Worried about FA

AgentDib

Reaction score
Most people can look around the NFL and realize that the teams with sustained success are the ones that build through the draft and avoid overpaying in free agency. However, it's a long offseason and waiting while other teams overpay for good players feels like you're a child missing Christmas morning.

Of course some people are going to be antsy about it, just realize that the presents are still coming in April in the form of the draft and UDFA. We'll be picking up 15-18 rookies and even though it's hard to find diamonds in the rough we take enough cracks at it to have a good chance of finding some.

King Dog

Reaction score
You don't build a good team through free agency unless you do, like when we signed Avril and Bennett the same year.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":38viaqh3 said:
Most people can look around the NFL and realize that the teams with sustained success are the ones that build through the draft and avoid overpaying in free agency. However, it's a long offseason and waiting while other teams overpay for good players feels like you're a child missing Christmas morning.

Of course some people are going to be antsy about it, just realize that the presents are still coming in April in the form of the draft and UDFA. We'll be picking up 15-18 rookies and even though it's hard to find diamonds in the rough we take enough cracks at it to have a good chance of finding some.
Dib always gets it!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
getnasty":ne7pjm7p said:
I'm fine with what they're doing, I wouldn't mind Jamaal Charles but even if we don't get him I'm fine with that too. They'll fill some small roles and then be able to draft best player available. Looking more and more like corner in the 1st.

This is the kind of thinking that got us into this mess in the first place. Sign some no talent free agent lineman that have done nothing in the NFL. The line is still the biggest problem I still look at it as if nothings been done.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't understand how all four starters who underperformed on the line last year are just given a pass. One no name who has done nothing in the NFL. I'll try to be patient but good start fam.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
With the Hawks unable to sign Lang and all the other quality OL free agents signed elsewhere, along with a historically bad OL draft class, it is a virtual certainty that he Hawks will against have the worst OL in the league in 2017.

You were right to be worried.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's early, I'm not tossing the towel in just yet, unlike a few here.

So the team didn't overpay to acquire veteran big name help on the interior OLine. It's just 5 days into the FA period and we have seen stupid money thrown at a few not very talented OLinemen. Russell Okung is now the highest paid OLineman in football, really? Handwringing over not signing an injured 29 year old OG for a reported $28.5 mil/3years, not me. As far as I'm concerned there are other players including a few lesser named guys who may still come here, relax, wait and watch. :snack:

If nothing else there is still the draft. Remember this, the team is involved in a lot of FA discussions as a place of choice for many players.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I gotta say guys I completely disagree. We have proven that you can build a winner primarily through Free Agency. I mean look at what we have done. We are proof......

Non-Drafted Free Agency.

Oh you guys were talking about normal free agency... oops.

RW92

Reaction score
gowazzu02":86hpzgbl said:
I gotta say guys I completely disagree. We have proven that you can build a winner primarily through Free Agency. I mean look at what we have done. We are proof......

Non-Drafted Free Agency.

Oh you guys were talking about normal free agency... oops.

Well we sure instilled some confidence here. Signing an overweight, fat, slow, plodding running back.

At this point unless several miracles happen between the draft and signing undrafted free agents that turn into a stud, we will not be able to compete with the Patriots. Let.s face it. Barring major injury they should represent the AFC next year.
And if they do I just don't see us keeping up on both sides of the line.

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't get a great feeling so far.