Winningest QB

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Crizilla":3q81qvsw said:
sutz":3q81qvsw said:
The original comment, IIRC, was that Russ "wasn't black enough."

That's one of the dumbest things ive ever heard but im not shocked given how biased the left wing media/fans are. Thank God Russ blocks out all that noise.

True. The "not black enough/too white" allegedly came from some on the D who are no longer with the team. There was some serious personality clashes/jealousies back in the day and much of it centered around Wilson. (And he was not to blame. Russ was and remains a class act.) I shared some of that a season before the interpersonal fallouts became public.

Seems the league is getting back to just "playing ball" and lessening all the social justice nonsense.

That would be wise and many fans would be very grateful.

GO HAWKS!

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1f08n9qe said:
Crizilla":1f08n9qe said:
sutz":1f08n9qe said:

That's one of the dumbest things ive ever heard but im not shocked given how biased the left wing media/fans are. Thank God Russ blocks out all that noise.

True. The "not black enough/too white" allegedly came from some on the D who are no longer with the team. There was some serious personality clashes/jealousies back in the day and much of it centered around Wilson. (And he was not to blame. Russ was and remains a class act.) I shared some of that a season before the interpersonal fallouts became public.

Seems the league is getting back to just "playing ball" and lessening all the social justice nonsense.

GO HAWKS!
I'm willing to let a lot go, but blaming "liberal media" and dismissing Doug and others hard work as "nonsense" is asinine. It's been made clear that unnamed defensive players from earlier in Russ' career made the "not black enough" comments. And Doug has worked his tail off to implement change, with lasting effects. To deny or ignore these facts is simply lazy.
Sorry for the rant, but some of us fans respect and encourage what players like Doug are trying to do, and to see it belittled is infuriating to me.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Sonichellboy":3ekeemwl said:
semiahmoo":3ekeemwl said:
Crizilla":3ekeemwl said:
sutz":3ekeemwl said:

GO HAWKS!
I'm willing to let a lot go, but blaming "liberal media" and dismissing Doug and others hard work as "nonsense" is asinine. It's been made clear that unnamed defensive players from earlier in Russ' career made the "not black enough" comments. And Doug has worked his tail off to implement change, with lasting effects. To deny or ignore these facts is simply lazy.
Sorry for the rant, but some of us fans respect and encourage what players like Doug are trying to do, and to see it belittled is infuriating to me.

Shonuff!
Also, people who use "SJW/Social Justice Warrior" as some kind of NEGATIVE phrase/descriptor puzzle me.
I don't see any way that fighting for SOCIAL JUSTICE can be a bad thing. But I will leave it at that so no one
comes through like the gestapo and bans me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nothing else really needs to be said, by far the best QB this team has ever had. And he has a lot of football left in him.
If you watch the first overthrow, he had 2 big boys right in front of him so he had to go high with his release. Oh well, he more than made up for it, yet again.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Sonichellboy":3cag32sz said:
semiahmoo":3cag32sz said:
Crizilla":3cag32sz said:
sutz":3cag32sz said:

GO HAWKS!

As far as I know, no one has gone on record as saying Wilson isn’t black enough so it remains heresay at this point. To claim them as facts is more lazy.