Wilson's intentional grounding?

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's not that big of a deal to me, except for one facet: it's a blatantly easy call to make, or blow in this case.

And like someone else said, any other QB throwing the ball through the end zone needs to be called for it. Also, think of all the balls QB throw out of bounds. It's considered a smart play.

I just wish they'd have some consistency, especially when it comes to defensive pass interference. It's not that I thought the non call at the end of the game for Baldwin was obvious. Honestly, a lot of refs swallow their flags in the NFL on that last play. They don't want to decide a game on one last call, and that's been consistent for a long time.

It's the fact that we've been flagged multiple times for far less contact. If they're going to let us play, it would benefit us, but it's obvious they won't let us play. And our WRs get mugged a lot.

morgulon1

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":7xdyqzzq said:
Zebulon Dak":7xdyqzzq said:
It wasn't literally intentional, but the way the rule is written they had to call it. Sucks but rules is rules. If he's in the pocket and there's no receiver in the area, or he's outside the pocket but the ball doesn't get to the LOS and there's no receiver in the area, that's IG, even if it wasn't literally intentional grounding.

I'm pretty sure this is wrong. I think the rule states it must be thrown in order to avoid pressure or a loss of yards. If I remember the play correctly he wasn't doing it because he was heavily pressured. But rather because of a miscommunication.

I've seen it happen time after time in other games and not get called.