Win Despite Marshawn's Ridiculousness

hawknation2015

Reaction score
getnasty":3g1vvf9y said:
hawknation2015":3g1vvf9y said:
getnasty":3g1vvf9y said:
I love Marshawn but if he really didn't tell them he wasn't alright until an hour before they left then I wouldn't trust him either.

He tweaked it in practice that day and then likely had to meet with the physicians and trainers to make a final decision about whether he should travel. Drama is being created out of the situation.

I just find it hard to believe he tweaked in practice, if that's the case he was never close to being game ready. How hard do you think there going in practice?

It's not hard to believe that someone with back problems might have had something flare up in a non-contact running situation.

Optimus25

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1kfifiqk said:
Optimus25":1kfifiqk said:
I'll say it again. I think it was staged by all.

Because of this minny probably watched very little tape on Michael and focused on lynch.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/685864972270764032[/tweet]

And behind what closed doors did Brady and company meet to talk football psi? Journalism is rarely first hand accounts of these kinds of things.

The competitive nature and multi billion dollar business behind this nfl command schemes, plans, and gamesmanship.

I just won't ever believe the plan wasn't devised. Wouldn't it have been illegal for Seattle to knowingly skew his status?. Of course reports are out that it was all marshawn.

But do you seriously see lynch practicing ok all week and then getting cold feet at the bus like a runaway bride?

Sketchy at best to me.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1qupj0kz said:
How has the team thrown Marshawn under the bus?

They almost never comment on this kind of crap unless directly asked.

They told the media that it was Marshawn's decision, and his alone, to pull himself and not travel. Where do you think Danny O'Neil, Ed Werder, etc. are getting their info from?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
getnasty":pxzy85uy said:
hawknation2015":pxzy85uy said:
getnasty":pxzy85uy said:
I love Marshawn but if he really didn't tell them he wasn't alright until an hour before they left then I wouldn't trust him either.

He tweaked it in practice that day and then likely had to meet with the physicians and trainers to make a final decision about whether he should travel. Drama is being created out of the situation.

I just find it hard to believe he tweaked in practice, if that's the case he was never close to being game ready. How hard do you think there going in practice?

A lot of players play through injuries. ML probably had it in his head that he was going to play. Then probably got to a point that he thought maybe it wasn't a good idea.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1y5sq03m said:
getnasty":1y5sq03m said:
hawknation2015":1y5sq03m said:
getnasty":1y5sq03m said:

A lot of players play through injuries. ML probably had it in his head he was going to play. Then probably got to a point that he thought maybe it wasn't a good idea.

Exactly . . . anyone trying to turn this into a nefarious thing is full of crap.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
DavidSeven":doiyez6c said:
hawknation2015":doiyez6c said:

They told the media that it was Marshawn's decision, and his alone, to pull himself and not travel. Where do you think Danny O'Neil, Ed Werder, etc. are getting their info from?

Because a player is not allowed to indicate the severity of his injury and his perception on the likelihood of re-injury going into an outdoor game in sub-zero conditions?

The team did not throw Marshawn under the bus, and Marshawn did NOTHING wrong.

If you want drama, go read a gossip rag.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Optimus25":27x30ioa said:
But do you seriously see lynch practicing ok all week and then getting cold feet at the bus like a runaway bride?

I don't know if it was cold feet, some serious health issue, or a dispute with the team. But I do know that nothing he decides to do on his own really surprises me. He's been the only untouchable player in the Carroll/JS era and has taken advantage of that to the fullest extent possible. Not making a judgement; just pointing out fact.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
hawknation2015":361zcoed said:
DavidSeven":361zcoed said:
hawknation2015":361zcoed said:

Because a player is not allowed to indicate the severity of his injury and his perception on the likelihood of re-injury going into an outdoor game in sub-zero conditions?

The team did not throw Marshawn under the bus, and Marshawn did NOTHING wrong.

If you want drama, go read a gossip rag.

You're making too much of my comments. I'm just saying they wouldn't say Marshawn pulled himself out unless that's exactly what happened.

People think the team was "gaming" the injury reports. No, that doesn't happen. They had to explain what happened after Marshawn was listed OUT on a Friday after being full-go in three practices, and so they did. If it was a team decision, then they would've stated as such.

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
Okay, anyone making the claim that Marshawn bailed/quit/is (insert negative adjective) for waiting till the last minute to tell the team is missing one incredible important piece: PETE CARROLL SAID ML WAS QUESTIONABLE DURING HIS INTERVIEW ON FRIDAY AFTER PRACTICE!!! This did not come out of thin air. It FEELS like it because we were all excited to see him again. But the team knew he was having issues after the week of full, hard practice.

hawks85

Reaction score
Stainlesssteve":2ojv27c2 said:
Maybe Marshawn was never going to play? Strategy.
bingo. hit the nail on the head. CM didn't get 1st team carries in practice and the vikes were honed in on the beast.

