. He's always been this QB, but now that QB is no longer an effective football player

toffee

Reaction score
Not sure how Russ has gotten so thick, with his own full time chef, nutritionist, and trainer, he should be able to keep his weight in check.

strohmin

Reaction score
Not sure how Russ has gotten so thick, with his own full time chef, nutritionist, and trainer, he should be able to keep his weight in check.

I've questioned this for about 5 years. The guy always talked about doing this and that to get better but I never noticed him actually getting better or staying in shape. I always felt that he played with the same skill and intelligence from 2012 - 2017 and then he got fat and lost alot of his mobility. My understanding is that the layer of fat was to help him absorb the sacks better.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I've questioned this for about 5 years. The guy always talked about doing this and that to get better but I never noticed him actually getting better or staying in shape. I always felt that he played with the same skill and intelligence from 2012 - 2017 and then he got fat and lost alot of his mobility. My understanding is that the layer of fat was to help him absorb the sacks better.
There was one offseason/preseason - maybe 2016 or 2017 - when Wilson was talking about gaining lean weight intentionally to be able to have a better chance of surviving all the hits he took. And there was one year - maybe the same year - when he was talking about eating frequently as a way to lose fat. No, I really don't think I'm misremembering this. I thought it was really weird at the time. l remember there being all kinds of stuff in the media about his diet, and how often he had to eat and how many calories he was consuming per day and stuff.
I actually suspected at the time that he might have been doing something naughty too, because for all that eating not to turn into fat, I thought uhhh... exogenous hormones (if I ain't bein' too subtle, and I most certainly ain't) musta been involved. Of course, I also wondered if Brady's 40-day "retirement" earlier this year was to avoid the possibility of PED tests for a specific period, because retired players aren't subject to random offseason testing. So maybe I'm just suspicious of pro athletes. Or something.

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score
Russ's's fall is perplexing. There are plenty of QBs, some mentioned here, like Vince Young, Ryan Leaf, Mayfield, Tebow, et al that, OK, didn't quite rise to elite NFL status. Russ just has to suit up and throw the ball at this point, it looks like he never took an NFL snap before.

Either he has the biggest case of the yips ever, or a laundry list of injuries that we don't know about.

Perplexing.

There's nothing perplexing about it. Seattle catered to his style of play. Our practices were famous for wrs doing scramble drills I'm anticipation of what Pete referred to as the play after the play - the one where Russ creates on his own.

There is nothing new about his play, other than Hackett is EXPECTING Russ to run a traditional offense where the plays require the qb to make the proper reads, checks and adjustments.

Contrary to the narrative that Russ is past his prime now, he NEVER was able to do what he's failing at doing now. He just had a coaching staff that built a system around him and let him be him within the context of a loosely structured offense that gave him a suggested ay to run , and then when it failed, or he would fail to execute it, made sure that that failure was accounted for and his teammates knew how to respond to him playing HIS ball.

He's as lost reading a defense now as he ever was. He just doesn't have Tyler and ADB ... Kearse to bail him out and be in the spots he can hit them when he's running around like crazy.

ADB said it best years ago the season he retired when he was asked how he'd describe his former QBs abilities. ' untapped potential ' was the veiled slight that day. He knew, as everyone else now does that Russ had yet to master the QB position. He'd yet, even with all.of his gaudy stats, managed to learn how to effectively read a defense or execute plays requiring more detailed diag nosis from the qb. ADB took the high road and cast his criticism in a positive light. But the truth in that's statement is the truth that'd always been. Russ has never been anymore effective at running a traditional, qb reliant offense as he is now. He never developed that skill. Potential - unrealized.

Scout

Reaction score
The Broncos came out of their bye week looking really bad on offense. There is no fixing this with the way this season has gone. Rookie HC, overpaid starting QB, no cohesive OL and WRs that are out of synch/constantly injured.

If I am the Broncos you probably should run the ball a lot more and just pass only from play action. That gives your defense a fighting chance to shorten the field and gives them breathing room.

Their defense is elite but their offense is nearly dead last in multiple categories.

toffee

Reaction score
There's nothing perplexing about it. Seattle catered to his style of play. Our practices were famous for wrs doing scramble drills I'm anticipation of what Pete referred to as the play after the play - the one where Russ creates on his own.

There is nothing new about his play, other than Hackett is EXPECTING Russ to run a traditional offense where the plays require the qb to make the proper reads, checks and adjustments.

Contrary to the narrative that Russ is past his prime now, he NEVER was able to do what he's failing at doing now. He just had a coaching staff that built a system around him and let him be him within the context of a loosely structured offense that gave him a suggested ay to run , and then when it failed, or he would fail to execute it, made sure that that failure was accounted for and his teammates knew how to respond to him playing HIS ball.

He's as lost reading a defense now as he ever was. He just doesn't have Tyler and ADB ... Kearse to bail him out and be in the spots he can hit them when he's running around like crazy.

ADB said it best years ago the season he retired when he was asked how he'd describe his former QBs abilities. ' untapped potential ' was the veiled slight that day. He knew, as everyone else now does that Russ had yet to master the QB position. He'd yet, even with all.of his gaudy stats, managed to learn how to effectively read a defense or execute plays requiring more detailed diag nosis from the qb. ADB took the high road and cast his criticism in a positive light. But the truth in that's statement is the truth that'd always been. Russ has never been anymore effective at running a traditional, qb reliant offense as he is now. He never developed that skill. Potential - unrealized.
ADB nailed it, for folks that still on the fence, please go watch the Russ's video on wristbands, he reasoning was he won games without wearing one. Still on the fence? Search for Russ' response on why he often ignored layups, he said the beauty of bombs.

Russ is not coachable.

Scout

Reaction score
At this point RW isn't coachable but what a more experienced HC would do is just run the ball 40 times a game at this point. You have nothing to lose by doing that with an elite defense on your side.

Latest posts