Would You Rather Have?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Could not change a thing. Aldon Smith in the correct atmosphere would handle things in a way different manner. All the other facets make for great talking points but I feel make me end up with more of a loss than a gain. We got thru with the barely winning a string of games leading up to the strong showing in the Owl. That single game to me is still phenomenal. We would not go quietly into the night...yadda yadda yadda.....and they still tried to give PeyPey the trophy....to no avail.

Started with Beastquake....and it is all history.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Aros":2z0t6468 said:
Did someone mention the Browns? The video that never gets old... LOL

[youtube]tRBDMMVctu8[/youtube]
Is it my eyes?The guy looks just like Jim Thome ..Former Indians star

sdog1981

Reaction score
Aros":1rnohrgt said:
Ambrose83":1rnohrgt said:
Who cares ?

Wow, be a dick much?

Exactly. This is a fun off season post.

I would take the playoff win. Who knows what this front office would do with no playoff wins or appearances since 2007 in 2011 do they panic? Do they trust the system and philosophy? Emotions and memories matter they make us who we are as people.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Hawks likely would have drafted Locker or Gabbert. QB was the Hawks' #1 need.

BeastQuake will live forever in NFL lore.

The choice is easy.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2xnag3ti said:
QB, Jack Locker

Who's Jack Locker? :p

Seriously, though, it's not even a question. The Beastquake was our Immaculate Reception (people tend to forget, in '72 the Steelers lost a week later to the Dolphins in their perfect season). The Beastquake will live forever. Outside Seattle, it's more famous than the Tip.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I still love the fact that Tracy porter could easily have broken up the run around the four or five yard line, except for the fact that he was completely broken in mind and spirit and just half ass jaunted around after picking up his rag doll of a body from the turf.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
BeastQuake for sure. No doubt that game added thousands if not a hundreds of thousand fans to the hawks bandwagon.

I rank it as the 5th "Most Epic" game in hawks history.

1. SB 48
2. 2013 NFCCG
3. 2014 NFCCG
4. 2005 NFCCG

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I made Raibles beastquake call the ringtone on my phone and if we drafted another QB we wouldn't have the next rings we are going to get :179422:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Optimus25":v0jrpamr said:
I still love the fact that Tracy porter could easily have broken up the run around the four or five yard line, except for the fact that he was completely broken in mind and spirit and just half ass jaunted around after picking up his rag doll of a body from the turf.

LOL so very true.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Were you there? Ummm...

Like many off you, I was there. Don't get to see many games at the stadium either. I can understand the fun of a thought experiment sooooo no. No no no. No no no no no. No no. Noooooooooooooo!

Nope. Wouldn't trade it.

Ok im done experimenting with that thought. Next!

ringless

Reaction score
If you trade that moment, it's very possible the Seahawks don't win a Super Bowl a few years later. Since all of history for the team, and the NFL would be on a different trajectory.....

uncle fester

Reaction score
So the answer always Beastquake and everything that it came to mean and pave the way for. But looking at the draft choices the OP has offered up too - it's not really enticing from that point either, is it?

JJ Watt is the standout from the 'good' list but Houston are now saddled with his enormo-contract, agreed in Sept of 2014, which - in alternate scenario land - would've affected the 2015 contracts of Bobby Wagner, (probably still available in the 2nd round in this scenario) KJ Wright (fourth round), and Marshawn Lynch (prior trade / final contract), to name a few.

Sherman (fifth round)'s second contract came earlier in 2014, but one would have to say the two would also be affected by each other. Then assuming Russell Wilson still lasts to the third round, can you then afford that recent renegotiation?

You could argue Watt's contract in today's money might even be reasonable in isolation, but the ripples clearly aren't.

(Also, and even less measurable, was the fear in defenders eyes from the next season onwards as Lynch lined up in the backfield. Sheer entertainment value there)

bmorepunk

Reaction score
ringless":of84v0sj said:
If you trade that moment, it's very possible the Seahawks don't win a Super Bowl a few years later. Since all of history for the team, and the NFL would be on a different trajectory.....

It's actually very probable that the Seahawks don't win the Super Bowl. Everything had to line up right, and changing the draft order in the 2011 draft means that they probably don't end up with Wright, Sherman, Maxwell and Smith. Many teams end up with different players because of the draft order, changing many things that happen after that. Do the Seahawks even get Wilson the next year? Probably not.

I'll take everything that happened up until the Super Bowl win. It's what made the Seahawks win the Super Bowl. Changing any measurable part of it likely derails their win.