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
getnasty":29u5wne4 said:
hawknation2015":29u5wne4 said:
getnasty":29u5wne4 said:

You find it hard to believe that a player re-aggravates a surgically repaired injury? Really?

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2k3heemt said:
I am just blown away by how much drama Lynch has generated this year. I agree, it seems like he left his team in a really bad spot this week with the timing. I'd play him next week if he's healthy, but I'd imagine the coaches and staff are looking forward to being done with Marshawn drama next year.

What other 'drama' has he created?

harryjohnson

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1nki2v1m said:
How do you tell your team you are not ready to go 20 minutes before getting on the bus? Seriously, you talk about an offense being off, how about trying to scramble and redo your playcalling 20 minutes before traveling.

I think C-Mike did damn well against a D that played the game of their life. Regardless of MW's health, I think you have to give a large amount of snaps to CMike this week so as to insulate yourself for the nuttiness that is Marshawn.

I'd pay good money to see you say that to his face,

getnasty

Reaction score
Dizzlepdx":omw8cx0v said:
getnasty":omw8cx0v said:
hawknation2015":omw8cx0v said:
getnasty":omw8cx0v said:

You find it hard to believe that a player re-aggravates a surgically repaired injury? Really?[/quote
I'm saying I have a hard time believing he goes all of last week doing MMA training for 8 hrs per day and is fine but then goes to a couple of probably non contact/light practices and reaggravates it. I very well could be wrong but It just seem right to me.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
getnasty":2gvo72b7 said:
Dizzlepdx":2gvo72b7 said:

You find it hard to believe that a player re-aggravates a surgically repaired injury? Really?
I'm saying I have a hard time believing he goes all of last week doing MMA training for 8 hrs per day and is fine but then goes to a couple of probably non contact/light practices and reaggravates it. I very well could be wrong but It just seem right to me.

Yes, you are wrong.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I will say that the biggest impact this had was that Lynch got all the 1st team reps in practice.

Michael did a hell of a job, in cold weather, in his first playoff game, with limited practice reps all week.

If I had to speculate on Lynch, I'd say he was probably telling the coaching staff he was fine all week, then things just didn't get better.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Fans can be cruel. We are questioning the heart of the toughest guy on this team. Let's really be serious for a minute. Let's all be serious and look back at the last xxx year ML has been on this team. Has he ever quit? Is there a history of quitting even on a single play in the last xxx years? Please, just be honest with yourself. Do you remember a single day or a single play, where he quit on this team ever?
Look yourself in the mirror and answer those questions.
We should NEVER question the heart of our leaders on the field: Russell, Sherman, Doug, Earl, KJ, Bennett, ML, Kam. NEVER, EVER, EVER.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
When someone isn't forthcoming and tends to buck the system (ML), it shouldn't be suprising that their actions are then questioned. The only person to blame for this speculation is Lynch. It is simply the cost of the way he does things. There is zero reason to berade and belittle fellow fans for questioning something that was indeed sketchy.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
While he was training in the bay area, people say he should be in the office.
He came to the office and trained and tried to be ready. But his body wasn't ready to play.
Now people are bitching he said he wasn't ready to play.
WTF do people want? What exactly did you want?
Milehighhawk":eqljp37n said:
When someone isn't forthcoming and tends to buck the system (ML), it shouldn't be suprising that their actions are then questioned. The only person to blame for this speculation is Lynch. It is simply the cost of the way he does things. There is zero reason to berade and belittle fellow fans for questioning something that was indeed sketchy.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
harryjohnson":ybhy7w8s said:
falcongoggles":ybhy7w8s said:
How do you tell your team you are not ready to go 20 minutes before getting on the bus? Seriously, you talk about an offense being off, how about trying to scramble and redo your playcalling 20 minutes before traveling.

I think C-Mike did damn well against a D that played the game of their life. Regardless of MW's health, I think you have to give a large amount of snaps to CMike this week so as to insulate yourself for the nuttiness that is Marshawn.

I'd pay good money to see you say that to his face,
Seriously you're gonna play this card? God no wonder people leave this place.

Look dude, people are entitled to an OPINION and that's Falcon's. Agree or disagree that's what a place like this is for.

Milehighhawk":ybhy7w8s said:
I agree. Good point. While I don't believe he malingered one bit, he did set himself up for being questioned.

Latest posts