Woolen = Worthless

hinton

Reaction score
he was so damn good last year too, not sure what's happened to him

blaisio

Reaction score
It's not just him either unfortunately. Adam's is very very bad and Diggs tries to hit everyone with his shoulder instead of wrap up. Think it's a major issue in the defensive backs in general.

nanomoz

Reaction score
This whole team is a mess and isn't playing up to it's potential. Tackling, lack of discipline, poor preparation (10 dudes on the field in a punting situation?). It's a fekin' joke.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Far from worthless. He is still playing decent ball, even if it's solely on the back of his physical gifts. Tackling was always going to be an issue. It was an issue last year. He's soft. We just ignored it because he also had a great INT year.

GemCity

Reaction score
I just wish guys would wrap up. I’m not talking DK threesome wrap up. Im not talking a new Subway DangerWrap.

I’m talking near foot/near shoulder, watch the waist, bear hug type of wrap.

This taking a shot with the shoulder is extremely poor form. If you’re built for it…and can time it…uh…sure.

Riq is an incredible athlete but he needs to bring some fundamental tackling form to his game.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Woolen is not a physical corner. We keep trying to make him one.

He plays well because of his speed. Physicality slows you down and it also draws penalties. So now he plays cautious, both not physical AND not fast.

His game was baiting for INTs and getting pass breakups. We asked him to play a different game, and now all his strengths are minimized and his weaknesses are emphasized.

Again, trying to force players to play like another player, instead of the player they are. I gave up thinking that would change.

He was a solid option at CB, and a bit of a field-tilter. Now he is a liability*.
Get ready to see them do the same thing with Spoon next year.

(*Which makes this FO a liability. If all the raw talent they find, they coach and mold to be ineffective for us. The one thing this FO does right is find raw talent. If every time they do this - they ruin the talent they find...not sure the value of the FO anymore.)