Would Iupati be too expensive in free agency?

CPHawk

Reaction score
SF49r":r569wwcs said:
Elite runblocker, mediocre in pass protection

He would fit right in with our OL then. Injury prone? Check! Can't pass protect? Check! Sounds like a Cable type guy to me.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I know he would cost about twice as much Carpenter, but I would love for them to target Iupati to start at LG.

Our run blocking would go from good to spectacular. Lynch could probably run for 2,000 yards behind Iupati.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Threedee":wa6flfb5 said:
SF49r":wa6flfb5 said:
Elite runblocker, mediocre in pass protection

Definitely sounds like a Seahawk. We don't believe in pass protection on the NOline.

But does he have a penchant for false starts? That's the last box to check.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Rat":impsfjbs said:
I was under the impression that he has been a disappointment this year. Maybe I heard wrong.

Never been great in pass protection. Struggled early this year but improved throughout the year as a run blocker. Traditionally an elite run-blocker.

People forget because everyone remembers Novorro Bowmans knee injury in the NFCCG...Mike Iupati broke his ankle in that same game and was hobbled by it early on.

If he's NOT expensive, he'll be back in SF. As it is, I'd expect him to be one of the biggest names out there in FA.

Marvin49

Reaction score
irocdave":3hmj4hio said:
Wilsons deal will get done this coming offseason and the niners guard will not be signed by the Hawks. The Hawks will draft more O line players and invest in protecting the QB investment though. The real question is, will Okung sign with the niners?

No.

Niners have cap issues of their own and a number of free agents. Tackle also isn't a need.